Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: LOTR Quiz

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > LOTR Quiz   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] >>
I believe it was Gwaihir.
I just went back and read that portion of 'The Council of Elrond' where Legolas told the gathering that Gollum had escaped. After told that, Aragorn was surprised and Gandalf rather than saying, "I knew that!' said something similar to 'there is no use crying over spilled milk' so I think it was actually Legolas, unless someone can find words otherwise. Read Smilie
Look on the first page of the next chapter, and you will find that Gandalf tells Bilbo that he had heard that "bit of news" from Gwaihir. I will, however, give you credit for trying and allow you to post the next question.
Okay Happy Elf Smilie

Who said, 'Saruman is a fool, and a dirty treacherous fool. But the Great Eye is on him.'?
I think that was Grishnaka.

P.S. I see that you could not contain your excitement at asking that question until you undoubtedly get Thinker's question in Quote Game correct. Smile Smilie
I believe I asked the above question nine hours before her question was posted over there.Elf Confused Smilie

Turin has the correct answer and it is his turn. Happy Elf Smilie
hence Turin haven't posted a question Grondmaster can post one....... Big Smile Smilie
Okay

What was the name of the lawn running from Nen Hithoel to the slopes of Amon Hen?
Amon Lawn?
Nope, two words and the first on starts with P.
Parth Galen?
Yes, that's it Thinker, your turn. Happy Elf Smilie
When Lady Galadriel bid Gimli, to name something that she could give as a gift in "Farewell to Lorien" what was Gimli's desire Question Smilie
He asked "for one hair from her golden head" I believe.

P.S. I need to get my hands on the translation you have Thinker, the one where Galadriel is a vampire. Elf Winking Smilie
Ah, now we know why Gimli was so smitten with Galadriel, it was her gentle bite after Celeborn's less than welcoming harangue. I think PJ underplayed that scene too. Orc Grinning Smilie
Quote:
when king Elessar died,Legolas followed at last the desire of his heart and sailed over sea. legolas took Gimli with him because of their great Friendship and Gimli went also out of desire to see again the beauty of Galadriel. it is said in the Appendix.

Strange indeed Very Big Grin Smilie

Anyway Happy Elf Smilie, Turin is correct. your turn Turin.......Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
What did Tom take for himself out of the mound of the Barrow-wight?
A brooch for his fair lady Goldberry.
Yes.
What did Grima want to do instead of riding to war with King Théoden Question Smilie
He wanted to stay behind and rule Edoras in his stead.
Correct, Turin's turn again. Happy Elf Smilie
What did Grima call Gandalf in the halls of Meduseld?
(Hint: it means "ill news.")
Stormcrow?
Nope.
Mithrandir?
No.
Hint: I am pretty certain that Grima says this in the movie TTT as well.
Lathspell?
I just checked the book and it is lathspell. Read Smilie
Correct.
Who named Aragorn as "Wingfoot"?
Eomer?
yes correct. your turn Turin
What was the name the men of Bree had for Fornost?
Deadmen's Dike?
Yes.
Can you name another Dike, besides Deadman's, that appeared in LotR?
Helm's Dike.
Correct Turin, your turn, Happy Elf Smilie
What did Aragorn say was more deadly to the Witch-King than Frodo's sword?

Side Question: Why is it that when Merry stabbed WK the bonds holding his "flesh" together were broken, but when Frodo stabbed him it didn't do anything? They were both swords of Arnor.
Frodo's cry of 'Elbereth'.

About the side question: I have started a new discussion thread with it under Swords of Westernesse

Please continue your discussion on that topic there
Correct.
What was another name for Elbereth? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Varda.
Yes, now go answer yesterday's Trivia: Barad-dûr question. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
What was the name of the ent who "burned like a torch"?
Quickbeam?
Nope.
Okay, then it must have been Beechbone.
Yes.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] >>