Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Did you know....

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Ivy Bush > Did you know....   << [1] [2]
haven't heard about it Grondy but Hummingbirds of are country fly sidewards....lol

Did you know that Grondy have an E cat tooooooo?to eat his question posts....lol(today also Grondy's cat have eaten his Who & Why thread question.....what a naughty cat+Dog Grondy have TC)
I knew that.

Did you know my real name is on Mars? It is on a silico-glass DVD attached to the Phoenix lander that has just gone to sleep near Mar's northern ice cap.
i saw that... Wiggle Smilie

Do you know that i created a thread for Tom bombadil? Orc Grinning Smilie
No, I didn't know that.

So do you know where the Thinker put her Tom Bombadil thread?
It's in Green Dragon...... Happy Elf Smilie everyone is welcome if your interested in Tom.......lol

Sorry no question
No, I didn't know that. Like there are many new threads that don't get registered on the main menu until they receive their second post. They do get registered on the secondary menus, just not on the main one. I don't know why this is, it just is. If I don't see a new post on the main menu I don't even look at all the secondary menus.

Do you understand what I just wrote?
yeah Grondy your right....i posted and checked for it but that didn't appear as a latest postOrc Sad Smilie ....but after you posted as the second one it appeared......can't we do something......it's difficult....if i didn't say you that i created a thread no one knows that...... Very Big Grin Smilie

Isn't it Grondy? Shocked Elf Smilie
Did you know that when you create a thread, you can also make the second post in order to ensure your new thread shows up on the main menu. In that post you could say, "This post is a dummy to ensure the this new thread's date shows up on the main menu; and this post may be removed after any subsequent posts are made." Then, after someone makes a third post, you or a moderator can delete your dummy post.
yep Grondy i got it........... Happy Elf Smilie

Did you know when PT's Birth 'day is?
No, we have lost so many of the original threads moving from one forum engine to another and yet another, that I haven't any idea other than it was before the year 2000 when I joined on as a lowly member with one post and no mithril.

Did you know that there was only one elephant that could fly by flapping his ears; and his name was Dumbo.
Did you know that how much i like PT? Orc Grinning Smilie
i can't stay without coming here...i know that Grondy,Rafael & the other are here.Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie ...what if they have posted something and i have missed it..... Orc Smiling Smilie
I'm starting to think so. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Did you know pigs can't fly unless they are flown in airplanes or shot out of cannons.
have heard.....

Did you know that i have to go to Dentist today?
my stupid tooth....i think this is the three or forth time i have consulted Dentist about this stupid tooth.......ohh i am scared ! he he he Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I didn't know that. I don't mind the drilling, ezcept when they use their jackhammer; it is the pain-killer needle that hurts, both as they are injecting and later the next day. They probably are doing it too fast, causing trauma to the gum tissue.
i think i have to go on Friday................he he he! but a bit scared........
Quote:
i think i have to go on Friday................he he he! but a bit scared........

Did you know Franklin Deleno Roosevelt said, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself."

So Thinker, you should not waste your time worrying your dental appointment, at least not until Friday morning.
your right Grondy........he he he! two days more.............

Did you know that Yesterday i had a great fall?
i slipped and it was 12 pm.it was my face i got hurt,still my face is paining
Did it take all the King's horses and and all the King's men to put you back together again, Thinker?

Did you know the egg shape is one of the best structural shapes in compression?
nope, lol...no kings and horses.....but my mother and father and sisters only................! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Yes, Grondy, I knew that.

Did you know that, despite what all those 'fun facts' e-mails say, a duck's quack does indeed ecco? Duck Smilie
I assumed that a duck's quack would echo, were it was placed in an environment propitious to the propagation of echos.

Did you know I can hear the sound of one hand clapping. (My left hand claps louder than my right.)

You also should be able to do it: Hold one open hand in the air with your fingers together and your thumb in the same plane as your fingers pointing 90 degrees away from them (like if your hand was palm down on a table). Then quickly snap that hand closed and you should hear a soft clap. Repeat it multiple time to hear one hand clapping. Happy Elf Smilie
i did it Grondy............a little sound

did you know the question which Grondy forgot last in the "person below the game" thread?
No, I don't remember that one.

Did you know that cow catchers on the old railroad steam engines were to push the cow up rather than have her get under the engine and derail the train?
Did you know...

Wearing headphones for just one hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times!
Yup, we bacterium like moist, warm, dark places; that's where we thrive. Orc Grinning Smilie

Did you know today is Monday, 07 Solmath.
Noooooooop Grondy,

Did you know that i am back again?
I would like to know "where have you been and was it worthed to miss all the fun here?
perhaps not the right place to ask that Paranoid Smilie
yeah PT is fun but there's a problem with my stupid PC that's why..........but i am BACK........seems your enjoying here....! Elk Grinning Smilie

Did you know that 3 PT members are online now?
No, I didn't know that.

Did you know the Newtonian and Einsteinian Theories of Gravity don't account for the anomalies found in the orbital and trajectories of spacecraft and satellites. For example in 1998, the Pioneer 10 spacecraft was about 36,000 miles (58,000 km) short of where they expected, based on the laws of motion given by Newton and Einstein. It is now 98 AU from the Sun, traveling at a rate of 2.5 AU per year (1 AU is equal to the mean distance from the Earth to the Sun: approximately 93 million miles (150 million km).)
The calculations were mistaken. They do not consider the common gravity in the system. The theory is fine regarding space crafts: they are slow enough not to be discussed in the special Quant- mechanics theory, but thy are not heavy enough and so they are getting ever now and then affected by "nearing planets". If you take the formula about gravity, which exists between two objects in the universe you will see the Gravity Force depends on both masses of the objects. But the longer the distance is, the lower the mutual Gravity Force will be. You see, they take the total gravity in Solar System as if it is constant and it is not. Anyway, the Cambridge university has a well made model for calculating positions of smaller space objects in Solar System based on measures made 2001. I do not know if it is also on line accessible.

Did you know that there can not be a correct measure of both speed and common energy of a moving object in space. Only one of them can be defined at time
Heisenberg said much the same thing back in the 1920's. Elf Winking Smilie

Did you know landing the space shuttle is almost, but not quite, nearly like landing a flying brick?
Actually, Heisenberg said one cannot correctly measure position and speed/momentum/energy... of a particle at the same time.
Did you know both Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin were born on the same day, 200 years ago today, like both on 12 February 1809.
Did you know that today i searched Look Around Smilie Tolkien books(tales from the perilous realm,the Hobbit & more) in shops and i didn't find anySuper Wow Smilie ????? and now i am tired????? Sad Smilie
No, I didn't know that.

Did you know that while Polaris, our northern pole star can easily be seen at magnitude 2.0 for navigating the ocean or sky, Sigma Octantis, our southern pole star, is too dim at magnitude 5.45 for navigating oceans or sky. This is because that magnitude it is just above the limit of naked-eye visibility for most persons, thus finding it in the night sky would be next to impossible without a telescope, especially on a tossing ship. Teacher Smilie
Wow. no I didn't know that
Did you know that cows have no top teeth?
Having milked our cow in every evenings all through high school except in summer when I milked her in the morning too, even when I was home from Uni, I should have known that. But I don't remember it though I remember now that when she bit my fingers one time she didn't break the skin. I usually make a practice of not sticking my hands, arms, and head even, into critters mouths, especially ones with manes. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Did you know there is no such thing as too much Mozart?

wow, I did not know much of this information. Grondy was so very very funny, ah, cheers to you dearest Grondy.

Here are a few facts that may or may not be totally useless to you, but , I enjoyed them. indecision

I out of every twenty people has and extra rib. In China the three most recognized western names are Jesus Christ, Elvis Presley and Richard Nixon. Turkey Istanbut is the only city on two continents.

<< [1] [2]