Thread: Aulė“s quizzes!
2. Lorien Ithink
4. Gorthaur the Cruel
5. Possibly Ulmo. If not then Manwe. I'll stick with Ulmo.
2. Irmo(Lorien) and Nienna
2. He lived in Lorien, he learned compassion from Nienna, he was sent to Middle Earth by Manwė. I have no idea who he served.
2. Manwė and Varda
The most of you had it right
The next 5 quizzes are the following:
1. What was Sarumans name in Valinor?
2. Who was the most powerful ainur?
3. From what hobbit "race" was Sméagol from?
4. What kind of jewel is an adamant?
5. Who was also known as Queen of the Earth?
sorry that they are a little to easy.....I“ll get some tough ones tomorrow ENJOY AND GOOD LUCK
and I wish for someone to prove me wrong in those cases where I might be wrong...
Aule, just to let you know (because you asked for it), I believe that my original answer to the second question on your first quiz is correct. Olorin was originally the servant of Irmo and Nienna, not Manwe and Varda as you have listed. Eonwe I believe was the servant of Manwe (pg. 21 Sil), and Ilmare was the handmaiden of Varda (also see the Silmarillion reading discussion group notes posted by Val on chapter 1). Anyway, here are my answers to your next quiz,
3. "akin to the fathers of the fathers of the Stoors"
5. Yavanna (mistress of the earth)
3. akin to the fathers of the fathers of the Stoors
5. Yavanna Kementarķ
1. Who is also named Mahal?
2. Who betrayed Tśrin and was slain by Hśrin?
3. Who was the High King of the Noldor(thank you komosot,you pointed outmy error....the first king is who I am going for.)
4. Who was the High King of the Sindar?
5. Who was the High King of the elves?
[Edited on 8/3/2003 by Aulė]
[Edited on 10/3/2003 by Aulė]
3. Uh, there were many, be more specific. Finwe, Feanor, Fingolfin, Fingon, Turgon, Gil-galad.
4. Elu Thingol
4. Elwe (Elu Thingol)
New quizzes here
1. Which numenorean king was it that lead the attack on the Valar?
2. Who gave Barahir the ring that is known as The Ring of Barahir?
3. What is Galadriels fathers name?
4. What is Isildurs brothers name?
5. Dol Guldur is located where?
2. Finrod Felagund
5. Southern Mirkwood
Peredhil was right!
1. Who had the surname/title Undómiel?
2. Who had the surname/title Tinśviel?
3. Who had the surname/title Serindė?
4. Who had the surname/title Cśthalion?
5. Who had the surname/title Eluchķl?
5. Not a clue and cant be bothered to look it up.
1. Arwen Undómiel
2. Lśthien Tinśviel
3. Miriel Serindė
4. Beleg Cśthalion
5. Dior Eluchķl
Next 5 quizzes!
1. Who slew the mightiest of the winged dragons?
2. What was the mightiest of the winged dragons name?
3. What was the name of the lord of the balrogs?
4. Who slew him?(look at question 3)
5. What race is the Oghor-hai?
[Edited on 14/3/2003 by Aulė]
2) Ancalagon the Black
4) Ecthelion of the Fountain
5) Druedain (Woses)
Here it is, so fill in the blanks:
Gil-galad was an _____-king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was ____ and ____
between the Mountains and the Sea.
His _____ was long, his _____ was keen,
his shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver ______.
But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in _____ where the shadows are.
I have an announcement to make... I have granted Perwing the title "The Aulė apprentice of the month"! Hear ye hear ye!!
Good job Perwing
[Edited on 15/3/2003 by Aulė]
And Grondy do not despair, you will get your chance too..... And Val indeed it is hard to be my apprentice, but it is folly not to try
2. What was the name of Minas Tirith before?
3. Who had the title/surname Peredhil?
4. Who had the title/surname Celebrindal?
5. Which ent died a horrible death in the battle at Isengard that made the other ents go furious??
[Edited on 18/3/2003 by Aulė]
Perwing....The Valar may have forgiven the noldor for what they did but I doubt that they will ever be able to forgive you for that post.....Not even Eru would“ve forgiven you for dissing the race of men“s Lśthien.....That is unforgivable!
do not take this so serious Perwing....everyone is entitled to a opinion....