Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Stupid things

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > Stupid things   << [1] [2]
...................................... i dunno.... i get dipml immunity, no takes for mua!
I don't really know how to put it into words the comfort of loving and being loved by a male can be, but why oh why must it be so dramatic?! Arguments and hurt feelings, if two people have a genuine love for eachother then whats with all the mixed emotions...*sigh*.. I hope all of you at PT chose who you give your love to wisely, because I sure have made one too many mistakes myself and hope no one else has to feel like that, just a way of life, I guess. Sad Smilie
Sad Smilie Don't despair, LadyF, I think we've all been there. The beginning of a relationship is usually rough, if you can get pass that then it will be better, most of the time. But I think to love someone and let it be known is already a risk itself, but we have to take that chance if we want to be with that someone.
Put on some sappy love song, or a song like Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin (that's my usual) when you get into situations like that Fea.
Then mediate on the meaning of life, binge on icecream and find a new man!
I just went through a rough thing with a close guy friend too. Messed up our friendship with "love"
I'm fine ladies, not quite my situation but I do love the idea of finally having an exscuse to eat ice cream...Angel Smilie
Quote:
but I do love the idea of finally having an exscuse to eat ice cream...
That's the difference between men and women. Us blokes don't need an excuse to eat ice cream.
Quote:
The beginning of a relationship is usually rough, if you can get pass that then it will be better, most of the time
That's another difference between men and women. I always find they start great and then go downhill.
Quote:
That's another difference between men and women. I always find they start great and then go downhill.r

Awww, maybe you just haven't found the right one?
Quote:
Aw,you just havn't found the right women,maybe?
No, I'm just the wrong bloke Wink Smilie
I highly doubt that Val, maybe you just haven't found someone who reaches your standards yet
Quote:
maybe you just haven't found someone who reaches your standards yet

You're talking about me aren' you?? Wink Smilie
Why is it so hard to understand that "love" is only chemical?
Quote:
Why is it so hard to understand that "love" is only chemical?r

I think to be attracted to a person (chemically) is one thing and to fall inlove with who they are and what they're truly like is worlds apart. I've been attracted to men by the first time I see them, but once I get to know their additude/charcter/soul, whatever you wish to call it, I feel like running from them.
If you want to make a relationship last it can't just be physical attraction, but emotional, too. 'Least that's how I see it.
That thought of you is the only reason for you to get hurt in your relations with the opposite sex Feawen. As soon as you change your mind, you'll be a much more happier person. Wink Smilie
Sorry Vampyr, but I completely agree with Fea here.
Of course you do Peredhil. In fact ,most of the people disagree with me. But again, i can't see any "Happy" couples around.
Quote:
Of course you do Peredhil. In fact ,most of the people disagree with me. But again, i can't see any "Happy" couples around.
The main reason for my disagreeing with you is that I constitute one half of a happy couple.
Gee, not only do you see the glass as half-empty, Vampyr, it's also chiped so it can cut your lip and has ebola-virus around the edge.

If you go into a relationship thinking "it will never work", then it will never work! You have to make an effort.

If 43 percent of first marriages break up within 15 years, it means that 57 percent stay together for over 15 years! It is so easy to take some statistics and make them show whater you want them to show. That was a news article, and the news don't focus on posetive things, happy news don't sell!

Of course this is easy for me to say whos had three nice years with my boyfriend and still feel my tummy tingle when I look at him, but at least now you know about one happy couple! Wink Smilie
Quote:
Gee, not only do you see the glass as half-empty, Vampyr, it's also chiped so it can cut your lip and has ebola-virus around the edge.

I would see it if the glass was half-full Amarie. My experiences and observations show me that the glass is completely empty.Not even 1 drop in it.

Quote:
If 43 percent of first marriages break up within 15 years, it means that 57 percent stay together for over 15 years!

57 percent may be staying together more than 15 years but that doesn't necessarily mean that they don't seperate after that period.
(This may cause most of you to think that i'm inhuman but i'm gonna say it) After 15 years of being together, a relationship generally turns into a habit.Especially if there's a marriage and kids in this relationship. I mean many women forgive their husbands after cheating on her because of the kids. That doesn't mean they stay together because of love! That is an obligation! (There, i said it)

Quote:
It is so easy to take some statistics and make them show whater you want them to show. That was a news article, and the news don't focus on posetive things, happy news don't sell!

Indeed, it is easy to show news as proof Amarie.And guess why? Because they tell the truth! And i'm telling the truth as well. And why do you think the happy news don't sell? Because they do not tell the truth! Nothing is going well in the world. The air gets more and more polluted every day. People are still killing each other. The governments are spending most of their money on weapons and research of weapons of mass destruction! So please don't expect me to be optimistic.
(Oh man! Guess i'm off the topic eh? Wink Smilie )
All i can say is that every relationship has a life. And if the "love" you're talking about ever existed, why would all those couples seperate?
I would love to give an example. Hope that satisfies you;
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/releases/01news/firstmarr.htm
Quote:
After 15 years of being together, a relationship generally turns into a habit.Especially if there's a marriage and kids in this relationship. I mean many women forgive their husbands after cheating on her because of the kids. That doesn't mean they stay together because of love! That is an obligation!

There's no reason to assume that all marriages ended because a spouse is cheating on the other. And I do think that some people stay together even after relationship problems because they still love each other, and getting through the problems only make their love stronger. No relationship is without problems, whether in love, friendships, families, work, etc.

Quote:
Indeed, it is easy to show news as proof Amarie.And guess why? Because they tell the truth! And i'm telling the truth as well. And why do you think the happy news don't sell? Because they do not tell the truth!

Not all news tell the truth. Most news that gets to the media are news that people want to read about, people want to respond to, people want to buy. It's not necessarily happy news don't sell or bad news sell, it's news that people want that sell. That's why when there's a hot story about a certain topic, everyone publish or broadcast something related to that topic because they know it's what people want to know at that time. People especially loves stories on tragedies and heroism, but hot stories changes almost everyday, especially in our time now.

[Edited on 5/12/03 by Naira]
Quote:
There's no reason to assume that all marriages ended because a spouse is cheating on the other.

I did not assume all the marriages ended because of cheating. That was just an example.

Quote:
And I do think that some people stay together even after relationship problems because they still love each other, and getting through the problems only make their love stronger. No relationship is without problems, whether in love, friendships, families, work, etc.

That doesn't prove anything Naira. Those couples could be staying together for money or something else as well. You can never be sure that it's "love" what keeps them together.

Quote:
Not all news tell the truth. Most news that gets to the media are news that people want to read about, people want to respond to, people want to buy. It's not necessarily happy news don't sell or bad news sell, it's news that people want that sell. That's why when there's a hot story about a certain topic, everyone publish or broadcast something related to that topic because they know it's what people want to know at that time. People especially loves stories on tragedies and heroism, but hot stories changes almost everyday, especially in our time now.

The fact that people love to read tragedies and heroism doesn't mean that those news aren't true. And one more question; If people are so full of "love", why do they want to see those sad stories?
It's not necessarily they want to read sad news, it's just that stories about people who has lost their families or those who save others are more interesting than stories about people winning Nobel prizes. Besides, when people read about sad news, they'll be thankful that it doesn't happen to them and appreciate their loved ones more. In general.
Quote:
It's not necessarily they want to read sad news, it's just that stories about people who has lost their families or those who save others are more interesting than stories about people winning Nobel prizes.

I ,too,know that Naira. What i'm asking is "WHY?" Why do people want to read sad news?

Quote:
Besides, when people read about sad news, they'll be thankful that it doesn't happen to them and appreciate their loved ones more. In general.

I don't think that's the answer.
Unfortunately, Vampyr, there aren't always answers to questions in life. But it helps if we aren't always looking at the negative side of things. Life is too short for that.

"Those who wish to sing always find a song" - Swedish proverb
Well, to me optimism is a great weakness. If you're ready for the worst, you'll never be disappointed Wink Smilie
Quote:
Life is too short for that.
Maybe so, but it's still the longest thing anyone ever does. Wink Smilie
Actually, I don't know why I'm saying all these. God knows I've had my share of being cynical. I guess I'm just trying to be positive just like most people I know, but then again we're all only humans. Smile Smilie
Vampyr I think why we are all attracted to tragedy
Is because we feel for that person. To a certian extant we are all sadistic an we alll thrive in that pain. That is my idea

Tiger_Eyes Wolf Smilie
*Member of the Amarie rocks club*
*Member of the always Happy club*

Fave Quote: *You Foul Loathsome Evil Little Crockroach* Orc Grinning Smilie

( )( )
( '.' )
(")_(")
Nice wabbit! Aragorn_estel.
I thought I was the only person who ever said wabbit! People never know what I mean. Well, since I shortened wabbit to wab, that is. But then I changed wab's meaning. So now it's not wabbit. But I still use 'wab' to mean wabbit sometimes. That really confuses people.
Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie
Where I come from, Loni, ' wab ' can be taken as a racial slur for someone of Hispanic descent, so be careful how you use that one! I just want to say that I neither approve of the usage of such slurs, nor use them myself ever. I believe that it is a heinous crime to do so. That said, I think all of us are silly wabbits!

As for the insatiable desire to witness or view tragedy or horriffic events, I agree that it is in human nature, however; I also tend to think that one's background and personal history has a lot to do with it as well. For example, someone who has experienced several traumatic events in their life is (probably) much less likely to seek out such things as a form of entertainment, simply because they have dealt with enough in their real life. In contrast, one who has an uneventful life or who has not experienced tragedy or terror or misfortune would be much more curious of these things and would most likely want to get a closer look, but from a ' comfortable ' distance.

I disagree with you very much, Vampyr-to be an Optimist by nature is certainly not weak. It is not being unrealistic, either. It is being aware of all circumstances, but choosing to not let anything " break your stride", to quote a favourite 80's song. To be an Optimist requires great strength in the face of adversity. Ask any Cancer patient if they feel that it is weak for one to be an Optimist. It is simply a case of mind over matter. The ability to control your own mind enough to keep on going is amazing. Such things are inherently strong, a true reflection of Survival of the Fittest. One that can withstand great tribulation and still maintain positivity is truly strong indeed.

I think that the person who is continually negative is only hurting themselves, as well as their loved ones, usually. Those people are generally more ill than their positive counterparts, have a shorter life expectancy, and have weaker relationships. This is all very generalized, of course. Again-mind over matter, though. The mental landscape will eventually exude itself physically, so if you are negative always, it may have the potential to negate your very body, and vice-versa.How do you think it is possible for people with terminal diseases to heal themselves and completely rid themselves of their sickness?

I am sorry to go on the offensive, Vampyr-I just plain do not think that your statement is correct and if you have very strong feelings like that, I am sorry for you as I believe that you are missing out on a lot. Wary Smilie
I got my "wabbit" from Elmer Fudd when he sang the aria Kill the Wabbit! in one of Bugs Bunny's cartoon operas. As I remember Elmer wore the prerequisite horned helmet and carried the spear, but I'm not sure if he wore the bronze bra.
I love that one! Bugs Bunny was the one wearing the bronze bra, a blond wig and a little helmet and Elmer started singing Oh Brynhildaaaaa.... Ha Ha Ha Smilie A vewy pwetty wittle wabbit.
  << [1] [2]