Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: X-Men 2!!! WARNING!! SPOILERS!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > X-Men 2!!! WARNING!! SPOILERS!!   [1] [2] >>
I'm with Aule, make mine Marvel. Matrix was WAAAAAAAYYYY Overrated and I don't care whether they make 15 sequels, I still think it stank.

X2 on the other hand was fantastic, and they have to do a third now don't they, and do the whole Phoenix plot that they've just dragged up at the end of that movie. (If you don't know then don't ask, it'll just be a spoiler). But I have been missing Beast terribly (and they have taken a lot of liberties with characters like Rogue, and Iceman, but I'll forgive them, and I wanted them to look like the comic as well, but...) I didn't notice them mention Dr Henry McCoy, do you think that was just a nod, or a foreshadow? I hope he turns up.

Anyone know anymore on the supposed Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four Movies yet?
Hehehehe yeah Matrix is cool and all but X-men is better....and as I said:HUGE COMIC FAN!!!

But that means that I like anything that has to do with marvel!! Like the moviesTongue Smilie
X-Men wins over Matrix....just because I am a HUGE COMIC FAN!!!
If you mean in terms of comics and stories and plots, X-Men wins hands down. But if you mean special effects and cool stuff...well Matrix's The One! Big Smile Smilie
Elfstone joined the Aulė club!!! I am haven“t seen it either and can“t wait to see it!!!
Of course there will be!
I can't believe it, but I still haven't seen it yet! I just had too much other stuff happening over the weekend. I'll definitely see it sometime this week!

For the record, I've heard that there will be at least an X3 for sure!
Cyclops Smilie
Quote:
Now I have to wait 12 days more and Matrix:Reloaded will be ready!

11! I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited! Keanu Reeves is really cool; personally, i liked Speed, with Sandra Bulluck. Love that movie.
I went through all the trouble this past weekend to get The Matrix from my brother. So I finally got it on Saturday. A week of torture! It was awful. So Sunday comes...i pick up the TV guide and Behold! A big picture of Keanu Reeves as Neo with the glasses and everything, the caption: The Matrix Friday at 8:00PM on Fox. I was mad. I went through all this trouble and its on TV! I still have the cover of the TV guide though...that picture of him on the front is priceless.
I figured out some stuff on the Matrix Reloaded on http://www.whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com the official website. It was pretty cool...you can see all these pictures, and all the new characters like Persephone, Zee, Niobe, Seraph, Commander Lock, Link, The Twins, Merovingian, and Ghost...all the new characters.
And for X2:X-Men United, the official website is http://x2-movie.com/ then click on what language. Then you can visit William Strykers Mutant Database(not much to see there...just most of the mutants..Nightcrawler, Iceman, Pyro, Lady Deathstrike. In Cerebro, theres much more. You can see videos...scenes from X2, theres a new Global Video chat...trailers...pictures...thats just a start.
OK, I ranted on and on...I just love movies! Movies Movies MOVIES!!! Wink Smilie

[Edited on 6/5/2003 by Delidia]
I'm sorry you feel that way about the Matrix, Plastic, sir. Wink Smilie
Personally, I love the Matrix...but seriously, spitting up blood just doesnt go for me. *shakes head*
Which one is better? Well, seeing as I love them both...well, theres the answer.
Quote:
GO NEO!!!

I agree! And Tank is pretty cool too. Trinity had some cool lines. But the end emotional sequence...(You cant be dead. Because I love you. You hear me? that part.) it was good! Every movie is better with a love story and a gay guy. no offense. heehee.
Yeah it“s a great film, they must make at least one more, I mean we are yet to see Gambit and Beast wich are pretty cool I might add, they just can“t leave them out they are mentiond in the movie for crying out loud (The list of mutanta in Yurikis computer and the mentioning of Dr Henry McCoy on the TV set) I would be very dissapointed if they didn“t make a sequel.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like X2 is going to blow the first one away! I can't wait, definitely going this weekend, if not Friday night! Mutant Power!!!
Cyclops Smilie
YEAH MUTANT POWER!!!!
PYRO!!!!!!!! *screams in Aulės ear* That guy who can manipulate fire is PYRO!
*Aulė cleans out his ears...and says: I now know that the mutant who manipulates fire is PYRO...but Pyro can“t kick Nightcrawlers butt!!*
Yea, well Pyro is with Magneto. Nightcrawler was cool. Storm was aaaawwwwweesssssooommmmeee!!!! ...sorry. Wink Smilie
Just got back from the movies. It was pretty good... but didn't change my life or anything.

Some pretty heavy performances for a comic book movie. I think it'd probably be very easy to carry a performance waaay over the top in a movie like this but they all did fantastic. Particularly Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman and Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler. Overall, a definite Thumbs Up Smilie
Great movie... must watch it again soon. I got the definite impression there'll be more.
Yeah my friend said that too....I just want to see it and start think about the sequel....
I need to see this film I missed it yesterday whole mix up with my bro. but from what I have seen and read this will rock. Concerning the FF movie hopefully they do it better than the first one they made. It was made with a budget of $20,000 or some silly amount like that and it was just cheesy.
Ghost Rider now trhat would be interesting to see but would they go with Johnny Blaze of the other guy who did it daniel, david...I forget who he was butI'll find out.
Also they have tooken alot of liberties with the characters Ice-man and Rogue especially as Plastic said. I wanted them to be close to the comic characters myself but well they didn't do that.
I would like to see the Sentials in the thrid one myself. An enemy that can't be reasoned with like Magneto its programmed to do one thing destroy mutants. And maybe the Phoenix saga as well starting up cause this would bring Cyclops in to play more. Cause I know he doesn't have much of a part in this film. Its more of a Wolvie flick.You just have to look at the movie posters to see that. The ol'canucklehead is the most prominent character.
Also maybe En Sabah Hur and Mr Sinister and Angel as well.
What am I saying I want it all in the next movie the brood,operation zero tolereance,the morlocks all of it.

[Edited on 7/5/2003 by Darous]
Quote:
I'm with Aule, make mine Marvel. Matrix was WAAAAAAAYYYY Overrated and I don't care whether they make 15 sequels, I still think it stank.

Right off the bat I want to state that I don’t mean to offend anyone, and obviously we are all entitled to our own opinions (I respect all intelligent and informed opinions even if they differ from mine), but I have to back the Squirrel here. Personally, I just don’t get all the hype with the whole Matrix thing? JMHO.
Elf Smilie
Has anybody tryed X-Men 2 Wolverine“s Revenge or X-Men Next Dimension. I own Next Dimension and I think it“s ok (it“s cool to be Nightcrawler and Wolverine) but I“m thinking about buying Wolverine“s Revenge, can anybody comment on that?
Quote:
Concerning the FF movie hopefully they do it better than the first one they made. It was made with a budget of $20,000 or some silly amount like that and it was just cheesy.

It's in pre-production now, both of them are, and I reckon they'll be big budget now, what with the current obssession with COmic book movies.

Quote:

Ghost Rider now trhat would be interesting to see but would they go with Johnny Blaze of the other guy who did it daniel, david...I forget who he was

Danny Ketch, from the 1990 series 2 of Ghost Rider, which is actually pretty darn good. But I reckon they'll have to go with Johnny Blaze, or scare the bejesus out of everyone and use the original Western series instead.

Quote:
but I have to back the Squirrel here. Personally, I just don’t get all the hype with the whole Matrix thing? JMHO.

Hooray! It's not just me anymore!!!

Oh, and the people here who don't know about Phoenix have nothing to fear,as they have no idea what we're talking about and thus can't have the plot spoiled. And they do focus to much on Wolvie in both these movies, time to shift the spotlight methinks.
I've not seen X-men 2 (origonal title) or Matrix reloaded yet, but I will most likely prefer X2. The Matrix was essentially a B-movie and people were always saying it was an amazing idea. Well to me it wasn't that amazing as 1st of all I've always thought of animals as brains with organic robot bodies! 2nd being slightly unhinged I've often wondered if anybody else actualy exist or if it's all a test to see how I react, as whenever anything starts straightening out in my live something always comes out of nowhere and ******* it up!

[Edited on 8/5/2003 by Valedhelgwath]
Well....for me I can't wait for Gambit to come out! Go Gambit! Big Smile Smilie Ok....I am over my craze over gambit for now. The Phoenix Saga will be one h*ll of a ride I will bet. And it is true that there was too much focus on wolvie...but well....I like him better in the comics. And wouldn't it be cool if they did the Age Of Apocalypse thingy too?
excuse me. I assure you, i exist.
Well I must exist. Otherwise I couldn't have come up with my theory!
Well Wolverines Revenge is a fantastic game I bought it as soon as it came out. I recommend it to any X-Men fans get it it rocks. Danny Ketch I was close but Plastic they probably will go with Blaze as he is the man for the job.
I am also real Asteroth...well i hope I am if not then thats my whole existance out the window.
AOA would be fantastic but then you would have to bring in the alternate timelines..Legion Xaviers laddie, alot of time travelling and big Bishop as well and I think myself that that would be a very tough one to do even for Singer who is doing a great job at the moment.
But that is the thing The Uncanny X-Men is an endless supply of ideas and movies its the next big trilogy. Star Wars and Star Trek...yeah right. This Millennium is the millennium of Marvel. And as "the man " often said
"Make mine Marvel"

[Edited on 9/5/2003 by Darous]
Nef, your new avatar looks great. Big Smile Smilie
I think I am going to see X-Men 2 tomorrow....but my friend said that Wolverine aint gonna have his yellow suit in X-Men 2 either! MAN THAT“S DISAPOINTING!!!
Thankyou Peredhil! I love it myself. Its all Amariė!

Aster, really.
Quote:
Anyone know anymore on the supposed Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four Movies yet?

Here's a little bit I came across on FF. If this is old news to you, I apologize.

Quote:
The Fantastic Four: The always debonair Andy Jones from E! Online has a big juicy rumour about the comic adaptation from the Fox lot, here's a peek: "One source tells me top execs want to turn Marvel's foursome into a comedy thriller in the vein of, say, McG's Charlie's Angels remake, rather than a more straightforward dramatic thriller like the studio's own X-Men. But another well-placed source says now that Fox has hired Mark Frost (Twin Peaks)...as the studio wants to go darker. Tongue-in-cheek, sure, but with an edge". Director Peyton Reed claims the rumours of the more 'comical' version he hadn't heard, but did drop this line which isn't exactly a denial -"I think Mark is a smart writer...I'm not gonna say the tone will be Twin Peaks, and it's not a rollicking comedy. There's 40 years of source material; The Fantastic Four incorporates a lot of different tones, so that's what's great about it and also what's tricky about it.

Elf Smilie

[Edited on 24/5/2003 by Elfstone]
I don't get what people have against the Matrix. I thought it was flawless. And I have high hopes for the sequels.

X-men was good... lots of character developement which is always great provided there's a meaty story and great action to go along with it, which there wasn't. X2 made up for it in buckets though.

Well, since there're a bunch of comic book fans here (not me, I never owned a single one) what do you all think about The Hulk? The special effects look pretty crappy to me but I have faith in Ang Lee as a story teller. After Crouching Tiger he had no shortage of big budget movie offers coming his way and he chose The Hulk so he must have felt he could make a good film out of it.
it fricking fantastic...I saw it and from the start with Nightcrawlers bamfing fight scene godd*mn amazing to seeing the phoenix at the end wow I am awestruck anyone who ain't seen it go now right now.
It's always the same when Jean died the first time a gulp came to my throat when reading the comic.The second time in the dark Phoenix saga she does it again and the gulp is there watching the cartoonand seeing it happens the same again. I the movie its no different. I know whats gonna happen and thats how da*n good it is.
You may go a the big sissy but I could'n't give a squat.
Plastic will back me up on this one (hopefully) when you get a story for example the last issue of X-Men before the AOA when the galaxy is being crystalized and you have Rogue and Gambit share there last embrace and you feel it . that is damn good writing and its a tribute to the writers man...to be able to do that is just amazing.
And I take my hat of to those gents at Marvel and say thanks for all you have given us.
Make mine Marvel
Backing you up here Dar. Big Smile Smilie

And the more often Jean dies, the more you just feel like saying "Christ! Not again? Hurry up and come back will you!"

ooops, now that was a spoiler....

You want a lump in your throat from a Comic book? Read the death of Gwen Stacey from Amazing Spiderman. She never came back. Still gets to me now...
I saw it 2 days ago.....and it was much more better than any movie I have seen.....well lately....So it gets the best film of 2003!!
There could be better films out yet this year, although before any of you pipe in, it won't be ROTK! The Hulk might be good though!
I agree about that ROTK will NOT be the movie of the year but not the Hulk either....they made him to big and....nah! Lou Ferrigno“s Hulk can not be replaced....

I“ll take my Hulk a Lou Ferrigno styleTongue Smilie
Quote:
I agree about that ROTK will NOT be the movie of the year but not the Hulk either....they made him to big and....nah! Lou Ferrigno“s Hulk can not be replaced....

I“ll take my Hulk a Lou Ferrigno styleTongue Smilie

Weeeelllll the Lou Ferrigno Hulk does have a certain nostalgia value, but it was rubbish. I mean, they didn't even get Bruce Banner's name right. Nobody has ever explained that to me either.

Okay, easy way to settle this, hands up who prefers Nicholas Hammond to Tobey Maguire as Spiderman. Anyone? No? case closed.
Okey you demented skewrlTongue Smilie I will say that Lou Ferrigno was the Hulk and it is not as good to have a computer made Hulk as it is with an actor!

(Don“t take offence for the demented Plastic! It was meant as a joke....but you can always take out the anger on me at the mumble grumble thread!:PSmile Smilie
Well Aule, I have to disagree once more, as the Hulk is much much bigger than any human actor (even mr. Ferrigno himself) could ever be. This is why a CG version of him will work better, same as with Spiderman, a real flesh and blood actor just can't do the same things as a Comic-book hero without becoming CG at some point. And Hulk is no exception, I am preparing to be amazed and gobsmacked by the Movie, as a big guy painted green and wearing ripped trousers, is NOT the Hulk.
I totally agree with PlasticSquirrel on that. A real flesh and blood actor can't be fully ablt to act out the super-heroes that we know and love. That is why most comic book lovers dread the fact that their heroes being made into dramas and movies. Comic book heroes are made to do things ordinary people can't do and that is what captures our fantasies and interests, therefore, in my opinion, actors can never play super heroes without any help from technology.
I say use muppet's not cgi!
Quote:
I say use muppet's not cgi!
Or use tongue depressor puppets. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Have the Death of Gwen Stacy Plastic and it's sad. And also Plastic a DVD to get the legend of wolverine cause you get well 4 of the cartoon series involving Wolvie but you also get a interview with Chris Claremont oh yea and also a short interview with 'the man' and also Chris does a commentary of the cartoons as well.
The opening line is fantastic " Hi I'm Chris Claremont. Have you ever wanted to watch a episode of the x-men with me..well now you can" it's so cool.
Also Hulk will rock and he has to be CGI same as the beast and apocalypse if they do him cause a guy can't do what the hulks gonna do same as the thing as well. I have seen what a guy looks like dressed in a Thing costume its just silly people. And the costumes well if you go to the Marvel website and go to appearances...then you will see why they don't have there comic costumes on.Trust me on this one and then argue with me(if you want to) once you have seen the pictures.
Quote:
Or use tongue depressor puppets.

Huh? Orc Going Huh Smilie

I personally liked The Incredible Hulk TV series for nostalgic value, like Plastic said. But there were actually some really good stories told on that show (as well as really corny ones too- the Hulk takes on... midget wrestlers?)

Quote:
I mean, they didn't even get Bruce Banner's name right. Nobody has ever explained that to me either.

According to http://www.incrediblehulktvseries.com/index.html FAQ's there are a number of versions of this story. One is that the name "Bruce" was considered stereotypically gay in the 1970's.

Another is that the producer of the show decided he didn't like the illiterating ring of "Bruce Banner" (like Clark Kent, Peter Parker, etc.) and so named the character after one of his children which he apparently did on another show he produced (remember "V"?). All was not lost, however- the TV show character's full name was David Bruce Banner

Who knows which version is true. Maybe both. Maybe neither. Does anyone really care?

Quote:
Well Aule, I have to disagree once more, as the Hulk is much much bigger than any human actor (even mr. Ferrigno himself) could ever be. This is why a CG version of him will work better, same as with Spiderman, a real flesh and blood actor just can't do the same things as a Comic-book hero without becoming CG at some point. And Hulk is no exception, I am preparing to be amazed and gobsmacked by the Movie, as a big guy painted green and wearing ripped trousers, is NOT the Hulk.

Ok Plastic you“ve got me....but I still think that the ones with Lou Ferrigno was really great!
Hooray! A convincing argument for once. Go me!

And Muppet Hulk?!?!?! Now that would be funny.

I've seen the Marvel appearances page before, and I agree wholeheartedly Dar. Nicholas Hammond's Spiderman still has a place in my heart, but he looks ridiculous.

And thanks for the Hulk info Prog, very useful, if not in the least conclusive.
Quote:
Was it the extra iron that Mystique put in the guard that allowed him to escape??

You betcha, a little far-fetched perhaps, but hey, it's a Comic! Before, all the stuff in the cell was plastic, so he couldn't control anything. So he used the massive amount of Iron that Mystique put in the guards blood to make them little balls that he used to shoot the heck out of everything. Very clever really.
Went too see The Matrix Reloded yesterday and I have too disagree with you Asteroth I thought it was great Cool Elf Smilie.
Ok, one hting to say- X-men 2 is awsome.
I say a week ago, and i loved it- though at the end, i was kinds sad,,, 'cause my fav characters are Scott Summers (aka Cyclops Cyclops Smilie ) and Jean Grey, and well Jean dies and well, ya Sad Smilie Sad Smilie Sad Smilie Sad Smilie Sad Smilie but i know she will be back as Pheonix Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie

Ohh, and i'll see Matrix reloaded on friday(in 3 days) and i'll be able to agree on if it's good or bad then Wink Smilie Tongue Smilie Cool Smilie Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie

He he, i can't wait for the 3rd X-men!!!!!

Tiny I Wiggle Smilie
  [1] [2] >>