Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Bizarre Dreams!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > Bizarre Dreams!   << [1] [2]
I think the more strange a dream is, the more normal your waking life is because you have a chance to mentally expell all of the negative thoughts during sleep, when your body has the highest potential to heal itself, in a non-traumatic way. So if you have very odd dreams, it may be a sign of mental health, as apposed to mental decay-or something like that. Of course, I have no supporting information whatsoever and am in no way an expert. Boring Smilie

Vee, I absolutely love your Big Bro./ Star Trek vision! You must pursue this!

My husband, who I find is the antithesis of what I mentioned above, once had the WEIRDEST DREAM EVER. I will tell you all the way he recounted it to me, because if I told you what it looked like to me, as he woke me up, he might need to be thoroughly examined by a psychiatric team immediately!

He said that he dreamed nuclear bombs were being set off in the major cities and that a siren had sounded. He thought that a World War was on, and that he'd been fighting to defend our house and gotten his leg broken somehow(that would explain why he fell off the bed in a crumpled heap!).
He also thought that we had a bomb shelter under our house(which we do not), and he went over to the corner of our room where his desk is, threw the desk away from the wall, got down on the floor(all of this with a supposed broken leg, mind you), and began to pull up the carpet, as if that was where the shelter was(at least that is what he says). He was all the while screaming at me to get the kids safe and get into the shelter, and I kept telling him that it was okay and to get back to bed. He would not wake up, so I yelled at him(!) to shut up and go back to sleep, and finally he did.

I think he might honestly suffer from some sort of sleep-walking disorder, don't you?
I sure hope that his dream was not a premonition of some kind. SSSSSPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Smilie
Hehe, hopefully it's just some bad sleep habits and not precognitive dreams...
A few months ago I had recieved an email from an address I thought I recognized and upon opening it discovered it was the beheading footage of Berg. The week after that all I dreamt about was the war and many other terrible things that I had heard were done during Saddam's reign. That whole week I also sleepwalked to the kitchen and would turn on the oven... I told my mom who took me to a doctor who told me I was just a bit upset and worried about the war... duh. I could have told her that. They went away eventually though, hopefully that's a sign that this war will eventually end soon too.
Earlier this summer, the nurse who rebandages my foot twice a week at the clinic told me she dreamed she came to my apartment and rearranged all my furniture. Now that's weird! Fast Asleep Smilie
I have some real real weird dreams, about 90% of them I don't remember, but usually early in the morning when I'm begining to wake up I'll remember them.
I seem to have bouts of dreams for a few weeks then nothing for weeks or months at a time.
Also I've noticed I sometimes have reacuring type dreams, I say type because I've never dreamed the same dream over and over, once I had 3 dreams in a row and it was like a continuation, and it was so weird, it was kinda like one of those weird paintings you see every now and then, they show a drawing of a room say, and the sea is lapping below the curtains, and out one window you can see a desert and so on and so on.
In my dream I'm standing at the shore of a river, there is a wooden row boat in front of me and a man is sitting in it, I can't remember if he was hooded or not, sometimes I think e was other times I don't, anyway, he holds his hand out to me and I suddenly realise he's the boatman, I reach into my pocket and pull out a coin, I have no idea what type, and hand it too him. Next minute I'm in the boat with him and he's rowing me accross the river, I suddenly notice that we are in a forrest, when before on the otherside of the river I'm pretty sure it was grassy and open. thats when the first dream ends, in the second one i'm walking in the forrest, i can't remember getting out of the boat or even thinking about the boatman, I turn to the left and all of a sudden I'm walking along a beach, it is sunset and the sky is a bright briliant red, everything is tinged with red, I notice that there are things being washed onto the beach in the surf, small dark bodies, I know what they where but I won't say here, it may upset people, then that dream ends. In the third and final dream I'm still walking up the beach but up ahead I see the coloseum, I start to walk towards it but the dream fades out and that's all I remember. Usually I don't remember dreams much, but for some reason I always remember those ones, maybe cause they were so unusual.
And the other reacurring type dreams are always about someone turning into a vampyre in the back of my car as me and my family are rushing somewhere, the vampyre has been my Sister, my 5th form school teacher and Rachel Hunter, I have no idea what those ones are about.

Reaccuring dreams usually mean something has been bothering you that you need to get sorted out. Our dreams are our thoughts passed on into our subconscience, therefore everything in the dream means something to the dreamer or represents something.

For example: a little girl writes down her dream. "Mommy and I are on a beach. It's hot. The sand burns my feet. The ocean is calm, real pretty. Mommy and I are going to go swimming. But I look back and see an alligator chasing us. It's coming so fast and I'm scared, I'm screaming, I don't want to be eaten up. We run and run, but the alligator comes faster and faster. Then the lifeguard kills it."
The girl's mother had been divorced for a year or so from the girl's father, who was much older. The little girl saw her dad often and appeared to have adjusticed to the divorce.
The ocean represents her emotions. The fact that it's calm indicates there's no upheavels inside her right now.
The beach represents the shore of their world. The girl feels comfortable in this world until she looks back, which indicates the past. She felt threatened by the move and the separation and divorce.
The alligator is the threat. It chases the girl and her mom along the "shore of their new life" but it doesn't get them.
The lifeguard "guards" the girl by killing the threat. The girl doesn't confront the alligator herself, bu an adult male does it for her.
In the waking world, the mom can feel this indicated the girl's sense of security about the role her father now plays in her life. She also realizes she needs to nuture the girl's self-reliance, so that she doesn't have to rely on an adult to fix her problems. The dream will continue until the problem is solved.

Maybe you should figure out what your dream means to you. Personnaly, when I dream of a forest it means that I'm not being myself or it kind of represents the place I'm most at home with. Good luck with your dream-solving problems!
A few days ago I dreamt my boyfriend was helping me with my newspaper route. We were on the second last stop and got out of the car when he swallowed a fly and threw up. You know how you get quite nauseous when you see someone throw up, so I started too.

I woke up and laughed. Dad had told me he had swallowing a fly and almost threw up (a quite funny story), and I am quite sick and tired of delivering those newspapers, I am just waiting for someone to replace me, but I am not THAT sick and tired. Ha Ha Ha Smilie
When i fly in my dreams i would feel weightless pretty weird.

When i was little another often dream of mine was i was peeing and the toilet was there too. When i woke up i would have wet the bed. Very Big Grin Smilie
I also feel the same when I fly in my dreams. Has anyone had the dream where someone close to them died, and they wake up still thinking that they did, untill about an hour later in the day? That is scary stuff.

Has anyone read or studied much Carlos Castaneda? He's a spanish philosipher that talks about the so called "art" of dreaming. It's about controlling of the dreams, and once one is able to be aware he/she is dreaming, they are able to do whatever they want to in their dream, and make any impossibilities and irrational ideas come to reality. He says that one way to help gain this power over your subconcious is to try to look at your hands when you are dreaming. If you look at your hands and tell yourself, these are my hands - as something that you know is real, you will be able to make decisions in your dream like you would in the "real" world, except the possibilities are limitless. I've been trying this lately, but eveytime i look at my hands, i either wake up or somethign goes wrong or something, but Castaneda also says that this concentration can take several months for some people to master. Pretty cool huh?
Yes, but what happens of you look down and you don't have any hands? Or your hands are clawed and covered with warts?

As for me I don't dream much (or I don't remember my dreams) but I never have nightmares. But I do dream in color, does everyone else?
For some time I have been back to disturbing dreams which seem so real that I have to get up and check everything is OK in the house...... I fall asleep and then wake up about an hour later from a disturbing dream and then I don't want to go back to sleep. The weird dreams are OK and I like flying and going places...... it is the very real dreams that take place in my house that scare me. That and *thinking* I have woken up when I haven't..... (shiver)
Quote:
That and *thinking* I have woken up when I haven't..... (shiver)

I had that feeling too a few times, Vee; it's creepy! I even dreamed some strange things which actually took place, sometime later...
I have one or two nightmares every night for some years now... Not all of them are really scary, but some keep me awake for about an hour or two! The pleasent dreams are rarely coming, so I've got used to day-dream instead! hehe
I had a recurrent dream when I was a child, as far as it was described identical to one Tolkien had. That is a dream of a great wave engulfing everything. It was brief, no story, just a moment of perception, but frequently recurrent. He gives that dream to Faramir, too.

The funny thing about dreams is that some simple things or meaningless things can just radiate horror and fill you with fear. The immense wave, however, that I saw from our garden, rolling slowly towards us, was thrilling and awesome but not frightening though it was clearly about to destroy us all. I've often wondered what Tolkien's emotional reaction to his dream was.
Has anybody seen the movie "Waking Life" directed by Richard Linklater? It is a very good movie on dreams and how the real world is connected with the dream world. Very interesting. PLus the cinematography and animation is amazing.
Last night I had a dream...

I was this weird mutant, but I was acting normal until I discovered there was a conspiracy against me to kill me or lock me up...then I just snapped and I started rampaging, and I found other mutants like me and they discovered they were gonna get locked up too. So we banded together and decided we were gonna take over the world that didn't want us. We were doing well and almost completed our mission. But then we discovered that we were all alergic to cats and were gonna die from them...(kinda like War of the Worlds) So we all started killing cats. I took a bowling pin and started hitting my cat, Cooper, on the head...over and over. But it just kept looking up at me with its innocent face purring. I didn't know why I couldn't kill it. I had just crushed a guys head in with the bowling pin, because I had super mutant strength powers. I kept beating it and then...

I woke up in a cold sweat.

I really felt guilty. I could hardely look at my cat after that...Killing that guy bothered me too. I am strange. I know. But it was so vivid in that dream. Another strange detail...It was at my house but half of my house was like blown up and gone or something like post apocolyptic maybe.

Any other strange dreams.
Wow, that's scary,or at least I wouldn't want to experienced it.

My dreams are kinda freaky too, for a few months now I've had nightmares where I'm continually running from something that wants to kill me. I've died in others but this one just keeps going, everytime I'm escaping death by slimmer and slimmer chances. It's all dark and shadowy, I can't see anything, but I hear breathing and footsteps behind me, and I've had to kill people to get away from it, I hate the feeling of doing it because it feels so real! And it's not like I'm afriad of that stuff, I love the dark, and creepy things like that from books or stories I hear.

I don't know, it's just weird.
Do you even know what you're running from?
Nope.
strange....

When I was younger I always used to have the same reoccuring dream...

I was in the meadow but then hydrolic machinering and iron pistions would appear, and a ceiling became evident. Then the ceiling and the floor would begin compressing. Slowly they came closer and closer. Then they would crush me. I started then to fall almost as if off a cliff or off the 2D world. And I would keep falling with iron pipes on all sides...

It was a strange and vague dream. But I had it so many times. It was very hard to describe.
Okay everyone. Brace yourself for this dream - it is so scary!!!
Well, in the beginning of my dream, I was walking up 5th street with my kitten towards my high school. All of a sudden, a white car pulled up along side the sidewalk, and a short lady (whose face I never saw) grabbed me and threw me into the back seat of her car. I tried to get out of the car, but there was no handle on the inside of the door. So, the lady drove really fast up the street and turned into the drive of the high school. But, to my suprise, the school on the hill was gone, and in place there was a huge white mansion surrounded by an old grave yard. The house's paint was all peeling off and the shudders were hanging from their hinges.
The woman drove the car up to the house and parked in front of the door. Then, she opened up the back door of the car and pulled me out. I stuggled, but with no luck of escaping - she was very strong for being an out-of-shape woman of middle age. She dragged me up on the porch, opened
the door and drug me inside. Then she dropped me on the floor and looked down at me. "There's a room for you upstairs. Go there now." she said in a stern voice. She followed me upstairs and into the room at the top. The only things in the room was a dresser against one wall and a blanket bunched up in one corner. I new I had no chance of escaping just yet, so I went into the room and turned to the woman, only looking at her feet. She looked at me for a moment, then slammed the door and locked it.
I ran over to the corner and huddle there with my kitty, wondering what horrible things might happen to me. There, I cried for hours, and I couldn't think of any way of escape. As I looked around the room, I notice the white wallpaper torn as if scraped with fingernails, and the ceiling bearing long cracks and splinters. I was so scared, I just wanted to fall asleep and wake up somewere else. So I fell asleep.
But when I woke up, I was awaken by a loud knocking on the door. I was in the same room, alone. The womans voice then said to me kindly, "I have some breakfast for you." and a plate with a slice of meat on it slide under the door. "Thanks," I seemed to squeak. That was all I had ate on that day. And even then I had to share with my kitten...
I sat in that room for a few more days, recieving larger meals every morning. Then finally, when I was woke one morning, the woman said, "Come on out sweetheart. I trust you now."
Trust me? I thought, I haven't even spoken to her. This lady was extremely odd. She led me downstairs to her kitchen, where she made me eggs and toast. While I ate, very slowly, she told me about how she was very religious and had a very hard childhood. She seemed to go on and on. After she was finished, I thought for a while. I had devised a plan during her speech. But I knew I had to make it convincing. "May I please go take a shower? It's Sunday, and I must go to Sunday School." She looked at me with a sharp face. "When?" I made up a time. "11 o'clock. At the United Methodist Church and Water Street." I also made up a church.
She seemed to believe me, "The bathroom is upstairs. The room on the right on the top of the stairs is where you'll find the towels. They're in the pantry on the left."
So, I went quickly up the stairs and went into the room on the right. As I entered it, I noticed that all of the walls were white and cracked, as all the other rooms in the house. I turned to the left where the pantry should be and found a door with a black handle and black paint smeered on the door. I squinted my eyes and saw that on the door was written, "Here lies a maze of basketballs and toys, here lies the bodies of little girls and boys."
I was so scared that I shook all over. I turned to run out of the room, but the door slammed to shut me in. I heard the entire house creaking, as though it would close in one me. I pulled on the door, and to my suprise, it opened with only a few sharp jerks. I fled from the room down the stairs to the front door. The woman was standing in the kitchen still, as though she didn't notice anything. "I have to go now, or I'll be late." I panted. I grabbed my kittne at my feet. Then, I reached for the black doornob and....

I woke up.

Isn't that the scariest dream you've ever heard of? I was afraid to go to school the next morning! I actually used that story in my English class last year, when we had to write and original composition. Creepy, huh?
I had a dream last week in which I had seven bodies hidden in my cellar in wooden crates. All through this dream I had an overpowering sense of guilt that I had done something wrong and I was going to get caught. I hadn't murdered anyone in the dream, I just had the bodies.

The worse part was later in the night when I had a flashback to the dream. I was showing someone around the house and we ended up in the cellar. There was this stinking sticky goo soaking into the earth floor and I suddenly realised it was decomposing flesh leaking from the crates that I had totally forgotten about. It just seemed so real. I think if I ever do kill anyone I'll nip straight around the poilice station and confess my sins. I don't think I could live from day to day knowing I'd stashed a body somewhere.

Funny enough, I woke up later that night and heard my wife muttering that she was going to stuff a pillow over my head and suffercate me if I didn't stop snoring.

Quote:
Funny enough, I woke up later that night and heard my wife muttering that she was going to stuff a pillow over my head and suffercate me if I didn't stop snoring.

How many bodies does she have stashed in the cellar?

*is creeped out by Val's question*
Why do all the happily married couples like to act like they're mad at each other when they're not and why do all the unhappily married couples like to pretend they're in the seventh heaven of delight?

I had a dream last night which was bizarre but pleasurable. I was chased by clovers. That was it. It was scary, because I thought i was gonna die (dunno why, i mean, clovers? Question Smilie ?), but I loved the dream. Finally a dream with clovers in it!!!! Big Smile Smilie
I posted this the other day in the guild of madness

Posted Saturday 1st October 2005 (11:28pm)

Last night my dream went like this (and this is the short version!!!)

The king of Egypt wanted to use my blood to keep his people going (they were all zombies), he kept me in a state of near death for 2 days. Then some of his helpers decided to help me escape. Unfortunatly the king's concubine decided to bite me coz she was hungry (she was in rat form at the time). I stamped on her and killed her and after a bit of ducking and diving - escaped.

A few hundred years later I was still alive and living far away and the king found out and coz he was upset at the death of his concubine, he did everyone he could to find me, he did and I knew he did. The last thing I remember before waking up was looking through a window coz I knew the king was outside.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD...... Super Scared Smilie

Now what did I eat before I went to bed hmmmm
Last night I went to bed rather early which is quite unusual for me. My dream was neither long nor short but it was extremely strange.
I was in my grandparents' country house however there was not a soul, the furniture was shabby and dusty. So I went upstairs (have no idea why) and got into the room (that in reality doesn't exist) where in the middle I saw an old even antique rocking-chair. So I sat down (stupid girl Shaking Head Smilie ) and then suddenly the chair rose into the air and flew into the closed window. I don't know what happened next cause I woke up. But I was so scared when the chair was going to the closed window, to the pane, it was awful! Can this dream be explained or not?! All in all it was just a dream...
"Stars shining bright above you, night breezes seem to whisper I Love You, birds singing in the sycamore tree, Dream a little Dream of me..." Fast Asleep Smilie
There was this other time I dreamt that I was using huge pieces of papers as Aladdin's magic carpet and I was flying all over the place when my cousins used scissors to cut up my paper and I fell from the sky...
ooo i had a wierd one. i was in the middle of a field with a steeple behind me and black horses were running around and around and their hoofbeats were incedibly loud.
i had such a horrible dream, its the classic one your parents are trying to kill you.

there were about 50 copies of my mum chasing me with red eyes

i couldnt make eye contact with her i was too scared!!!
I'm a natural-born American, but I had a dream where my dad made me speak with a British, or English accent. When I woke up, I had that accent for an hour...then it just, went away...
Quote:
Okay everyone. Brace yourself for this dream - it is so scary!!!
Well, in the beginning of my dream, I was walking up 5th street with my kitten towards my high school. All of a sudden, a white car pulled up along side the sidewalk, and a short lady (whose face I never saw) grabbed me and threw me into the back seat of her car. I tried to get out of the car, but there was no handle on the inside of the door. So, the lady drove really fast up the street and turned into the drive of the high school. But, to my suprise, the school on the hill was gone, and in place there was a huge white mansion surrounded by an old grave yard. The house's paint was all peeling off and the shudders were hanging from their hinges.
The woman drove the car up to the house and parked in front of the door. Then, she opened up the back door of the car and pulled me out. I stuggled, but with no luck of escaping - she was very strong for being an out-of-shape woman of middle age. She dragged me up on the porch, opened
the door and drug me inside. Then she dropped me on the floor and looked down at me. "There's a room for you upstairs. Go there now." she said in a stern voice. She followed me upstairs and into the room at the top. The only things in the room was a dresser against one wall and a blanket bunched up in one corner. I new I had no chance of escaping just yet, so I went into the room and turned to the woman, only looking at her feet. She looked at me for a moment, then slammed the door and locked it.
I ran over to the corner and huddle there with my kitty, wondering what horrible things might happen to me. There, I cried for hours, and I couldn't think of any way of escape. As I looked around the room, I notice the white wallpaper torn as if scraped with fingernails, and the ceiling bearing long cracks and splinters. I was so scared, I just wanted to fall asleep and wake up somewere else. So I fell asleep.
But when I woke up, I was awaken by a loud knocking on the door. I was in the same room, alone. The womans voice then said to me kindly, "I have some breakfast for you." and a plate with a slice of meat on it slide under the door. "Thanks," I seemed to squeak. That was all I had ate on that day. And even then I had to share with my kitten...
I sat in that room for a few more days, recieving larger meals every morning. Then finally, when I was woke one morning, the woman said, "Come on out sweetheart. I trust you now."
Trust me? I thought, I haven't even spoken to her. This lady was extremely odd. She led me downstairs to her kitchen, where she made me eggs and toast. While I ate, very slowly, she told me about how she was very religious and had a very hard childhood. She seemed to go on and on. After she was finished, I thought for a while. I had devised a plan during her speech. But I knew I had to make it convincing. "May I please go take a shower? It's Sunday, and I must go to Sunday School." She looked at me with a sharp face. "When?" I made up a time. "11 o'clock. At the United Methodist Church and Water Street." I also made up a church.
She seemed to believe me, "The bathroom is upstairs. The room on the right on the top of the stairs is where you'll find the towels. They're in the pantry on the left."
So, I went quickly up the stairs and went into the room on the right. As I entered it, I noticed that all of the walls were white and cracked, as all the other rooms in the house. I turned to the left where the pantry should be and found a door with a black handle and black paint smeered on the door. I squinted my eyes and saw that on the door was written, "Here lies a maze of basketballs and toys, here lies the bodies of little girls and boys."
I was so scared that I shook all over. I turned to run out of the room, but the door slammed to shut me in. I heard the entire house creaking, as though it would close in one me. I pulled on the door, and to my suprise, it opened with only a few sharp jerks. I fled from the room down the stairs to the front door. The woman was standing in the kitchen still, as though she didn't notice anything. "I have to go now, or I'll be late." I panted. I grabbed my kittne at my feet. Then, I reached for the black doornob and....

I woke up.

Isn't that the scariest dream you've ever heard of? I was afraid to go to school the next morning! I actually used that story in my English class last year, when we had to write and original composition. Creepy, huh?

This is from my old account... lol.
I remember seeing a weird dream after i first saw the movies.

I was standing at the top of minas tirith and watching the batlle of pelennor. But suddenly i was not there anymore. I was following frodo in the lair of the giant spider. And then i lay beside sam at the cracks of doom. Suddenly i was bowing beside aragorn the king atp minas tirith again and then i woke up.

I guess the third movie had a effect on me.
When I was very tiny, about three I was with my father in the car and we stopped at the top of a terribly steep hill. He told me to wait saying he was just running into a store to grab his drycleaing or something. He didn't park the car properly and suddenly it started to move though thankfully just as he approached the car. He jumped in and everything was alright. So after that I had this exact same night mare for about twenty years- I would be in the car and it would start and I would be paralyzed with fear not remembering which was the gas peddle and which was the brake. Of course for years I REALLY DIDN'T! And then I became pregnant with my second child. My first was about two and we were sitting on the front seat of someone's car waiting for him to retrieve something from a friend before we were dropped off home. We were parked on an incline and about a hundred yards further down there was a huge and very deep hole and those orange cones around it. I think the workers had been dealing with a water problem or something but now it was after hours. My toddler suddenly reached past me and pulled the car out of park and we started rolling toward the hole. I could not get him to let go of me so I could put my foot on the brake and put the car back into park. We rolled faster and faster and only about ten feet before we would have plunged into the hole I got him away from me and stopped the car.
I shook like a leaf and he was shrieking. Never had that dream again.
Sheryl have you thought about writing down what you would have liked to do and have happen in the dream concerning your brother and then consider it done. That might help a lot.
Quote:
He jumped in and everything was alright. So after that I had this exact same night mare for about twenty years- I would be in the car and it would start and I would be paralyzed with fear not remembering which was the gas peddle and which was the brake.

You only need the hand brake.
Quote:
You only need the hand brake.
Ah, but being only three she couldn't have reached that either. Wiggle Smilie
I had a dream where I'm with these two strange people in white suits on this icey place when suddenly this lion comes out of nowhere and crashes right next to us. The white suit people disspear and I found myself running alone along the ice away from the lion. I go up this cliff, dunno how and I look down, and the lion is still chasing so I continue running. Then somehow I'm in a library and trying to hide among the shelves. then the lion manages to get to me, then thats one of the rare moments I had, I realize its a dream, and I look straight at the lion, it opens its jaws, I wake up. It was a long time ago, but the reason I remember this dream is because it was one of those dreams when I realise inside the dream that it actually Is a dream.
Vir, I know that. But the point is I was traumatized from the experience and even in my dreams I was unable to do t he right thing and it nearly came true because while I struggled with my son on the front seat I was in sheer horror that the dream seemed to be coming to pass. I was quite witless for several seconds. You are THE most practical person. You are to me as funny as a combination of Jack Benny and Mr. Spock from Star Trek. truly adorable. then handbrake. sheesh.

And your dream about the lion and knowing you are in a dream is totally fascinating. I have had those moments when I knew but I was not all that successful changing the situation in most cases.
  << [1] [2]