Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: to Sam

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > to Sam   
Ditto what Gnampie said Sam.

Most people go through what you described, but you should not let it put you off meeting new friends. Personally, as I got older, I learned to handle such situations by treating each day as it comes, and appreciating each day those good things that I have. I no longer take for granted anything I have, nor expect it to last forever (in fact I expect them all to come to an end at some time or another).

It's hard to take this kind of attitude, particularly when you are younger, and more vulnerable to loss, but by treating good things on a day to day basis certainly lessens pain when it does occur.

Write to your friend, and remember she is doing what is best for her. Try to be happy for her.

And don't forget you have many friends here too, for when you are feeling down. Waving Hello Smilie
I am crying right now. (No, that's a good thing). I am so touched that you guys thought of me. It breaks my heart (in a good way). I am so lucky to have PT, it never ceases to amaze me.
Thank you for your kind words. You are absolutly right, I am begining to see that now. I will write to her. It is good that I have her adress. And I am happy for her. Not many people have the opprotunity she has right now, not the she doesn't deserve it all the way.
I don't know what else to say. It still feels strange but I can feel myself getting better very slowly and I can tell you that your words, Gnampie and Val, I am keeping in mind. (Sorry this probably does not make sense, but what I mean is that you are helping me). Thank you for thinking of me. Tonight I was especially distressed because I went to a town gathering (everyone goes to town gatherings in my town) and she was not there and I was just sick. When I came home and went on PT, and saw this thread, I can tell you that my 'sickness' left right away. Thank you for thinking of me (and sorry that this is so confusing). You're right Val, I do have friends at PT, and I can tell you that I have never been more grateful for that than now. Smile Smilie
You're welcome, Sam. Smile Smilie

This is a good place to come when you're feeling down. There will always be someone here to cheer you up.
That's what friends are for, right.
I am HAPPY because I just got a letter from
Liv...hehehe...sorry...just thought I'd share that. Big Smile Smilie
(as in: thank you for your help, you were right) Big Laugh Smilie