Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Are you obsessed?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > Are you obsessed?   [1] [2] >>
This is so funny! Big Laugh Smilie
I am not the least bit "obsessed".So what I have 4 PT sites open at the same timeAnd if I hope that the ring im proposed with looks like the one ring. Animated Wink Smilie
I am glad some one put up this post! Smoke Smilie
~~~LadyFeawen~~~
Elfstone:
I do believe you show all the classic signs of obsession. Super Scared Smilie
I think there was a similar thread started last year about this, but I can't find it at the moment. If I find it before there are a lot of posts in here, I will move it. Otherwise, this thread shall remain here. I look forward to hearing some other signs of Tolkien Obsessive Compulsive Behaviour from our esteemed membership. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
T'other thread was in the writer's guild, it stemmed off of a "you know you're a writer when..." kind of thing.
Quote:
This is so funny! Big Laugh Smilie
I am not the least bit "obsessed".So what I have 4 PT sites open at the same time

Yes multi-tasking, absolutely critical in this age of information we live in! Good one LadyFeawen! Ha Ha Ha Smilie

Okay, here's another one, you know your obsessed when you stop using the saying I promise, and instead you now only say I swear on the Precious!
Elf Winking Smilie
When you consider yourself bilingual, after all, you DO speak Elvish. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Good ones Andrea, and Anilorak! Big Laugh Smilie

You know your obsessed when you secretly wish that the Beatles tune "Strawberry fields" was really called "Pelennor fields forever".
Orc Grinning Smilie
You know you're obsessed when you go into a tobacconist and ask for some of the Southfarthing's finest. Tongue Smilie
You know you're obsessed when you you give your son Gandalf as his middle name.
Sure is.... When he first saw the film, he was really pleased that the old man had the same name as him.
Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you you give your son Gandalf as his middle name.

I didn't have to ask if you were joking, I knew that was for real, but that does indeed take the cake!
Tongue Smilie

If my wife and I ever have a daughter, I would like to name her Silmarilla, but I think my wife would kill me first! Dead Smilie

BTW, just on my wife's behalf, the only reason my Tolkien rambling's are over her head is because she hasn't read all the stuff I have. That statement was just obviously intended to be a joke (at least she thought it was funny). She's probably actually smarter than I am, and she definitely reads more than I do.
Angel Smilie
You know when your obsessed when you cry at the part when Gandalf dies. Even though you've seen the movie a hundred times. Even though you've memorized the book. Even though you know he's not even actually dead.

When you read the book out loud to yourself just so you can do the voices. ("It's my preciousss, we wants it!)
u know you're obsessed when u start speaking entish to the trees out side your house in hopes they'll talk back
Hm...according to this post....im obsessed. boo-hoo.

You know your obsessed when you see those ELFudge cookies and on the back it says, "Do you believe in Elves?" and you go: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know your obsessed when you look in the mirror, twist your ears to make them pointed and say: Look at me, Im an elf!
u know ur obsessed when u spend hours wandering around the grocery store looking for Lembas bread
So they dont have Lembas bread? Very Sad Smilie SHoot! all those hours wasted! Big Laugh Smilie
I know I am obsessed caz I look for a brooch that looks like the ones the Hobbits wear;yuh know the leaf one.
~~LadyFeawen~~
You know you are obsessed when you add anything to this thread.
Quote:
I know I am obsessed caz I look for a brooch that looks like the ones the Hobbits wear;yuh know the leaf one.
~~LadyFeawen~~
http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN9229&capostThreadID=17

You know you are obsessed when you spend four or five hours per day on Planet-Tolkien.com just for the love of Tolkien's work.

[Edited on 8/6/2003 by Grondmaster]
Quote:
You know you are obsessed when you spend four or five hours per day on Planet-Tolkien.com just for the love of Tolkien's work.

Lol, so my mom was right! I'm addicted to this site.
You know your obsessed when your family knows what your saying when you speak elvish to them. Big Laugh Smilie
You know you are obsessed when the only section of a book store you look in has Tolkien related material.

You know you are obsessed when you spend hours downloading maps and cutting the edges off and taping them together, just to hang on the wall so you can, look at the maps when you are reading the books.

You know you are obsessed when your husband that told you to read the books in the first place, won't even talk about Tolkien with you anymore, and walks out of the room when you do talk about Tolkien.

You know you are obsessed when you referr to yourself by your screen name when you are talking to your friends in real life. I called my friend Stacie and left her a postBody on her machine that said "Hey Stacie, it is just Mellie. Call me back." And she knew it was me.

You know you are obsessed when you talk about your PT friends to your real life friends like they should know each other.

Ok, I guess that is all I can come up with, at the moment.
u k w y o when u buy beer in a 3ltr jug and walk around the pub on your knees.
Wow! It looks like my tiny little snowball is turning into an avalanche! I'm so pleased to see that others are having fun with this, and that I'm not the only one with obsessive-compulsive Tolkien disorder.
Disturbed Smilie

Quote:
You know you are obsessed when your husband that told you to read the books in the first place, won't even talk about Tolkien with you anymore, and walks out of the room when you do talk about Tolkien.

Yup, I kinda know what that's like. Although my dear wife does try so very hard to put up with my Tolkien rants.

Quote:

Tehe (laughing), I actually got in a little trouble for that this weekend, because I spent like 12 hours between Sat., and Sunday bouncing back and forth between PT, and CoE.

You know youíre obsessed when you love reading everyone else's responses to this thread, and they help to make your day!
Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie

You know you're obsessed when your family avoid talking to you at all costs for fear that Tolkien might arise in the conversation.

You know you're obsessed when the back of your GCSE maths exam paper is covered in Tengwar, and you're not quite sure how it got there.

You know you're obsessed when you're on PT for at least 3 hours every day.
You know youīre obsessed when you rather read Tolkien than do anything else.....

you know you are obsessed when you have pictures, paintings of Tolkien worth 2GBTongue Smilie

You know you are obsessed when you think about crafting a ring of power!

You know you are obsessed when you tell your mother that there should be a job for Tolkien experts in newpapers so you can do that!

You know you are obsessed when you try to speak with the trees Big Laugh Smilie and go into the woods trying to find EntsTongue Smilie

hehehehehe
Cool thread! I'll give it a try!

You know you're obsessed when you curse someone out in Elvish.
You know you are obsessed when you understand the Elvish words with which you were cursed. Jumping Flame Smilie
You know that you are obsessed if you correct the faults in grammar of the curses that were tossed at youTongue Smilie
Jumping Flame Smilie
You know your obsessed when you dont think the things that people say in this forum are a bit of obsessive.
good one LadyFeawen Big Smile Smilie

u know that u'r obsessed when u look at the tolkien's map trying to find the street where u'r friend lives

u know that u'r obsessed when u say mirkwood instead of mirwood Elf Smilie
u know when ur obsessed when spend all day asking tall blonde people how far they can shoot
Quote:
Man, if only J.R.R. could see this thread!

Yah, I wonder what he would think.
You know you're obsessed when:

- You see black birds and shout out "CREBAIN FROM DUNLAND!" then hide behind the nearest bush
- You actually wonder why the waitress kicked you out after you asked for a plate of raw and riggling fish
- You actually get confused when people tell you hobbits aren't real
- You want to get 9 pets and name them Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, Sam, Merry, and Pippin
- You depart from your friends by saying "May the hair on your feet never grow less!"
- You walk around your house in an Elven cape and claim it will shield you from angry eyes
- You insult people by calling them "Orc," "Gollum," or "Spawn of Sauron"
- You run to the door when you're late for school calling "Let us make haste!"
- You spread hair regrowing cream on your feet to see if that'll make you look more "hobbitish"
- You call yourself "precious" and refer to yourself as "we" when people aren't listening
- You see a tall man wearing all black and you run the other way screaming "Help the Ringwraith is after me!"
- You spontaniously jump on your kitchen table and start to sing "Hey! Ho! there's a song I know..."
- You build a boat to sail over the pool in your backyard and shout "My time on middle-earth is ended! I will depart for the Grey Havens!"
- You answer Frodo/Legolas/Aragorn to all the questions you can't remember on a history test
- You ask your French teacher if you'll get extra credit if you answer the question in Elvish
- You'll spontaniously start cracking up over thinking about how funny it is that Frodo falls down on average ever 10 minutes in the fellowship of the Ring
- You know stupid facts like that Frodo falls down on average every 10 minutes in the fellowship of the Ring
- You eat slices and slices of Wonder bread claiming it's Lembas
Quote:
You know you are obsessed when you talk about your PT friends to your real life friends like they should know each other.

Right on Mellie! Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie

You know your obsessed when you let loose with a string of Elvish profanity every time you squash a spider.

I found a funny comic about this: http://www.electricpenguin.com/waitingforfrodo/archives/00000001.html
I had great time reading about your obssesions, Airecristiel. Big Laugh Smilie it was great Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
U know when your obsessed when u go out in your woods thinking that Elves are hiding and watching your every single move....
That reminds me when I was a little kid and I was walking out in the woods with my chicas,and we were acting like we were elves,we even made up elven names for ourselfs Big Laugh Smilie
Those really are some great ones Aire, they really cracked me up, and I really needed to laugh today, thanks!
Big Laugh Smilie

Man, if only J.R.R. could see this thread! Shocked Smilie

Oops, I almost forgot, YKYO when you're bummed that there isn't a bar in your town that's really called The Green Dragon!
Alcoholic Smilie

[Edited on 20/6/2003 by Elfstone]
LOL Asteroth!
You know you're obsessed when you go searching through magazines just to look for pictures of Legolas and Aragorn.
Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you want someone to be alive just to see a forum

That's far from the only reason I would want J.R.R.T. to be alive (obviously), but I think he would be amazed to see how big his creation has become, and the lengths that people go to in discussing M.E., and how passionate and obsessive about his creations a lot of us are.
Super Wow Smilie
As a dult with a peirced tongue once said (in Rat Race ) "Mowmiys pawbly watchig us fram heven right naw. What wuld SHE dow?"
And ....i-forgot-his-name was right. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien probably is watching and beaming at us beacuse we admire him soooooo much. (so much tht we are obsessed with his books!)
You know you're obsessed when all of your family knows every single actor's name who was in LotR.

You know you're obsessed when you can rattle off hobbit geneologies, and go crazy if you can't remember one

You know you're obsessed when you have no email, all you ever send your friends is Tolkien-related, and the only sites you go to are PT, Tolkienmovies.com, and councilofelrond.com.
You know your obsessed when you sing 'Bilbo's Bath Song',while taking a bath.....
You know you're obsessed when you talk about your "one Ring" as "the precious" or "my precious" and when talking about you, "we" "us" "ours".

Dang.
You know you're obsessed when you make a sand painting with: a Bow and Arrow, A sword, A really big heart(sam), a ring, a horn(boromir), a knife(pippin, galadriels gift),another knife(couldn't think of anything at the time, Merry), an axe, and a gray hat.
Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you go nuts from being away from Tolkien related stuff (PT) on the net for more than a few days!!! Tongue Smilie

I agree! I don't know what I would do without PT now. I think I would have to cast myself into the fires of Mt. Doom!
Jumping Flame Smilie
I second the motion

Your obsessed if you run off into the woods pretending to be Tom Bombadil (I haven't tried that one myself--my brother did!)

You know your obsessed if you can't sing the hobbit bathing song in the morning ( Sing hey for the bath at the close of day... )

You know you're obsessed if your dog responds to 'Dartho!' instead of 'stay'

lol!
You know if your obsessed when you know all the words on the soundtrack to FotR, TTT, and RotK(when it comes out).
You know you're obsessed when you have Tolkien withdrawals, if you don't see or hear something Tolkien related within a 2 hour limit you freak out.
When you've memorized all the words to the soundtrack and movies!
You know you're obsessed when you go looking for (and can't find) the Lembas at the store!
Quote:
You know you`re obsessed when you wish that Disneyworld would make its own ME. I mean, they did Jurassic Park which was like heaven for me, so why not do ME too??

No kidding, Jurassic Park ain't nearly as good as ME.
Though, I do wonder if Tolkien would mind that Look Around Smilie .
You know you're obsessed when you make your own lembas bread

You're obsessed if you've sat through ALL the appendices and commentaries on the EE DVD

You know you're obsessed if your family knows more about LotR than is mentally healthy merely from talking with you
Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you go looking for (and can't find) the Lembas at the store!

LOL, Big Laugh Smilie yeah i do that too.
Big Smile Smilie
  [1] [2] >>