Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Silly Laws

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > Silly Laws   
Oh
hehe
sorry
sick mind, you know
You should see some of the local fisheries laws and regulations that I have to deal with, but I won't go there as I had a run in with a few of them last night. Mad Smilie
Oh I'm sorry Valen,I know how that is,but some times it's important to have regulations that seem un-fair.
in cali it is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale
I canīt tell about any silly laws in that context unless I would go more political so I wonīt......see ya chapsWink Smilie
In the Uk it is a section 5 firearms affence to have a weapon that fire more than 395 fett per second. Yet you can walk about with a loaded crossbow and as long as you are over 17 they can't touch you!
Quote:
Oh I'm sorry Valen,I know how that is,but some times it's important to have regulations that seem un-fair.
I wouldn't mind so much, LadyFeawen, if I was on the receiving end of them, but I'm not. The other night I was having to nick people for fishing 20 minutes before midnight because they had already landed their quota for that day. They had no intention of landing over their quota, but were just fishing that evening's tide (they have a 3 hour window when they have enough water to get on the cockle beds) ready to land their catch the following day. To me, the important thing is that quotas are not exceeded, not whether someone wishes to catch their quota at night or during the day.

What really bugged me though was the effect the "prove beyond reasonable doubt" part of the law had on this. The fishermen that I finished up nicking were the ones that had allowed their catches to weighed earlier in the day. Because they had been weighed, I could prove they were now over fishing that day's quota by starting before midnight. Fishing alongside them were other boats who's crews had avoided being weighed earlier in the day, and whom, although I knew were committing the same crime, and who were doing it to pull a fast one, I could not prove.

To me it just seemed a case of having to pick on the good guys who are helpful to us and watch the less helpful ones get away with it, even though they flaunt the law in our faces.

Fortunately for the good guys I dropped my notepad in the sea while heading back to the motherboat, so I lost my evidence (along with the results of a survey I'd spent most of the day conducting... I must use two notepads in future if I'm going to be so careless.)
Aaw sorry Valen,I shoulda kept my trap shut.
Conneticut? Thats where I live! Boring, but hey, its home.
Laws? Hm...The speed limit? Humph. There shouldn't be one. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
Aaw sorry Valen,I shoulda kept my trap shut.
No problem, LadyF. I was fired up about the event, not with you.

Here's one though...

If you work hard all of your life, buy your own house and save up a bit for your old age, the government will reduce your benefits and make you pay for your own nursing care. If, however, you bum off the state all of your life, they'll give you full benefits and a free bed. Really fair?
Quote:
If you work hard all of your life, buy your own house and save up a bit for your old age, the government will reduce your benefits and make you pay for your own nursing care. If, however, you bum off the state all of your life, they'll give you full benefits and a free bed. Really fair?
Yep, one that really annoys me as well. I think we should go like France, if you are unemployed you have to clean the road sides and tend the gardens that they have on the roung-a-bouts, for at least two days a week or you don't get a penny.
In Los Angeles, California, a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap(and what woman would consent to that?!!).

In St. Louis, it's illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket(what will we do?!).

In Alabama it's illegal to marry your goats (???)
You can marry goats???????????

Would you have like.....little baby goats???

Is anyone getting what I'm saying?????

IM CUNFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!
I think she mean's have your goats marry each-other.
Quote:
In Los Angeles, California, a man is legally entitled to beat his wife with a leather belt or strap, but the belt can't be wider than 2 inches, unless he has his wife's consent to beat her with a wider strap(and what woman would consent to that?!!).

Excellent, as Zeppelin once said "I'm going to California!".
Quote:

In St. Louis, it's illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket(what will we do?!).

Never go to St. Louis, I have no intention of giving up my favourite hobby. Wink Smilie
Lol Plastic! Big Smile Smilie
In Michigan, a woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission
In Nebraska, it is illegal to go whale fishing(if you've ever been to Nebraska you will know why this is such a stupid law).
In Utah, it is illegal for first cousins to marry before they reach 65(what's it matter what age?)
Now here are some silly laws from my home state,Iowa!
In Marshalltown, Iowa, horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.
Those who are "one-armed" piano players must perform for free
It is illegal for a man with a moustache to kiss a woman in public(haha!)
No kiss may last for more than five minutes(that really tops it!).
Quote:
I think she mean's have your goats marry each-other.

I don't know, but the way it was worded I think it meant you can't marry your goats... ugh... but I'm sure they had a reason for it!
Lol. Why would you wanna marry your goats? *shakes head in bewilderment*
Quote:
You can marry goats???????????

Would you have like.....little baby goats???

Is anyone getting what I'm saying?????

IM CUNFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!
We really shouldn't go there but:
Quote:
Mary had a little lamb,
the doctor was surprised.
Quote:
Mary had a little lamb,
the doctor was surprised.
Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie
Quote:
In Utah, it is illegal for first cousins to marry before they reach 65(what's it matter what age?)
A little thing called the menopause. Wink Smilie
Here's a stupid one from my county in MI:
It's illegal to let your grass grow over 2 inches high unless you have special permission from your city fire department and still can't exceed a foot
I need to point this out to my neighbors...