Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: En-ger-land, En-ger-land

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > En-ger-land, En-ger-land   
Oh great yet another thing for the world to hate us Limey's, Pomeys and Merd Tete's for!
Boo down with physical sports we're good at. Every one knows we are supposed to only be good at darts, snooker and bowls.
Hehe,if only I watched Rugby...I don't even know if they play the game in the u.s.a.
My alma mater is no longer #8 as we again lost to cross-state rival Washington this afternoon in the Apple Cup. Now we won't have to lose in the Rose Bowl, New Year's Day. I know we don't play rugby, but it is closer to that game than footie. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Every one knows we are supposed to only be good at darts, snooker and bowls.
Don't forget our world beating cross-stitch team either Ross.
I don't have any winter sports. Orc Sad Smilie I'll have to wait for NASCAR and baseball to start up next year.
Quote:
I don't have any winter sports. Orc Sad Smilie I'll have to wait for NASCAR and baseball to start up next year.

That's a long time to wait,
learn to snowboard!

O and yes, I worship England and all their mighty glory in defeating Austrailia
Now get an Aussie's opinion on this... Wink Smilie
Ok they may have got the Rugby Cup, But how is England in Cricket and Football? I wld like to know! Tongue Smilie These are the only games I follow!
Quote:
Ok they may have got the Rugby Cup, But how is England in Cricket and Football? I wld like to know! Tongue Smilie These are the only games I follow!

Trust me, the rugby cup is all were gonna get. We'll need a mirical if were gonna win the football world cup.
And that means decent players, not just people chose because their famouse. Just causeyour in the papers every week, doesn't make you a good football player.
Actualy watching the rugby was hell for me. I'm part british, part welsh, part scottish and part Newzealandish. I always get stuck on who to support!
Quote:
I'm part british, part welsh, part scottish and part Newzealandish. I always get stuck on who to support!

Maybe knowing ur ancestry will be fun, Halo!

Quote:

Maybe knowing ur ancestry will be fun, Halo!

Yeah, could be nifty. My great Nana used to swear that her family had castles in Scotland. And she wasn't senile or crazy either. She swore the whole thing for her entire life and nobody believed her. Sad Smilie I'd like to see all of the people who didn't believe her proved wrong, I think she would have liked that. Plus the thought that my family once owned castles in scotland could be kinda nifty.
So I'm really hopeing that its true. I'll keep everyone posted. Woo!
That would be cool, Halo! I once visited Sterling Castle near Edinburgh and I thought it was beautiful! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
That would be cool, Halo! I once visited Sterling Castle near Edinburgh and I thought it was beautiful! Big Smile Smilie
I spent an interesting Sunday afternoon there in 1977 as I was heading from Edinburgh to Holy Loch. I couldn't get into the Castle at Edinburgh, for it was off limits due to the upcoming Silver Aniversary of the Queen's Coronation. That was also the one day I spied the Sun while I was in Scotland for a week and this was in July. Elf Winking Smilie
So do u know Halo, wat happened to the castles and how did ur ancestors come to lose ownership?
*sigh* No news yet. My cousen/aunt (I can never remember which) hasn't got very far with traceing the family tree yet. So if my family did own a castle, then she hasn't reached that part of the family yet. She says traceing the family tree will take time, we've asked her if she needs any help, but theres not much we can do other than wait.
I have only been to Scotland once, when I was knee high to a hobbit, but it was beautiful. I was there for two weeks with my mum and stepdad and it was the first time I'd ever been on holiday. The second week we spent in a caravan park on the shores of Loch Ness, I didn't see the monster, but I think I say a puffin and a few seals. The first week we spent in a little cottage. It was cramped, you couldn't get hot water in the bathroom, the rooms smelt of damp and the garden was home to a large clan of leaf cutter bees. If you went out in the garden all the bees would turn to face you and hover there with their little legs dangling. If anyone here has seen a leaf cutter bee, then you know how funny that looks. Also the cottage (there was a little line of cottages, they were called Hamster Cottage, dunno why) was right by the sea. The only thing seperationg us from the beach was a large, scrubby field. I remember we went to the beach one day and all you could see for miles where these poor jelly fish that had been washed up on the shore. Poor Jelly fishys Sad Smilie
It was great though. Mums always said she didn't like that little cottage, but I though it was brilliant. And the thing is, their still renting the cottages out as holiday homes. Yay!