Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: LOST

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > The Green Dragon > LOST   
I know that this question probably just pertains to the American members only here at PT, but I was curious to know if anyone else here has been watching the new ABC series LOST?

I really love the show, and feel that itís the best thing on TV right now, and easily one of the best new shows to come out in a long, long time! Any thoughts?
Elf Smilie
It will start here soon, when it does I'll let you know what I think. Smile Smilie
Just don't spoil anything for me, ok?
Okay Ama, you have my word, no spoilers! Elf Winking Smilie

So take heed gang, if you decide to post in this thread, have consideration for others, and just keep it spoiler free. Weíll save the heavy discussion (and there will be alot) until at least all interested partiesí have had a chance to at least see the entire first season.
Look Around Smilie
LOST? Never heard of it before. But maybe that's because i don't watch TV anyway.
Well I have seen a couple of episodes of LOST and I am not really blown away. A bit predictable. Will this episode end with who-ever-is-in-focus-today learns something about him/herself? Wow, it did! And they cure illnesses and stuff a bit too easy. A magical island indeed...

But it is nice show. I will probably be a bit more enthusiastic when the plot starts to thicken and I have learned more about the people and what may or may not be their agenda. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
A bit predictable. Will this episode end with who-ever-is-in-focus-today learns something about him/herself? Wow, it did! And they cure illnesses and stuff a bit too easy. A magical island indeed...

Eh, it isn't Expedition Robinson is it?
Quote:
Well I have seen a couple of episodes of LOST and I am not really blown away. A bit predictable. Will this episode end with who-ever-is-in-focus-today learns something about him/herself? Wow, it did! And they cure illnesses and stuff a bit too easy. A magical island indeed...

But it is nice show. I will probably be a bit more enthusiastic when the plot starts to thicken and I have learned more about the people and what may or may not be their agenda.

Trust me on this one Ama, the more you move deeper into the first season, it starts to get really, really good, and after maybe with the exception of the first few episodes, the show becomes extremely unpredictable. In fact, so far itís one of the most unpredictable shows Iíve ever seen.

Donít know how many youíve seen yet, but each episode gets deeper and deeper, and you start to learn more about the characters, their backgrounds, the circumstances that led to them being on the flight, and of course, more about the Island!
Super Scared Smilie

Not sure if Iím remembering this correctly at the moment, but I believe that I read somewhere that there is a total of 24 episodes for the first season (comes out on DVD in Sept.). So far, here in America, ABC has shown I believe around 20 of the episodes, been re-runs the last couple of weeks though.

Iíll be interested to hear your opinion once you get a little bit further along in the first season.
Elf Smilie
Is lost the show with the guy who plays merry in it? cos if it is, I don't watch it, because I prefer to watch DVD's, and I don't think it's on in Queensland anymore, anyway.
Quote:
Iíll be interested to hear your opinion once you get a little bit further along in the first season.

Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. Smile Smilie
O my gosh! LOST is one of my favorite shows. i like it because it keeps you on the edge of your seat. it is a little bit predictable but mysterious at the same time. Dominic Monaghuan is HOT! My favorite characters are probably Charlie, Locke, and Jack. Cant wait till the next new episode!!! ithink that the episode with Hurley's back ground has been the most suspenseful and the freakiest.
Quote:
i think that the episode with Hurley's back ground has been the most suspenseful and the freakiest.

Yup, that was a good one! There is a new one on this week in the States, saw the preview yesterday, looks good!
Elf Smilie
*Groan* A polar bear... And I do understand how it got there. Can't say I am wearing out the egde of my seat from this serie, but there are worse things to watch. I'll be waiting more or less patiantly for the Hurley episode.
hey,
I'm watching Lost, too. I'm Austrian, and unfortunately there haven't been more than 7 or 8 episodes yet. I'm quite curious about the proceeding of the story, although it IS predictable at some points. And I don't think I'd be watching it if Dominic Monaghan weren't in there. That guy is brilliant. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie But he's got the most horrible German dubbing voice. Dead Smilie
I wish you all very much fun watching Lost...
Dubbing? You poor thing! I am very happy we don't have that silly stuff here.
oh, I envy anyone who can hear the original voices... I'd love to hear his own voice, it's really beautiful, I think, I like it very much. But they always destroy everything taking the worst dubbing voices. So Angry Smilie
Well LOST finally has reached the UK. I realy like it - have seen 4 episodes so far (the group has just moved into the cave, the other has stayed on the beach).

I really look forward to the next episode - Dominic plays a good character - imagine a good little hobbit on drugs. Mind you they smoke leaf (whatever that was!!!)

The chinese man can speak English as I have just seen Spiderman 2 and he speaks English in that Big Laugh Smilie

I've heard that there are different lines of thought on what is going on, but I like to just watch as see what happens. Wink Smilie

My hubby said that there is law suit ongoing as someone gave this stoyline a few years ago for a new programme and the people in charge didn't like it - is this right?