Thread: Tiger's First job!
Tiger(Who just finished the interview)
P.S Here Is one of their job sites and one of the cool things is that Mcdonald's Will train you for ALL of those jobs on this site
1. Do not believe any promises that you will be a manager unless you know there will be a new store you can relocate to.
2. Do not work OT without fair pay, or less than 40 hrs. while they say you are FT.
3. Do not accept to close up shop at night unless the neighborhood is safe or there is someone big and burley helping you.
4. Do not forget that while they may be able to replace you easily enough, they also can be replaced easily enough.
5. Do not wonder at all the hunger in this country and abroad when you see the food the restaurant wastes.
my first job was a student page in the public library. And now I am manager of one of the libraries. But it took a whole lot more than a year.
Good Luck and enjoy!
As for being nervous - smile inside, it gives you confidence.
Congrats, Tiger! I know you will do a good job.
Be polite to the customers!
1. Don't let the customers push you around. They are paying for their food, not to torture you and make you their servant.
2. The customer is not always right and should not always get whatever they demand and think they should. Story: My dad had a guy come up to the counter and bring back a bite of a Big Mac, all that was left (he at 90% of the burger), and claimed that it didn't taste right and wanted his money back. My dad simply smiled at him and told him that because he ate more than half of it he would not get his money back but get a coupon for a free Big Mac the next time he came in. The customer was mad, but my dad's supervisor was very happy with my dad.
3. Just be polite no matter what you say. As long as you smile and look confident things will go smoother.
4. Just have fun and try not to get too stressed over the little things. That will just make your job 10x harder.
Manager in a year, eh? That's great. I am halfway through my training for an Assistant Manager position right now. And my DM called m today asking if I would be willing to relocate for a Manager's position.
It's all about first impressions, and your work ethic.
For my bit of advise, always do your best and go the extra mile when you need to.