* throw him in the ckracks of doom
* Drop him of the ships somewhere in between the grey havens and the west
* ignore him
* Pick him as the man of the year instead of Guilliani
* Give him his sunglasses back
* let some orcs feast on his vital organs
* put him as front guard in the battle before the black gates
* let him Wonder around in fangorn with treecutting equipment
* let it be
Or: what was the best part of the movie
* The fireworks / the farewell party
* the moria sequence
* the scene on the shores of amon sul
* Loth Lorien
* "The End"
* the prologue
* Gandalf vs. Saruman
* the orcs making dungeons etc in Sarumans front garden
* up on the mountain of caradhras
* Arwen racing to the ford of bruinen
[Edited on 29/12/2001 by Boring]
This isn't quite a poll, Taz, but how about 'How the characters in the movie lived up to your expectations on a 1 to 10 scale' . We did something similar for the Dune movies & miniseries on afd - trouble is, there are so many characters to chose from. Our poll list ended up with about 50 characters....Nah...back to the drawing board!
On your ideas for the film Elrond:
Liked the idea of throwing him overboard halfway to Tol Eressea.
Or better yet - let the Book Elrond (the real one) deal with him. But only give the real one a sword.
I like the option of letting some Orcs dance on his vital organs...
Or what about throwing him into the Cracks of doom with a Balrog up his neck?
I've decided to ignore him. (in the film, I mean) Think that's the best option. He's not that important in the movie, anyway...
Let's get an ad section, please! Would make so bigga difference! :P
1. When one is logged into the chat room, if another person joins in, could it ring a bell or something. That way, if we are in another window, we will know there is someone there to talk to...
2. Could we possibly have alisting of cyber speak shorthand? I dont know them all, and would appreciate something we could print out. I only just figured out that brb means be right back. I though people were burping at me.
Which actor's performance least suited your pre-movie image of his/her character?
-same guys as in the previous poll.
If that's too negative, then Which character/s from the movie scared you most?
2) The Nazghul
3) Prancing Pony clientele
4) Bilbo going Gollum-ish
5) Galadriel's 'Evil Queen' scene
6) The Nazghuls' horses
7) Sauron at the Battle of the Last Alliance
9) The Eye of Sauron
10) The Balrog
11) The Cave troll
12) The Watcher in the Water
Dunno, can't think right now. Will think of a better poll tomorrow.
Who/what was Tom Bombadil?
1) Aule in disguise
2) One of Ulmo's vassals
3) Earth spirit
5) Aule's vassal
6) Fire spirit
8) The Witch King in disguise
9) A renegade Maia
11) Farmer Maggot in disguise
Ungy: I sent him the one above, in case he missed it., but he still needs more.
As for the poll, err.....
Guess Legolas Age?
Which scene did you find the most moving in the film?
Which scene did you find the most moving in the book?
(Comparison of stats might be interesting there.)
Most beautiful character (man or woman)?
Character who achieves the most?
Character who achieves the least?
If the Silmarillion were to be made into a film, (and I hear a radiacal rumour to that effect) which actor would make the best:
Feanor? Celebrimbor? Thingol? Tuor? Turin? Young Galadriel? Morgoth? Ungoliant? Huan? Beren? Finrod?
I don't know if any of those suggestions are any good. Sorry, its the best I could do!
Ungoliant: I know, I expected him to reject it when I forwarded it to him;m he must have been desparate. :P
Ungy: I voted for "the witch king in disguise" What else?? :grin
Taz: I have re-read the book recently, and I didn't come across one, no.
Answer today's Trivia question to find out where it is located.
Was that one in LOTR? Surely not!
I often wonder if you've ever read Lord of the Rings you know Tommy...
Tommy...go check out the trivia thread (wherever it is...don't remember just now...General Discussion?)...explaination of Frogmorten and all that a few days ago, I think.
Plastic: I do read LOTR, but I don't seem to have a memory...