Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
HobbitHomie05 has the correct, or rather the one that is the odd man out so she gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Okay here is one to see if anyone has read Smith of Wootton Major:
When the fay-star fell out of Smith's mouth, what did he do with it Question Smilie
What is a Pseudo-Silmaril and how can I use it at PT, or is it just something you use to kinda say you won??
Hey I got an answer for your question. I haven't ever read Smith of Wootton Major but I looked up on Google for a reveiw and found the answer, is that cheating?? Well here is the answer: After the star falls out from his mouth, right into his palm he puts it on his forehead and it remains there, invisible for the most people.
Why did my post make a clone of itself??
HobbitHomie05: You made the double post—which I have now removed—probably because you got impatient waiting your first post to take and clicked again at just the right moment—I have no idea when that is, but it occurs to the best of us. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Also when it happens you may use the delete button in the lower right corner of your extra post and get rid of it with no one being the wiser.

Quote:
What is a Pseudo-Silmaril and how can I use it at PT, or is it just something you use to kinda say you won??
Because we haven't perfected our manufacturing process, winning a Pseudo-Silmaril is more of an honor than anything else, as they tend to sublimate before the recipient can take possession. So all you can do is sort of string their vapors on a mithril thread and have an imaginary necklace. Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie

By the way, you just won another for your correct answer to the question. Cool Elf Smilie Also using Google or the Encyclopedia of Arda is just as valid as looking the answer up in a book. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie However, in the future after answering a question, please try to wait 24 hours after the next question is posted before attempting to answer it. This will give other people in different time zones a chance at it. No big deal, just a courtesy. Happy Elf Smilie

Who called Sauron 'the Black Hand' Question Smilie
I'd say that's Gollum... Now let's see what Grondy says!
I'd say Saurumon, it's been 24 hours hasn't it?
I'd say no one: Gollum referred to the Black Hand having four fingers, but I got the sense that he was saying that Sauron had a black hand with four fingers, not that Sauron was a disembodied floating Hand. Animated Wink Smilie
Bugyfeanor has it and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
'No Master did not ask. Master .... But Master is going to take it to Him, straight to the Black Hand, if Master will go this way. So Sméagol must save them both, and he thinks of another way that there was, once upon a time. Nice master. Sméagol very good, always helps.' - This is found on the fourth page of 'The Black Gate Is Closed', Chapter 3, Book IV, TTT.
The Enclopedia of Arda says:
Quote:
A term used by Gollum to describe Sauron's literal hand, but also used figuratively of his immense power.

How many foes did Gimli sly in the Battle of the Hornburg Question Smilie
That was too easy Grondy!!! Big Smile Smilie Who can forget Legolas and Gimli's little game of who can kill the most!! It's even in the movie Big Smile Smilie
Yes, that was so easy that Peredhil should feel ashamed for answering it. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie It is also the computer's incorrect answer to the question "What do you get if you multiply six by nine." Still Peredhil gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

In Hobbit lore, what sort of creature was Fastitocalon Question Smilie
If I am correct,I remember reading on the internet that a 'Festitocalon' was a Sea Monster that was often mistaken for an Island.
Festitoclaon...please forgive me, Grondy, if I'm totally off the mark but for some bizarre reason known only to my eccentric subconsciousness Very Mad Smilie , I'm associating it with a wolf or dragon. Wait - did I just cheat by giving two answers??? Wary Smilie

Nilgaerien Pixie Smilie
Yes Ladyfea has it and a shiny new Pseudo-Silmaril too. Happy Elf Smilie It is a giant sea turtle expotentially larger than those currently found in the oceans of our Earth.

Some of the lines of Tolkiens poem by the same name can be found HERE.

Who was the brother of Rúmil and Orophin Question Smilie
That would be Haldir I think?? Do I get the shiny??? Huh!! Huh!! Soo shiny............
A pressious for Hobbit Homie! Goody goody!
Sure do HobbitHomie05, one bright shiny precious pretty bauble coming your way. Happy Elf Smilie

Can you describe the White Crown which Gandalf set upon Aragorn's head Question Smilie
From LOTR - The Steward and the King:
Quote:
It was shaped like the helms of the Guards of the Citadel, save that it was loftier, and it was all white, and the wings at either side were wrought of pearl and silver in the likeness of the wings of a sea-bird, for it was the emblem of the kings who came over the Sea; and seven gems of adamant were set in the circlet, and upon its summit was set a single jewel the light of which went up like a flame.
But I think H.R.'s answer should be sufficient.
Peredhil has the correct description and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie Now then who is the H.R. and what was their answer? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

The palantir which looked to the Undying Lands was kept where Question Smilie

Hint: The answer begins with 'E'.
Quote:
Now then who is the H.R. and what was their answer?
H.R. Boulter seems to have deleted his reply.
Quote:
H.R. Boulter seems to have deleted his reply.

Along with about twenty others he made today in this section. I've just spent the past half hour opening threads to find nothing at the end of them.
That particular palantir (the Elendil stone) was kept in the tower Elostirion on Emyn Beraid. Elf Smilie
Correct Rifleman, a pretty bauble for you. Happy Elf Smilie

What was Tom Bombodil carrying when Frodo and Sam found him Question Smilie
Lilies for his lady?
I agree. Remember, he said: "Where are you a-going now, a-puffing like the bellows? Tom's in a hurry now. Don't you squash my lilies!"

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, I just said that off by HEART! Grondie, i'm almost as clever as you. (Grondie laughs at the delusions of lower life forms (just jokes)). Can I get a prize? A fluffy wab, maybe? Or a bottle of beer. I swear they made a mistake on my ID card! I'm not twelve! GIzza a beer!

(Actually, I've never tried beer, but giz us one!)
Vee gets the Pseudo-Silmaril this time. Sorry Loni, only one prize per question so hang in there and keep on trying. Happy Elf Smilie

Where did the hobbits find a barrier with a large board saying "NO ROAD" Question Smilie
Yay! I got one right!!!!!!!! My first!!!!!!

Very Big Grin Smilie
Can answer another one? From memory I think it is when the hobbits go back to the Shire - "The Scouring of the Shire".

Yes Vee, that's the part of the book where it can be found, but in which of the Shire's villages were they approaching, with the intent of staying overnight at the inn located there, when they encountered that "NO ROAD" sign and a parcel of stave wielding Shirriffs Question Smilie
Terrible news, guys! I was just rushing into the house to grab my copy of TLOTR to look up the answer, and I CAN'T FIND IT!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked everywhere!!!!!!! I asked Mum and she said "Good! Now you won't go on about that lunatic Tolkien anymore!" [u]ARRGH!!!! IT''S $175 FOR A REPLACEMENT!!!!!!! AAARRRRGGGHH!!!!!!

Sorry for the interruption. Do go on.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!1
Aaargh! I am trying to think of the answer without resorting to the book..............

I know the scene...... I can't for the life of me remember the Inn although I know it is none of those listed in the forums. As for the village - it is something to do with Frogs.. Frogsomething.

Somebody help!
Is it possible that you are looking for Frogmorton, Vee? Animated Wink Smilie
Yes!

Now what is the name of the inn?

Oh, you know, something about a buoyant segment of the trunk of a tree... Animated Wink Smilie
Well you tried really hard Vee, maybe Tommie will share the pretty bauble with you. Happy Elf Smilie

What did Melkor seek in the Void Question Smilie
Of course I'll share it: 50/50. Wink Smilie
Thanks Tommie. What a team.

I know the answer to this one - almost. But I'll keep quiet in case someone else wants a go.

The Imperishable Flame?
What did Melkor seek in the Void?

Flame Imperishable
LadyFeawen (the Bunny Lady) has the answer and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who was the first King of the Dúnedain Question Smilie
Quote:
LadyFeawen (the Bunny Lady)

*blushes* Everyone keeps calling me that and saying I have a avatar with a bunny on it -- But I don`t. Sad Smilie I still have the avatar with the girl on it,with the red dress. Grondy,do you know what's wrong with my avatar?
Oh,and I forgot to post my guess...I'll say Elros. Smile Smilie
LadyFeawen gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

For some reason or other, when she uploaded her bunny gif, it showed up here, but she couldn't see it, so she subsequently uploaded her red dress gif, which now she can see, but we still see the cute bunny wabbit. Technology, isn't it wonderful!

What gift did Boromir receive from the Lady Galadriel Question Smilie
A belt? I can't quite remember.
Did he receive... a lamp? Or lantern of some sort?
A belt with a gold clasp.
And it looked like leaves. (I'm just guessing what the question was, I've only read this page, but isn't it what Boromir got from Galadriel?) AAARGH!! Everyone beats me to these! I have all the answers in my head, or in my book, but I never get the pseudo-Silmaril bauble becuase someone else answers first!
I'll go with Daisy's answer and thank those with the more detailed descriptions, but Daisy was first, so she gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

How many toes did Treebeard have on each foot Question Smilie
Toes? Are you sure on that one?
Seven.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>