Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
Probably Etharion, but you still get the pretty bauble for your correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

What color was the knob in the center of Bilbo's round green door Question Smilie
yellow.
Yup, Eva gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the main problem with adventures as seen through the eyes of Bilbo Baggins upon Gandalf's offer of one Question Smilie
To put it another way: How did Bilbo feel about adventures before he had met Thorin and Company?
He felt more or less inbetween thoughts, for one hand he came from the respectable Baggins, 'never did anything sudden or unexpected' but his mother was a Took, and they were a tad on the wild side and would jump at an adventure. But he felt that an adventure was a silly idea before meeting Thorin and Co. and frowned upon it
That's close enough Loss, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie Bilbo felt that 'adventures made you late for dinner,' which turned out to be an understatement.

How many four verse stanzas were in the Dwarves' song that explained their quest to regain Smaug's hoard?
HINT: It's a number between nine and eleven.
A complete guess, but could it be ten? Wink Smilie

I don't want a Pseudo-Silmaril for that answer, by the way.
Okay Aldaradan, you won't get a pretty bauble either, as they are the same thing. Happy Elf Smilie (I like your avatar, is it a Warcraft figure?)

Sometimes I get flak about repeating questions or making them too easy, so I decided to toss a couple where one would actually have to open the book to find the answer. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Who helped Melkor despoil the Two Trees and steal away the Silmarils Question Smilie
Ah.. that would be the biggest vermin ever, Ungoliat.
Correct Ethy, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Why was Sauron brought to N˙menor Question Smilie
Well then how was Sauron brought to N˙menor Question Smilie
In a yellow submarine.
Sauron surrendered when he saw the might of N˙menor, (wimp) and was brought back a prisoner, soon to become an advisor to the King
No wimp there, he delibaretely chose to be taken captive, so that he could destroy N˙menor from within. It was all part of his wonderfully bloodthirsty grand design.
I had wanted the word 'hostage' in there someplace. Still Loss has the context and Virumor has the reason behind Sauron's machinations, so they may as well share the glory in the light of their Pseudo-Silmaril.

How did Boromir vainly try to summon help before he was killed Question Smilie
By blowin his big'ol horn..
Correct Etharion, the pretty bauble is yours. Happy Elf Smilie

What was an Entmoot Question Smilie
A gathering of the Ents
Too true Eva; the Pseudo-Silmarl is yours. Happy Elf Smilie

Who led the Rohirrim through Druadan Forest Question Smilie
Ghan-buri-Ghan, I think?
Captain Crunch.
Fingolfin has the answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

How did Gimli claim a victory over Legolas in a contest of words Question Smilie
Legolas was unable to quote an excerpt from William Shakespeare's The Tempest, while Gimli succesfully orated the entire Divina Commedia from Dante Alighieri in classical Italian.
No it was in Koine Greek. No pretty bauble for Virumor. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Hint: Legolas was at a loss for words in this event and it happened after the War was over.
Hint: The event in question occurred while viewing the Glittering Caves.
Legolas was at a loss for words upon seeing the Glittering Caves, whereas Gimli was not.
Correct FionwŰ, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who sailed the heavens with a Silmaril on his brow Question Smilie
Eńrendil.
I'm surprised no one else has answered yet.
You have the correct answer FionwŰ. Happy Elf Smilie

Mayhaps our members have become bored with this trivia thread; should we let it go dormant?

What part of the path to Cirith Ungol lay between the 'Straight Stair' and the tunnel to 'Shelob's Lair' Question Smilie
No don't be silly Pixie Smilie I can't imagine this site w/o Trivia Barad-dur, been here even before I joined Elf Winking Smilie

I think it was a crossroads??? That was somewhere near Cirith Ungol
No, they reached the Crossroads before they enter the Morgul Vale. When they left the Morgul Vale they first climbed the 'Straight Stairs' which was very steep and had a few crumbling steps. The answer I'm looking for is the name of the next set of stairs they encountered.
The Winding Stair. Smile Smilie
It's really easy to answer the questions if you're almost the only one. Orc Smiling Smilie
You have the correct answer FionwŰ Urion, and also the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Where was the Rath Celerdain, and what did it mean Question Smilie
In Minas Tirith. It meant "Lampwright's Street".
Yes It wasSmile Smilie Sir Grondy ,you also posted this question 20th June this yearSmile Smilie
Mayhaps I'm in a rut Mellon; though you wouldn't know that if you hadn't used the search function to look for the answer. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Anyway, FionwŰ Urion had the correct answer and now has another pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

By what name were the hobbits known in the Grey-elven tongue Question Smilie
Totally from memory but I think it's "perian"? or at least something that sounds like that?
Close, but it's Periannath, I think
"Perian" is the Gondorian name for Hobbit, while in Minas Tirith, Gandalf called Merry that, while Merry was at deaths door.......
Yes, Aldaradan has it and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie The Grey-elves were the Sindar, so I needed the hobbits Sindarin name.

To whom did Bilbo give the Arkenstone Question Smilie
I believe that he gave it to Bard
I thought that he gave it to Dain, because the dwarves put the Arkenstone on Thorin's breast, and Orcrist in his hands. At least, I think that's what it was, I'm going completely by memory, not having read the Hobbit for five years, having lost it at that time.
Mellon has the correct answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Bilbo gave the Arkenstone to Bard; and after Thorin's death, Bard traded it to Dain for one-fourteenth share of the hoard (Bilbo's share); and Dain laid the Arkenstone on Thorin's body along with the sword Orcrist. Teacher Smilie

Who had seven toes on each foot Question Smilie
Benjamin Franklin.
It has to be the Ents because they were so big Smile Smilieand they had to walk a long distanc (sorry I forgot about the time distance )
Yup, it was the Ents or more specifically, Treebeard. So Mellon gets the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie
(I didn't check the clock on this one,Elf Winking Smilie as we don't have that many active players at the moment, but please try to follow the rule.) Deal Smilie

What was the last battle fought in the Shire Question Smilie

The battle of the Bulge (considering Bree's in Limburg, Belgium, Bastogne should be in the Shire).
What about the clock on Vir's one................ an hour???

Poor Cheating Vir Orc Sad Smilie

Oh yes, remember to put your clocks back tonight, hmmmm, interesting......... that would mean that Vir posted the answer before it was given because of the clocks going back, how on earth did you become that criminal mastermind Vir??? Was it fairy dust or something of your own concoction???
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>