Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
I will guess Olorin
That's right my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i can't actually figure out what's silmarillion.......
Sounds like an Elven color to me; something like a blend of vermilion and silver. Elk Grinning Smilie

Thorin has the answer and another pretty bauble. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

What underground halls were known as the Thousand Caverns Question Smilie
Is it Menegroth by chance?
That's correct Thorin; you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Upon which hill was the house of Mim, the Petty-Dwarf Question Smilie

If anyone feels they aren't getting a fair chance at answering the questions in this thread, say so and I'll reinstate the 24 hour rule. Until then, it is: First come, First serve.
Yes, and please do not hesitate. The only reason I usually answer most of the Trivia myself is that I don't want an interesting thread to die out as there hasn't been much players lately. So if you're interested do not hesitate! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I'll try Amon Rudh.
Yes, another pretty bauble to Thorin. Happy Elf Smilie

Who cast himself, and one of the Silmarils, into a chasm of fire Question Smilie
Maedhros in anguish and pain
Correct Keonvan, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who or what were 'Yrch'?
Orcs. 'Yrch' is the plural form; the singular is 'orch'.
Correct again Keonvan, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Whom did Fram kill Question Smilie (His victim of most renown.)
His greatest kill was Scatha the Worm. After that he took possession of its hoard but was later killed by the dwarves whom he insulted when they asked for a part on what was rightfully their's!
Correct Thorin O, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What name did the Elves give to Varda Question Smilie
I'm foggy here, but I'll say Elbereth Gilthoniel? Hence the lametation to the stars?
A fresh wind must have blown the fog away for that is the correct answer Loss, the Pseudo-silmaril is yours. Happy Elf Smilie

Why did Sam particularly want to go to Rivendell Question Smilie
i think Sam wanted to see the Elves Pary Smilie Pary Smilie
Nice to see more participants? All of you folks can still call me the usual 'thorin'.Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Samadhi has it and the pretty bauble too. Happy Elf Smilie

Why did Bilbo have to let the Dwarves into the secret of his ring Question Smilie
Because he was obliged to put on the ring to save the dwarved from being captured by the spiders after their escape from their web.
Thorin gets the Pseudo-Silmaril for the correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

How was Muzgash the Orc killed Question Smilie
Muzgash t'were the Orc that printed his name onto the head of a dwarf? And another dwarf killed him out of revenge? I'll say Thorin Oakenshield... It was that day that got him his last name, he used a part of a tree as a shield? (I remember reading it in the Appendices not so long ago...)

Can't blame me for trying Wiggle SmilieWiggle SmilieWiggle Smilie
Nah! It was Azog who had written his name on the face of Thror which had triggered that fabled Dwaf and Goblin Ward. Azog was later killed by Dain. And I got Oakenshield as last name as when we were beaten back to the woods which grew near to the Gates of Moria I had hewed off a branch to use as another weapon and to beat off Attacks.

I know the answer but I'll wait a bit longer!
he was shot running for the gate in the Tower of Cirith Ungol
Keonvan has the correct answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

During the battle over Frodo's mithril shirt, between Captain Gorbag's Orc Patrol from the Tower of the Moon and Captain Shagrat's Orc Tower Guards of Cirith Ungol, Orc Guard Muzgash was killed, along with Lagduf, were killed trying to excape through the gate of Cirith Ungol Muzgash, along with Lagduf, was killed trying to excape through the Tower's gate.

On how many levels was Minas Tirith built Question Smilie
Is it 7 levels?
Yes it is Thorin, you get another Pseudo-Silmaril, Happy Elf Smilie

Find the Odd Man(?) Out: Uglķk, The Witck-King of Angmar, Shagrat, 'The Mouth of Sauron', Gorbag Question Smilie
Is it the mouth of Sauron? He is the only man as far as I see that is not counting the living-dead Nazgul.
No, he belongs on the list. Try again. Happy Elf Smilie
i would have to say The Witch-King of Angmar, gut feeling.
No, he also belongs on the list. Try again. Happy Elf Smilie
then i will say ugluk for he was in the two towers.
shot in the dark.
Yeah I too think its Ugluk as he isn't a minion of Sauron but of Saruman. I think you're right Keonvan.
Yup, it was Ugluk who served Saruman, while all the others served Sauron. Keonvan gets the pretty bauble, Happy Elf Smilie

How many teeth did Gollum have Question Smilie
six
Golden_red gets the Pseudo-Silmaril for her correct answer. Happy Elf Smilie

Why did Niggle fall off his bicycle Question Smilie
I have read Roverrandom only once,two years ago, and I don't remember the story much so I'll say he fell because of fatigue. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Ooooh I should know this. I read 'leaf by Niggle' not too long ago. But I still can't remember... He was to get some stuff for the neighbour and his sick wife I think? And the road was wet from heavy rain? Oh well, that'll be my guess.
No, but here is a hint: He was in the afterlife when this happpened.
Another hint: It was about something he saw.

(See Tolkien the Illustrator and the discussion of today and yesterday for more info about this.)
Okay, during his life Niggle wanted to paint a tree that he saw in his mind's eye, but he was always interrupted by his neighbors who wanted him to do something for them, including using part of his canvas to patch one of their roofs. So by the time Niggle died, he had only gotten around to completing the painting of but a single leaf. Then when he arrived in heaven and was touring it on a bicycle, he spotted something which made him fall off his bicycle. It was his completed three-dimentional tree in all its glory, that he had been failed to paint during his lifetime.

Get the story and read it, for JRR Tolkien wrote it ever so much better than my poor summary above. It can be found in The Tolkien Reader.

{b]What name was given to Aragorn when he served Ecthelion II Question Smilie
I'd say it was Thorongil!
I'd say Thorin is right and has the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Where was the Last Homely House Question Smilie
It's in Imladris. Or Rivendell. Or KlÝvendal, as it is called in Norwegian. Smile Smilie
AmariŽ has the answer and the Pseudu-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who betrayed Beren and Lķthien to Thingol Question Smilie
The bard of Doriath; was is Daeros? Can't remember the exact name. I know that he was in love with Luthien.
It was Daeron, but that was close enough to get another pretty bauble for Thorin. Happy Elf Smilie

The Orc band that captured Merry and Pippin came from which three places Question Smilie
I think they came from Moria, Isengard and Mordor.
Correct again Thorin, a Pseudo-Silmaril is yours. Happy Elf Smilie

What chapter starts out with the following words? 'The talk did not die down in nine or even ninty-nine days.'
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>