Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Trivia: Barad-dur

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Trivia: Barad-dur   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>
Is it The Shadow of The Past Grondy?
That's what my book say's Thorin, you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

If anyone hasn't been able to answer these trivia questions because Thorin gets to them first, let me know and I'll reinstate my 24 hour rule, but until then it is wide open, because we have so few active members.

What was the Sindarin name for Weathertop Question Smilie
Amon sl I think?
That's it Amari, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What color is 'Celeb' in English Question Smilie
Either gold or silver, but I remember that laurel or something along that is gold, so I'll go for silver?
Silver is correct loss, so you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Why did Pippin want to visit the 'Golden Perch' at Stock Question Smilie
To taste its brew which according to him used to be the finest in these parts.
Actually it was 'in the Eastfarthing', but that's close enough to get Thorin the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

How did Merry grow three inches taller during the War of the Ring?
He drank the water of the ents offered by Treebeard and Quickbeam.
Thorin has the correct answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

Who found Merry lying by the roadside in Bree Question Smilie
Nob, a hobbit something at the Prancing Pony. BTW, what is Nob supposed to be? A servant there, butler, bellboy?
I think that Nob might have been a nickname just as Merry was for Meriadoc. Then there was also a Bob if I'm correct (I'm sure I am). BTW Welcome back Fionwe, long time no see.
Nob it was, Fionw gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie Nob was the servant at the Prancing Pony, Bob was the stable-boy, er...hobbit there.

Whose sword killed the Orc that speared Frodo Question Smilie
I'll say it was Narsil, and 'that' orc had his helm burst asunder as a bonus if i'm not wrong.
I think Elendil, the wielder of Narsil and Isildur wielder of a shard of Narsil were long gone by the time of Frodo was bruised. Read again the question, ensure brain is engaged before letting fingers provide the answer. Elf Winking Smilie
I'll say it was Anduril, and 'that' orc had his helm burst asunder as a bonus if i'm not wrong. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
*Waits for Thorin to go "D'oh!" *
Wiggle Smilie
Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Read again the question, ensure brain is engaged before letting fingers provide the answer.

Hint
: There is a marked difference between the meanings of "Whose" and "Which". Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Aragorn I guess. Orc Grinning Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Oh Wow! Super Wow Smilie I think he's got it; I think he's got it. So I guess he also should get the pretty bauble. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

In what field was Saruman especially knowledgeable Question Smilie
Saruman was an expert in creating Uruk Hais and uprooting old trees. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie Elk Grinning Smilie
Orc Sad Smilie Not what I'm looking for; try again.
I know Grondy I was kidding and wasting time in the hope to give someone else a chance to answer. I think the correct answer is that Saruman was knowledgeable in most matters and lore of the Rings of power.
Okay Thorin, a wink would have told me that. Elf Winking Smilie

Anyway, Thorin now has the correct answer and the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

Who 'chanted a song of wizardry, of piercing, opening, of treachery' Question Smilie
I'll bet one of my axes it was Loss. Elf Winking Smilie It has all the ingredients for a record breaking, chart topping Nazgul song.

But then Even if it was a Nazgul song I think Sauron would have taken the credit so I'll say it was Sauron. (Between: Is in the duel between Finrod and Sauron in the Sil?)
That is it exactly Thorin, you get another pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

What tower was guarded by the Two Watchers Question Smilie
Hint: Sam set them a screeching. Super Scared Smilie
the tower of cirith ungol ?
You got it Golden_red, and the Pseudo-Silmaril too. Happy Elf Smilie

Who said, 'I don't need your service, thank you, but I expect you need mine.' Question Smilie
Was it Beorn? Sounds like him when the Dwarves were interrupting the story Gandalf was telling him.
That's it Thorin, so you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

By what name was Mirkwood formerly known Question Smilie
Greenwood the Great
Another correct answer for Thorin who gets the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

The Elendili escaped the Downfall of Nmenor in how many ships Question Smilie
Nine ships, four for Elendil, three for Isildur, and two for Anarion.

I'm going to ask one if I may.
What's the name of the lake besides which the Elves awoke?
Turin has the correct answer and the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

And no Turin, only Grondy gets to ask the questions In this thread. Orc Sad Smilie However, the membership may ask their own trivia questions under Trivia from Tolkien's Books where the person correctly answering the previous one gets to pose the next one. Orc Smiling Smilie

Please look for Turin's question there under my name and today's date; that is where someone should try answering it rather than under this thread.

What did Gandalf implore Thorin's Company not to do in Mirkwood Question Smilie
He told them not to dig the paths in search of mithril as it would make the elves very angry as they had no skill in mining themselves. Elf Winking Smilie
Happy Elf Smilie Nice try, but I think that is what Gandalf told the Dwarves everywhere he journeyed with them. This was towards keeping them from filling every road, path, and bike-trail with potholes into which Shadowfax might later stumble as they rode hell-bent-for-leather on those dark and stormy nights that adventurers often encounter in the wild.

So seeing as how this ain't horseshoes: 'Close, but no cigar!' Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Stray from the path.
That's it Turin, you get the Pseudo-Silmarin. Happy Elf Smilie (He or Beorn also told them not to drink from the enchanted stream, but I can't remember which.)

Who was Pippin's father Question Smilie
Paladin?
Correct again Turin, another pretty bauble for you. Happy Elf Smilie

Which peak did the Endless Stair lead up to Question Smilie
Zirakzigil?
Yes Thorin, you get the Pseudo-Silmaril. Happy Elf Smilie

What was the name of the Dragon that Fram son of Frumgar slew Question Smilie
Hint: The Rohirrim's gift to Merry.
Scatha ?
That's the name Golden_red; you get the pretty bauble. Happy Elf Smilie

When Melkor departed southwards from Valinor, which Valar searched for him to the North, expecting him to return to his old strongholds in northern Middle-earth Question Smilie
Was it Tulkas?
Happy Elf Smilie Tulkas was one of the pair, who was the second?
Was it Orome?
Yes Thorin it was Tulkas and Orom; you get the Pseudo-Silmaril.

How did Sauron ensare the nine Nazgl Question Smilie
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [47] [48] [49] [50] [51] [52] [53] [54] [55] [56] [57] [58] [59] [60] [61] [62] [63] [64] [65] [66] [67] [68] [69] [70] [71] [72] [73] [74] [75] [76] [77] [78] [79] [80] [81] [82] [83] [84] [85] [86] [87] [88] [89] [90] [91] [92] [93] [94] [95] [96] [97] [98] [99] [100] [101] [102] [103] [104] [105] [106] [107] [108] [109] [110] [111] [112] [113] [114] >>