Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Ents and Entwives

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Ents and Entwives   
Has anyone read Lee Whitehead's new book, The Search of the Ents for the Entwives: an Entertainment? I found it on the Trafford Publishing website, bought it, and love it! Whitehead is a retired English professor and Tolkien fan and he writes beautifully. It's a really engaging story, with Pippin's and Freddy Bolger's grandsons as some of the main characters. They meet up with Fangorn and other Ents and embark on a long journey to the eastern part of middle earth to find the long lost entwives. I love his description of the Entwives, and the final meeting of Fangorn with his long lost love is quite moving! The band of travellers even meet up with the very last orc left alive on middle earth. A very pathetic, almost touchingly lonely creature.
Interesting, very very interesting... i'll search for it. Thx for the kind suggestion.

Ahhh, Fangorn reunited with Fimbrethil... *wipes away tears*
Sounds like fanfiction to me. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie This thread should probably be moved to our advertisement section or at the least to Characters. Elf Winking Smilie
Come on now, it can't be just coincidence that Mr Whitehead is both an excellent writer and a retired English professor... he's JRRT's reincarnation!! To the library!!
I'd be interested to know how he got round the copyright legalities.
I was wondering that too, Vee. If none of the original characters are used, however, and none of JRR's Middle Earth maps, there is possibly no copywrite material for the Tolkien estate to worry about. If he's that good, he's possibly been given permission. I'd like to see it, though. Sounds good.
OMIGOSH!! Must find. Sounds great. When I was a naive little Tolkienite I was like "I'm going to be an atuhor just as good as Tolkein!! And I'm going to write a story about how they found the Entwives!!" Oh, how silly I was! How could I write such a thing after TLOTR? What an act to follow!
I've just GOTTA get this book. Lee Whitehead. Lee Whitehead. MUST find.
Quote:
Come on now, it can't be just coincidence that Mr Whitehead is both an excellent writer and a retired English professor... he's JRRT's reincarnation!! To the library!!

Haha, BUT.... MR Whitehead didn't make up his OWN world!!! So he's NOT!!! He copied!!! He COPIED!!! And how many half-hour-read stories has he written like Tolkien? HE'S AN IMPOSTER OF TOLKIEN'S REINCARNATION!!! NOOO!!!
But who cares? To the library, chaps!!! *zoom*