Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Poll: Stuffed Wall Hanging

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Poll: Stuffed Wall Hanging   
Which rare Middle Earth being would you most like to see stuffed and hanging on the wall?? - This poll was submitted by Cirdan in the far distant past.

Tell us which one of them you chose to have stuffed and hung on the wall, and why.
Well, if I understood the question...I chose Shadowfax - I'm a huge horse lover! But ,if I didn't....I'll have to rethink this one and get back to you.- Aragorn's Lady
Balrog.

This demented Maia would make a lovely conversation piece, along with supplying endless trick-or-treaters with nightmares to last a lifetime. In addition, I wouldn't be too loathed to know that one less balrog wasn't terrorizing poor Dwarf-lings in Khazad-dűm or Elves of the first age.
The most important reason of why stuffed-balrog? I would finally know if it really had wings Orc Smiling Smilie
That would be Smaug .Cool to have a dragon on the wall
I totally agree with Mellon. What could be more cool than having a dragon head over your fireplace? Well..saying that you slayed it. Orc Grinning Smilie
I voted Haldir. It's so blond and perty.

And of course, him hanging on my wall will prevent him from getting to Helm's Deep.
So he's dead either way?
Ah! This poll is hard! And I've never really met a really hard poll before. I mean, all you gotta do is just click, right? But this one. In the end I decided to content myself with not voting at all. I would hate to have any nasty thing on my wall, like Balrogs and Gollums. They'd give me nightmares for sure. But then, I would be equally disgusted with a stuffed creature of great bueaty, such as Haldir or Shadowfax. It is like seeing a great stuffed rabbit, so unnatural and creepy, with those fake eyes and oddly shaped skin. Ewww.... and don't even bring to mind a picture of a stuffed Gandalf. That is just not supposed to happen!
i share your pain and thoughts on this subject, but i did come to a decision, i dont want to see a face, (as that would freak me out) and i dont want to see the skin of anything, and all of that. So i decided to choose Nazgul, as they dont have a face, (so no screaming in the night if i need a drink) plus they dont really have heads, (at least i dont think so) so i cant see thier freaky eyes staring at me, and i can take the hood off of it and be a NAZGUL!!! great fun, go scare my nan!!! She deserves it................
I also had difficulty choosing. I ended up with the Balrog, even though my appartment doesn't have a wall big enough to show it in the best light, or darkness even. Besides I wanted to see what the taxidermist would do with those wings of shadow. Does the shadow go away when the spirit leaves the Balrog's body, leaving a wingless hulk? Archeologists and paelentologists have found no fosils, remains, relics, or artifacts of any kind that might have given us the answer. Teacher Smilie
I have also decided to vote for the Balrog, it being one of the nasties and ripe for hunting/hanging. It might be a bit of a problem to actually hunt and kill it so I will check eBay first. You never know....

However, would the body disintegrate on death/destruction much like ye olde wytche kyng, Saruman and Sauron? Maybe we could just hang its shadow on the wall?
I chose the Mouth of Sauron, partially because I intensly dislike the character but also because I think it would be cool to be able to say that I killed the Mouth!! (Possibly not actually me, I'd hire someone) Plus, I think it would help me frek out people who come to the door trying to sell me rubbish I don't want! grrrr... Exploding Head Smilie
I'm with Mellon on this one... It had to be Smaug for me. I've dozens of pewter dragons scattered around the place so the real thing would be awesome. Unfortunately, I'd have to keep him in the garden, and even then his head would be out back and his tail snaking around the front, but the kids would be able to use him as a slide etc.
That's why there are no dragons around today - people hunted them for trophies!
im sure that you know where the remainder of them are though, Vee, you are the Queen of all Dark Creatures??? Orc Smiling Smilie
As it happens I have a few Dragon Eggs waiting to hatch....
well it seems that you have some work then, as Mellon, Val and Eth are all Dragon Slayers, youd better hide them eggs away safe, train them, and when the time is right, they spread their wings and fly away to feast on helpless beings..............

haha fire avatars flowing down the thread
You guys have been reading Eragon, eh?
Something stuffed hanging on a wall! Okay, I go for that, and I go for the Balrog on the wall. But I'm thinking of a Balrog on THE WALL. I go for a very dead, stuffed, but for very sure, a very, very dead, not-coming-back-to-life-Balrog. Not placed nicely on a mantel-piece. I want to be sure that such a monster is safely tucked away and if necessary strung up on the Wall of China. Balrogs scares me! Super Scared Smilie
That is hideous and macabre! Reminds me of a friend of my father's. He was a hunter and each visit I dreaded going downstairs into his 'den' and seeing all those poor poor creatures stuffed and dusty all over the place,the others minus t heir bodies, their glassy eyed heads on the wall.
erg.
But oh well.....i choose the head Uruk hai so I can remind myself that evil can be overcome.
Quote:
He was a hunter and each visit I dreaded going downstairs into his 'den' and seeing all those poor poor creatures stuffed and dusty all over the place,the others minus t heir bodies, their glassy eyed heads on the wall.
erg.

Heh, and here's me thinking women find tiger/bear-carpets sooo romantic... just bunny slippers, then?
no dear Vir, not even that for me. Just soft wool or pretend fur. That is it. I have never thought those rugs were anything but a testimony to man's insensitivity that they had to do that just for luxury's sake. sniff....
Oh don't mind Vir, he's a known misogynist.
Isn't that another name for a masseuse one of those therapists who relive stress in your back and muscles using their hands and feet? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
i would like Melkor's head on my wall. Not only would it look cool, but that would mean i had to kill him and decapitate him in order to put it on my wall Wink Smilie
Not necessarily kill him and decapitate. All you would have to do is buy it from Turin at the end of time.
Quote:
Cloveress
Not necessarily kill him and decapitate. All you would have to do is buy it from Turin at the end of time.

Yesssss!!! i love you!! haha ok just kidding, but seriously Túrin rocks, plus i don't have to buy Morgoth's head on a platter because I am Túrin! Tongue Smilie
Quote:
Yesssss!!! i love you!! haha ok just kidding, but seriously Túrin rocks, plus i don't have to buy Morgoth's head on a platter because I am Túrin!

*rolls eyes*

How could I forget?
Turin,
You don't suppose after an age when you are tired of seeing Melkor stuffed and just hanging about that perhaps you could unstuff him and pound him flat and paint stripes on him.Next open a pup, say Turin's Tavern and then we could all use him as a dartboard and have some fun while we are sipping bear and eating pasties? Very Big Grin Smilie