Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Poll: Meet which character?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Poll: Meet which character?   
In the poll. 'Which LotR character would you most like to meet?' Whom did you choose and why?
I chose Gandalf.

I have always wanted to meet someone who has beheld Valinor in the age of the Trees and someone who could tell me the History of ME because he was actually in existence when it all happened. Gandalf is wise and ancient, and fits the description, and besides, he's kind and shrewd and works magic for children like me. Who wouldn't want to meet the guy?
What she said.. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I would have plumped for Galadriel but she's not included.

I'''d have to think about the rest. Definitely not Tom because he talks in riddles and sings a lot so I'd thwack him within minutes of meeting. Watch this space....
I wanted to vote for Éowyn.... and since she's not in it, I didn't vote for anyone. I don't particularly like any of the dramatis personae included in the poll.
well of course i chose Gandalf, i would love to have a heavy conversation with him about anyting, and listen to the kind words of wisedom he would give and attempt to create smoke rings with him, then of course i would know what pipeweed would be like Orc Smiling Smilie. His presence would probably seem overwhelming though if anyone were to meet him. If Gandalf wasn't in the list, id probably go for Galadriel too, although she isnt in the poll, id love to talk with her and look into her mirror, i bet anyone would curious about what they would see
I went for Elrond as he has seen Middle-earth through about half its history and knew that from before. I had thought about Gandalf, but as he had only been there for only a couple thousand years and the rest of it was also second hand, I decided against him; besides, what went on earlier in Valinor was probably quite boring after the second week.

I thought about including the less than major characters in the poll, but it grew too large IMHO. Still maybe we could later have a poll that just included Galadriel and Celeborn, Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, Theoden, Eowyn, Eomer, as well as Merry, Pippin, and Sam, not to mention Barliman Butterbur, Bill Ferny, Grima Wormtongue, Saruman, and a gaggle of named Dwarves and Elves. Who to put in and who to leave out? Oh the humanity of it all!
For me it was a very tough choice between Gandalf and Tom, but I eventually chose the latter. Mostly because I felt like being different, but also because Tom is more easy-going so I wouldn't have to worry about making a fool of myself infront of him - he's a bit wacky himself. However, I was also giving thought to Aragorn, Arwen & Elrond; and I might have chosen Galadriel if she was there.

Hey let's just have a big party and invite everyone!
I'm joining the Grondy-gang! Elrond is my choice, him being an elvish-prince, wise and powerfull. Having experienced good and evil throughout the centuries I'm sure he has the stories and the advices.
I would have voted for Treebeard as I would love to learn as much of Entish as I could and I would like to hear all he could tell me of the history of the world and the lives of the trees. I think it could be fun to try to help hime find the Entwives as well.

As I couldn't I voted for Glorfindel, I would love to spend all the time I had learning everything that he could teach me. I would especially love to learn from someone who saw the light. It would be amazing to learn the knowledge of the Elves from one of their best.
I have decided to vote for Arwen. After all, she is the likeness of Lúthien. That should count for something.
Treebeard would have been a good choice, entdraught too Orc Smiling Smilie but inorder to learn entish it would probably take eternity to sit and listen, 'WWWWWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllcccccccccccccooooooooooommmmmmmmeeeee ttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooooo (slooooow looooong breath) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttt SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllll' Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Big Laugh Smilie I think it would have been great talking to both Elrond and Gandalf..Maybe Elrond would have given away some of his sword skills or tought me how to find the best herbs? Gandalf to me is like a wise old grandpa full of knowledge about the good and bad in life but also the mystery of it ...It would have been nice to have known them bothSmile Smilie
Don't worry ladies! You'll all be able to choose Galadriel when the "Meet witch character" poll is going to be brought up...
At the moment Aragorn is in second place, but no one here is admitting to have voted for him.

I went for Aragorn. Gandalf may have been wise, and have seen the Two Trees etc, but he was not too forthcoming with his knowledge at times. For a Man, Aragorn was wise and had seen much i his lifetime. His stories would seem closer to hand than those of Gandalf.

Mainly, though, Aragorn was a Ranger. I love camping and the outdoors. He could teach me so much.
I chose Aragon because he is the only cool one on the list!
I was not here to vote but although I dearly love and admire Elrond and would love to sit at his feet and learn and just breathe the rarified air he breathes, my choice would be hands down Master Frodo Baggins of the Shire.
To meet THE person chosen by forces greater than Sauron, out of all the elves and men and other creatures , this and ONLY this Hobbit was chosen to undertake a task that is so daunting and terrifying and hopeless really, this would be the greatest of honors.
To hear his voice and look into those gentle and intelligent and sensitive eyes. To just listen quietly to him speak would be so wondrous, I can scarce even imagine it.
Yes Frodo would be my choice.
i wasn't here for the poll either, i was on sick leave.... anyway i would have choosen Iluvatar if he was there, and if he wasn't there, i still would have choosen him.
oh dear you were on sick leave. that is terrible.
I hope you are much much better now. Shocked Smilie Good choice.