Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Birtish Columbia any1 liv ther

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > Birtish Columbia any1 liv ther   
Does any on live in birish columbia
No, I live one notch south of you.

You might want to check out Where are you all from????? Happy Elf Smilie
washington " ay " haha have you ever crossed the border up here.
Yup, with parents and siblings entered via the the Okanagon Valley, drove across the Cascades to Vancouver, down to Pt. Roberts, ferried to Vancouver Island and on to Anacortes back in the States. Another time my wife and I took the Chinook to Victoria for a week from Port Angeles and back. Also crossed over and back at Blain on a day trip as part of our summer vacation when I was a kid and we lived in eastern Washington. Great scenery, good people, and good eats. Happy Elf Smilie
You made me smile Grondy. For I remember once when a little child passing in the dead of night an all night restaurant in the middle of nowhere called simply "EATS.
I remember being terribly disappointed that we did not stop there. It sounded so what my high brow friends would have labelled ultra low class and embarrassing. But I always found that the people eating in side such establishments were simple down home folk who knew great food from the lady in the kitchen when they tasted it. Smile Smilie
I'm from up in terrace BC
terrance ? bc ?
Terrace BC is roughly 400 miles NW of Vancouver and 60 miles east of Prince Rupert on the Trans-Canada Highway give or take a few furlongs. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
couldn't have said it much better myself grondy
The only thing I think of when I hear British Columbria is the ole Lumberjack song by the Monty Python Crew...

I didn't want to be a barber anyway. I wanted to be... a lumberjack!
Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! The Fir! The Larch! The Redwood! The mighty Scots Pine!

The plucky little Aspen! The great limping rude tree of Nigeria!
The smell of fresh-cut timber! The crash of mighty trees!
With my best gal by my side, we'd sing, SING...

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay!
I sleep all night and I work all day.

Mounties : He's a lumberjack, and he's okay!
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

Lumberjack : I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
and have buttered scones for tea.

Mounties : He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch,
he goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays he goes shoppin'
and has buttered scones for tea.

All: He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.
He sleeps all night and he works all day!

Lumberjack : I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
and hang around in bars!

Mounties : He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
he likes to press wild flowers.
He puts on women's clothing
and hangs around in bars?!

All: ...He's a lumberjack, and he's okay!

Lumberjack : I cut down trees, I wear high heels,
suspenders and a bra!
I wish I'd been a girlie,
just like my dear papa!

Mounties : He cuts down trees, he wears... high heels?
Suspenders... and a bra?!
Wants to be a girlie?!
...Poofter! Bloody poofter!
One Mountie : Pinko commie fairy ******...

His Girl: Oh, Bevis! And I thought you were so RUGGED!!

Mounties : (suddenly) He's a lumberjack, and he's okay!
He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...
Sleeps all night and he works all day!

I always get a great laugh out of that sketch Wiggle SmilieWiggle SmilieWiggle SmilieWiggle Smilie

I did edit out the profanity Angel Smilie
Loss you have no idea how much I laughed at that, we actually sing that song up here, often. there is even a local band that actually plays it in every set
Orc Smiling Smilie I'm glad to here it Gud... I love it... It always gets the crowd singing, put it in the playlist at a wedding or something and it'll get everyone singing to it Pary Smilie

It's a shame that Mounties were involved with the sketch, Canadians don't need the reputation that their Lumberjacks wear suspenders and a bra under their Flannel Shirts...

Or maybe it's the truth? Moderator SmilieElf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
My favorite Mounties are Dudley Do Right, Sargent King, and his faithful companion Preston of the Yukon. ( I still have the deeds to three square inches of Yukon Territrory that came in boxes of Quaker puffed cereals who advertised the Sargent Preston radio shows back in the fifties. All those deeds are worthless because we didn't receive our property tax notifications and the crown took back the land for back taxes.) Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I am from the sunny Okanagan of British Columbia. I don't know of anyone here who knows those mounties or who would not be absolutely shocked at Loss's thought of our beautiful province.
I am quite certain a hundred years or so ago, or even fifty , in the interior where logging takes place the scene was very different. But I never see anyone dressed in plaid shirts or toques or sitting around eating Canadian back bacon and swilling bear down by the case except perhaps the students at the university on the weekends. Smile Smilie
We have world class skiing here up on the mountain,horse racing,car races and a great track.We have lakes in abu ndance and first class rowing clubs, archery clubs, chess clubs. Dance-ballet,jazz etc and opera in a world class facility and tremendous chefs in great restaurants.
Art is the thing and we have a theatre, revamped from the fourties in the middle of the Town that caters to European film festivals and retro film festivals.
Most of the youth dress preppy or Goth or in skate clothes, we have a great skate park and many girls participate. Bike paths are loaded with travellers and horse riding academies are flourishing as well as gorgeous bed and breakfasts. We have hockey in our own mulitplex, and every other person seems to be into art or music of all sorts.
So that description is rather er....strange to me of beautiful British Columbia.
You must come Loss and visit us.
Oh, and as for the Mounted Police here, they mostly work out at one of our many gyms, row, bike or are into the arts. Smile Smilie And scones, I don't think. It seems here even we Celts and Brits prefer a great apple pie or frozen yogurt. Smile Smilie
Quote:
We have world class skiing here up on the mountain,horse racing,car races and a great track.We have lakes in abu ndance and first class rowing clubs, archery clubs, chess clubs. Dance-ballet,jazz etc and opera in a world class facility and tremendous chefs in great restaurants.
Art is the thing and we have a theatre, revamped from the fourties in the middle of the Town that caters to European film festivals and retro film festivals.
Most of the youth dress preppy or Goth or in skate clothes, we have a great skate park and many girls participate. Bike paths are loaded with travellers and horse riding academies are flourishing as well as gorgeous bed and breakfasts. We have hockey in our own mulitplex, and every other person seems to be into art or music of all sorts.
So that description is rather er....strange to me of beautiful British Columbia.

Forgive me for asking, but do you work for the British Columbia tourist service? Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

I might actually be intrigued enough to visit. Goth + girls is a deadly combination.
Leelee forgot to mention that the 2010 Winter Olympics will be held in British Columbia, so she can't possibly work in the tourist industry. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Grondy shoots, he scores!
No I do not work in this area , it is just that in such a place as this so many do make their monies from tourism that we are all encouraged to know the best spots and tell about them when we remember to. Sort of help one another.
And Vir, you would probably be the centre of attention here, really. We have upper crust terribly rich ladies shopping at the supermarket next to outstandingly beautiful Goth girls, Middle-Earth girls who wear the long dresses and have amazingly long hair;skater girls that sport two hundred dollar trucks on their boards, Canadian funds Smile Smilie; biker chicks,runners, dancers, you name it.
Yes you would be the centre of attention,from all groups no doubt.
And, I might add so would Loss and Grondy.
We would need a week's advance notice though so we could all drink plenty of warm water , eat buckets of veggies and fruit and get plenty of rest. For our voices you see, so we could yell and scream or at the very least sing lays about you at the coffee houses. Smile Smilie
You still manage to brighten the most sarcastic of lines from Vir, Myself and Grondy... You never frown... *Gives a Loss's finest? Frosted Double Chocolate Chip Cocoa Powered Muffinô from The Khazad-dumish Inn* Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie

You could even brighten up the Goths with your words... Now about that coffee filled with a yell and a scream? Good Morning SmilieDuck SmilieWiggle Smilie
Forgot to add: I guess there's quite a baby boom nowadays in Birthish Columbia?
i dont know about that, but could be? wered you here that.
Haha, I didn't notice that Vir, good eye Cyclops Smilie The title says Birtish Columbia... Now that's an entirely different place... We would need another list of what's good down there or up there... *Calls for Leelee* Orc Smiling Smilie
Just see how the human brain works, I did not even notice the mistake.
Oh Vir, you funny boy. I wish there were a baby boom here, a real one. Babies are such dear little persons. Smile Smilie
Well Loss, with the beautiful eyes, you well know that you would be mobbed here by pretty girls and Vir because he is grouchy; for many girls in BC could make a man with a fine head of hair bald in just a few hours from their own caustic comments-so most men don't try. Vir would be a thrill to them, they would be lined up.
And as for Grondy, his charm and wit and sweetness would make all the artistic and travelled ladies outdoing each other for his attention.
Now then about birtish columbia-one line should do it.
The attraction is the taverns, the cold beer stores and cooking sherry. Smile Smilie
Loss, why have you no avy-you of all persons? How about your beautiful face?
Quote:
Forgot to add: I guess there's quite a baby boom nowadays in Birthish Columbia?

No Vir, you are thinking about Birthiful Columbia. An honest mistake. Wink Smilie

The little I have seen of British Columbia on TV seems nice and reminds me of home. I'm sure I'd like it there. Smile Smilie
Quote:
Loss, why have you no avy-you of all persons?

I know... The Irony of it all!!! I help and sort out quite a few now with avatars when requested and I can't seem to upload my own! I keep on having an error message coming up everytime I try to upload my own. I was testing an avatar for another member (just to see if it would work) and it had the same error message and when I tried my own the error came up again... The sacrifice of helping others!

Grondy has sent an email to Grep about it, but I won't be expecting help for a while, I know how busy Grep is... This ole PT Veteran is going to be 'in the buff' for a while it seems Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Grep is on the case. Hopefully he'll figure it out soon, I 'sacrificed' my own avatar to help so I'll be faceless too untill he does. Cyclops Smilie Wink Smilie
That's great AmariŽ, and you 'sacrificed' your own avatar to help ole Loss out? *Gives Loss Finestô Frosted Double Chocolate Chip Cocoa Powdered Muffin to Ama* Happy Elf Smilie

The muffin isn't the greatest thank you, but I really appreciate it... and Grep's work Orc Smiling Smilie

I did notice something a miss lately, the advertisements are a little 'mad' around here... Alot of amazon.co.uk... alot of Lumberjack books too, especially on this thread Wiggle Smilie

Thanks guys Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
[homer]Mmmmmmmhhhhhh.... Frosted Double Chocolate Chip Cocoa Powdered Muuuuuuffiiiiiin *drooling and gurgling*[/homer]

Lumberjacks are ok, so I guess huge ads about them are ok too. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Eyo Lumber Jack!
Bring me back to the forest track

Running to the forest track
Run along with Lumber Jack
Run into the wood camp back
Run along with Lumber Jack

Badadadideido, left right right left
Badadadideido, run along with Lumber Jack

(P.S.: RIP Captain Jack)
Ah Vir,
I would not be surprised to find out you were homecoming King for your grad. Dressed in baby blue, hair perfect, shiny shoes and girls swooning over you left and right.
You are such a silver tongued gentleman. Smile Smilie