Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: MITHRILL

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > MITHRILL   
I am just wondering, I mean since we can do absolutely nothing with mithrill as things stand, why do we keep getting it, what is the point? Why can it just not be dispensed with. For so long I have hoped that we could use it somehow, like you used to. I cannot remember how it was used at one time, it was before I came aboard, but it seems depressing to me to just keep getting it and for no reason.
Any thoughts?
I'm saving it all up for my Mithril Chainmail +4.
Could we perhaps play some game with it, sort of Middle-earth monopoly or stocks and shares in Rivendell. I've just had a thought, I'll come back when I've checked it.
We can't do anything with our mithril unless our absentee landlord makes it happen, and I won't hold my breath until he does. Orc Sad Smilie
May be LeeLee is right and it just must be left behind. I mean it is an automatic service, but completely useless as it is now. It may only be used to calculate how often one is entering the site, because that is the way you receive it now, is it not?
Shame really, I've discovered there is a LOTR monopoly game and Risk LOTR, and a loads of others.
I was thinking of something similar but not so complex, something with not too many rules we could have exclusive to PT. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Yeah, as Grondy said, only the website owner can do changes that involves adding or removing from the programming of this site. At least the mithrill PMs remind me to vote for PT.

I think it still costs mithrill to move locations though... unless that has stopped working too.
Mithril used to be used for the Weather also. But Grep soon stomped that out on his arrival. Depending on where you lived contributed to the spending. If you lived in say, Rivendell, and you wanted to send a PM to Minas Tirith, it would cost more to travel a further distance. It would also cost more if the weather was raining or stormy where you were sending it. It's like a cost of post and packaging. The postman has to pay the bills too Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

How I miss those days...
That sounds so much fun Loss. It's a pity it could not be resumed. Would it be a major problem to do so I wonder. I know zero about owning and operating a sight. Perhaps I should enlighten myself.
I believe it costs 400 mithril to move. I just moved to Umbar. Anyone care to join me?
shiver, I shall pass. After all it is only a matter of time before the Corsairs and the people of Harad miss the old evil ways and retake everything subdued under King Aragon.
But I would like to use a few thousand to travel to see Grondy and take him a present fashioned in Rivendell, just for him from me. Smile Smilie
Hehehe Nice idea Leelee! It will cost 400 pieces of mithril to move to the glittering caves Wink Smilie
Perhaps we could have a sort of virtual game and keep track of what we spend via the 'honor system', i.e. it wouldn't really be spent and go away, we'd be pretending it was. I'm not good at making up games, though.
We could try sian. Maybe a small total in italics at the end of a post. We could try it in the Khazad Dummish Inn!

You currently have 9159 pieces of Mithril. Elk Grinning Smilie

[Pieces of Mithril left : 9000] Orc Grinning Smilie
Mithril (postal rates/charges) have now been reintroduced along with the weather system.

Weather Forecast
Postal Rates/Charges
Kool Orc Grinning Smilie

(and why did my post which took up 5 odd paragraphs vanish??)
Does anyone have any recommendations of other ways they would like to see their Mithril used? Feel free to be imaginative with your suggestions Smile Smilie Keen on RP ideas too!
I posted this earlier on this thread, and I'll be back with more details once I've recovererd from my identity crisis.
Quote:
Shame really, I've discovered there is a LOTR monopoly game and Risk LOTR, and a loads of others.
I was thinking of something similar but not so complex, something with not too many rules we could have exclusive to PT. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I just checked the weather and it is extremely cloudy and rather stormy looking in Rivendell today, nonetheless, I am spending four hundred mithril to move temporarily, a month or so, from Lothlorien.

I having been feeling the growing need to go and rest with my brothers and sisters, breathe in the foaming water laced air, and get creative. I am going to forego the fun times with feasts and lays in the great hall and stick to the beautiful room I always have when I visit .

There I shall carve a diarama to Grondy's memory. Something peaceful and yet stirring. I am not sure at the moment but I will think on it for a while and then, on a starry night I shall begin. When I am finished I shall decide where to put it, always thinking of places dear Grondy loved.

Yes, I know I shall not rest day or night until I have begun and finished my work. But just the deciding to do it has brought a measure of peace.