Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: RIP Saruman

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > General Discussion > RIP Saruman   
Today we lost one of the greatest villains of all time, who played one of the greatest villains ever written, and performed it as one of the greatest villain performances of the past 20 years. He was Bond's nemesis, Frankenstein, Dracula, Count Dooku, and countless other villains (literally countless, he'd done so much even he forgot roles he'd played). And that's just the bad guys. What an amazing person who lead an incredible life. What I would've given to be able to talk to him one on one for just 5 minutes. RIP Christopher Lee, you will not be forgotten.

Yes he will be missed. Do you know he actually met Tolkien a few times?

He lived such a full life, didn't he? Passing of an amazing man! RIP, Christopher Lee! 

:-(

In the stories that he played those people may remembered him as a legacy of being one of the greatest villain, but in our story, we will remember him as a legacy of being one of the greatest actor. RIP Sir Christopher Lee.

Sir Christopher Lee. A great actor, a great narrator and also a great man. He had such good and iconic acting roles during his life, but from what I shall always remember him the best, is this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z93SdirnzTw

Rhapsody of Fire - Magic of the Wizard's Dream feat. Christopher Lee. Smile Smilie

And also, the man actually volunteered to fight in finnish Winter War back in, what, 1939.

Rest in peace, Charlemagne.

By the sword and the cross!

Saruman...not the great Sir Christopher Lee, that's terrible. I can't even put a sad smiley here, because that doesn't it cut it. I'll miss you bruv. by the way, great eulogy for the man Oerath. Charlemagne...a great name for Lee. Yes, Nuru, he did, he shook his hand. something I would have loved to have done.

I just put his autobio Lord of Misrule at the top of my reading list. Most recent I could find was released in 2003 (unless someone knows another?), I'd love to know what he's been up to the past 12 years, what it's like acting as long as he has at his age, how it's different or how he views things. Regrets, reimaginings...the list goes on. But there's plenty story to read about before 2003, that's for sure!

Sad Smilie

According to Christopher Lee, he met Tolkien only once -

Q: What do you remember of meeting Tolkien?

Lee: Very little. I was up in Oxford meeting some friends, and we were in the Randolph Hotel. Someone said, "What are you doing here, this is all rather correct and proper; lets go to a pub." This was forty-five + years ago.  We were sitting there talking and drinking beer, and someone said, "Oh, look who walked in." It was Professor Tolkien, and I nearly fell off my chair. I didn't even know he was alive. He was a benign looking man, smoking a pipe, walking in, an English countryman with earth under his feet. And he was a genius, a man of incredible intellectual knowledge. He knew somebody in our group. He (the man in the group) said "Oh Professor, Professor..." And he came over. And each one of us, well I knelt of course, each one of us said "how do you do?" And I just said "Ho.. How.. How..." I just couldn't believe it. But I'll never forget it.

I feel bad for not posting in the thread any earlier. I was at school sitting in the canteen, waiting for class to start. The radio was on and that was when I heard the sad news. Sad Smilie

Such a legend! May he rest in peace.