Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Help! Calling for Submissions

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Writers Guild > Help! Calling for Submissions   
you can use any of mine Allyssa, if you want to that is...
Thanks Plastic! I am hoping to include at least one humourous piece.

This project of mine is likely to take up most of the rest of the year (so we can learn all that layout stuff) so it will not be in print until October, but if the writers would like a copy, would they please email me their snail-mail address?
You're welcome to some of mine too, if you want Allyssa. My snail mail's on it's way to you.
If you want my poem about Faramir, you are welcome. As for the snail mail, I do not know what is it! Ordinary mail????
Quote:
As for the snail mail, I do not know what is it! Ordinary mail????
Yes, that's right Eryan. Even the fastest air-mail cannot compete with these little electrons as they dart through cyber-space.
Quote:
Even the fastest air-mail cannot compete with these little electrons as they dart through cyber-space.
Except for an email Christmas Card that Allyssa doesn't remember sending last December that arrived here last week. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

(It was a multimedia card with a movie of a party seen from outside through a window and only lasted for 1.4 seconds. My Nortons said it was virus free.)
LOL - Yes, Grondy, that is definately the slowest email I have ever heard of. Are you sure I sent it? I really don't remember! But my memory is terrible.

Eryan. Thank-you. I was hoping you would let me use your poem. Big Smile Smilie
Oh you can use mine too if you want too. But if you're planning to include one piece of humour, I think you should go for Plastic's Gandalf and the Balrog thingie. That's Big Laugh Smilie all over!
Hey Allyssa. Are you still wanting fan writings?? New ones?? Cause I'm thinking about sending mine in but I want to make sure you still need them. Big Smile Smilie
Nilgaerien: Welcome to our forum. Happy Elf Smilie

Even if Allyssa happens to no longer need (of which I am uncertain) you can still submit them to her for review by the panel towards posting in our fanfiction section (if they are Tolkien related). Or, if they aren't too long, you can post one or two as new Writers Guild topics for comment by anyone interested in reading them.
Yes please, Nilgaerien. I need as many as I can get. Big Smile Smilie

Update:

Just thought I would let all the contributors know what is happening.

I have decided to title the publication "Loose Canon" and have begun reviewing and editing (I have to look like I am actually doing some work) the submissions. Thanks Guys!

Submissions are still open if anyone has anything that they dont mind me using. Big Smile Smilie

Nilgaerien: I don't have anything from you, but if you would still like to contribute something, I would be very pleased.

Artwork: I could use a picture for the front cover if anyone has anything I can use? Thanks

This has been a very fun project so far, although I have had to double check the spellings and usages of Tolkien's invented words. This is the kind of stuff I will be assessed on. Fortunately my tutor is also a Tolkien fan, so he will understand the work.

The eventual due date for the assignment is in October, so I am sorry for the long wait for people wanting a copy. I hope to make it worth it though! I want a High-Distinction so that I can actually get a job when I finally finish the diploma.

Thanks again to all the contributors! Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
This has been a very fun project so far, although I have had to double check the spellings and usages of Tolkien's invented words. This is the kind of stuff I will be assessed on.
If you want anything proof-reading, Allyssa, before you go to print, send it this way. I probably won't be able to pick out any mistakes you already haven't, but an extra set of eyes can never hurt.
Thanks Val. I will. Big Smile Smilie
Another Update:

This is the proposed Table of Contents for Loose Canon. (Let me know if you have changed your mind about your submission for any reason)

Quote:

1. The Watcher in the Water
2. Gandalf and the Balrog
3. A Song in Honour of Faramir
4. Grud – A Day in the Life of an Orc
5. The Song of Thranduil
6. The Fall of Osgiliath
7. Balin’s Folly
8. Demons Within

Suggestions/comments welcome. Submissions still open. Big Smile Smilie

I also need to know what names the postAuthorIDs wish to be known by. Your PT nickname is okay, but you may prefer to use your real name or another pen name. Let me know if you do not want to use your PT nick.

Thanks again, people. Big Smile Smilie

(Grondy merely tried to fix the junk numbers)

[Edited on 2/6/2003 by Grondmaster]
Hey Allyssa, you can use my story about Brego's battle too if you want.
Please use my real name Allyssa, I'm trying to throw off the skwerl shackles that I have landed myself with.
Quote:
Hey Allyssa, you can use my story about Brego's battle too if you want.

Thanks Gnampie! Your Brego story will add to the mix nicely.

[Edited on 3/6/2003 by Allyssa]
Update:

Okay folks, I am up to the 'mock up' stage with this publication.

My teacher doesn't like the title 'Loose Canon'. Does anyone have any suggestions that haven't already been done?

To all contributors: Are you sure that you don't want to use your real names? It is just that real names look so much better in a printed publication. You could make up pen-names for yourselves if you like. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
My teacher doesn't like the title 'Loose Canon'. Does anyone have any suggestions that haven't already been done?
I don't remember what has been done; however, The Green Leaf just popped into my head and if the pages had a light green tint, it could be The Green Leaves. Use it as you will. Elf Smilie
Thanks Grondy. I will put that one on the 'Possibilities List', along with Ring True, which is my only other idea at present.
Quote:
To all contributors: Are you sure that you don't want to use your real names? It is just that real names look so much better in a printed publication.
Is it possible to have real names plus aka ......? If possible, that would be my preference.
Yes, I don't see why we can't have:

Bill Bloggs, aka Grishnakha999

I will be listing Planet-Tolkien in the acknowledgements, for any interested readers, aspiring writers or publishers... Wink Smilie

Also: Once again, I am begging for some artwork that I can use. Especially if it is Tolkien related. Anyone? Please?