Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Mouth of Sauron

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Writers Guild > The Mouth of Sauron   
Sounds good Val I will be interested in havin' a gander at at it.
I'm looking forward to it, Valedhelgwath.
I would just like to say that Mouth of Sauron is a great story. Deliciously creepy! Makes you squirm and shiver in all the right places. I don't know whether to be sorry for the protagonist or not (which is, no doubt,Val's intention). I love it!

You certainly have written a lot of different characters, races, locations and time settings over your Fan Fic writing career, Val. The mark of a talented writer, in my humble opinion.

Thanks, Allyssa. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.
Quote:
I don't know whether to be sorry for the protagonist or not (which is, no doubt,Val's intention).
He certainly didn't help himself, but at the end of the day I see everyone as being Sauron's victims. I think those who suffered the most were perhaps those closest to him.
Quote:
You certainly have written a lot of different characters, races, locations and time settings over your Fan Fic writing career, Val.
Most of them are just exploiting the gaps JRR left for the likes of me to fill. He managed to create such a detailed world, fan fic writers can find so many potential scenes and storylines to play with. I enjoy jumping about between them, exploring different ideas and attempting to portray stories from the perspective of different races.

I'm currently working on a piece about a young Gondorian soldier during the time of the Last Alliance. Because it will cover a twelve year period, however, the biggest challenge will be to change a boy into a man over the course of the story. This new one is beginning to flow together quite well, too, which is always reassuring. Hopefully, it will be finished sometime before Christmas.

Back to the Mouth, though.

Did anyone have any preconceived ideas how he achieved his longevity? Tolkien does say he used dark sorcery to achieve this, but didn't elaborate. My description in the story is similar to the methods Liches employ. As Liches are invariably wizards or priests, it did seem to fit.