Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: ME Fanfiction Awards Open!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Writers Guild > ME Fanfiction Awards Open!   
Calling all JRRT fanfiction writers! The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards 2004 are open for business.

There is a new Tolkien fan fiction site that just opened. The designer / owner is Ainaechoiriel. Her website seeks to publish good quality Tolkien fan fiction. She is sponsoring a contest in which anyone can nominate almost any Tolkien-based work, fiction or poetry, in several categories. The voting process involves counting the amount of feedback / reviews.

The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards is a new awards contest based on the model used at alt.startrek.creative. What's special about that model is that it is comment-based! It's about feedback! It generates feedback! And thus a friendly, participatory atmosphere.

They take nominations (beginning May 1, 2004) for any story posted to any public website before April 30, 2004. That means that great Lord of the Rings fic you read back in 1974 can be nominated, so long as you can find it on a public website (no logins required) and the author has e-mail.

To nominate a story, and to vote, you need a Yahoo ID. The rules and information can be found at this URL:

http://mefawards.agreatserver.com/index.html

Many thanks, Ainaechorieliel! Regards - Chathol-linn

This fanfiction contest is open for nominations now. One of the attractive features is, the winners are guaranteed to receive feedback from readers. I hope you will visit the contest's URL, given in the post above, or contact me if you have any questions. Regards - Chathol-linn