Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Conquest of Middle Earth

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Writers Guild > Conquest of Middle Earth   
This is a shared author story and half roleplay, where u will need a map of Middle Earth around, because this is a stroy where it is important to know the places, or if u know Middle Earth well, u don't need it then. The Rules are, before I tell the storyline are the following:
1) Everything has to be logical- the battles, how fast your army moves, outcome of battles
2) When trying to 'fast-forward' time, the maximum is 4 weeks, and that is only excusable for moving armies on long journeys.
3) You may switch to Roleplaying mode if you wish, when having a conversation, not in the middle of a battle.
4) This is also like roleplaying again, when attacking somewhere else, wait for the opponent to counter ur move (If there are any.)
5) absolutely NO MAGIC Which then means u can't be a wizard
6) Only dwarves, elves, and humans (inclusive of Easterlings, Haradrim etc)
7) there are three sides: the Eastern alliance: made up of the Corsairs of Umbar, the Haradrim, and the Easterlings, the Gondorian empire, and the Northern Alliance: Rohan, Elves of Lorien and Mirkwood, dwarves of Iron Hills, and any dwarves left in Moria. Notice for the first time, there aren't any orcs.
8) U can only mention, in cases of main characteres, or armies, of the three alliances only inside the alliance, not outside, no 'neutral travellers' or neutral army
9) This isn't a rule, but i doubt this will work out but ill try anyhow and ill adjust the whole thing to something else.
10) just write sensibly

Storyline In the reign of King Elbador, three grenerations after King Elessar, he is in a strong position. two strong armies of 80 000 men each, and a strong ffleet of 150 ships, he is going to try for the first time in many many years: To make Gondor an empire, to conquer all of middle earth. Of course there were those that opposed, and all the places that opposed, elves, dwarves, and Rohan, banded together to form a northern alliance, with three armies of 50 000 men each. Meanwhile, in the far east and south, the Easterlings and Haradrim find the news of a very strong Gondor particularly disturbing, and joining the Haradram and the Corsairs of Umbar, formed a strong alliance against Gondor, the eastern alliance, with two armies of 70 000 men each a fleet of 130 ships. With two sides pitched against him, King Elbador will find it very difficult to form an empire that was about to collapse before it began.

I DON"T THINK THIS WILL WORK BUT ILL TRY IT ANYWAY
I NEED A SHOW OF INTEREST BEFORE I START, NOT IF U THINK THIS WILL FAIL BUT JUST A SHOW OF INTEREST
i think it sounds fun you have my suport in fact i am doing a simlar task with a story line. if you need any help drop me a line and ill answer the call with a swiftness un seen b4.
It sounds a bit heavy but i'm game.
how do we start?
I already feel very tired just thinking of it , but I shall try.