Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Competition! Letter to Santa

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Writers Guild > Competition! Letter to Santa   
This competition is inspired by the Journal posts about Letters to Santa so lets be having them!

Write a Letter to Santa, post it here (website rules apply) and after Christmas we will be asking members to vote for their favourite Letter (instructions to vote will be posted later), and the winner will receive 100 mithril pieces.

Those who posted in their journals can enter their Letters if they want, either as they are or amended. No limit on number of entries per member.

We will let the competition run until just after Christmas so you can also write letters of complaint to Santa.

And remember - Santa knows if you have been bad or good!

dear Santa,

how are you? hope that cold air isnt making you get artheritus! any hey, about Christmas. did you ever see the movie "The Matrix"? the good guys are, "only human" according to the "agents" so to be only human, you make mistakes and are ocasionally bad. right? but your still the good guys! so i HAVE been good! so please bring me "Pogue Mahone" by the Pogues :-P (i already own that album but if anyone knows basic Gaelic they'll get a laugh....so how bout..."Streams of Whiskey" by the Pogues? have a nice year.

~me
Cloveress enters her letter (since everyone has seen it anyway there's no harm in more publicity or more mutterings about it between council members Wink Smilie )
Here is Cloveress's letter:

Author - Cloveress
Written on - Sunday 18th December 2005 (12:18pm)
Dear Santa,
I've asked for too many toys and necklaces and fancy gifts in the past few years and I figured you'd be quite poor by now. So I've decided to stop you from going bankrupt sooner than you ought, which is why this year, I will ask for only the following four presents:

1. Two more hours to each day (spent at home not school!)

2. Secrecy from my parents for half an hour on New Years Day so I can run out and buy some sodium benzoate for my personal little project

3. Five more square feet of space under my bed for my private treasures ( you know what, Santa)

and finally,

4. One whole new heartful of passion for the upcoming year (refillable, of course)
You see, Santa, you won't have any financial problems with my presents, as they don't cost anything in terms of money. I warn you, though, they are really hard to find, and even harder to catch. But you're Santa, and you've never let me down before, so I suppose you'll be able to give me these things. First-class quality, too. I assure you these presents are worth just as much as toys to me this year. So don't raise your eyebrows and act as if I'd gone mad, because I haven't.

I thank you for your troubles and generosity,
Cloveress
Dear Santa,

i write you this letter to remind you i have pictures of you and your favourite reindeer, Rudolph, doing unsavoury things together.

To avoid the public humiliation, not to mention the disappointment of every child on this face of the planet, that would result from publishing this pictures, i suggest you do the following :

1) transfer 1,000,000 Swiss francs to account 184-587459-21, Banque Saint-Lambert, Zürich, Switzerland.

2) transfer 1,000,000 $ to account 111-587964-78, National Bank, Nassau, Bahamas.

3) transfer 10,000,000 yuan to account 14-587456-87, East-Asian Bank, Hong Kong, China.

Thank you.
Dear Santa,

If you come down my chimney, you'll burn your toes. And forget about the pressies... The one you gave me when I was a little boy, and I weed on your lap, was rubbish. It broke before I got it home. Since then my family has done a really good job looking after me without your help.

Lot of love
Val
Dear Santa,

Are you running late this year? The Ferrari hasn't arrived yet.

Season's Greeting,

Vee
Ooooops.... sorry guys, I forgot this was to be a member vote. In which case all members can vote as long as they don't vote for their own letter.

The simplest way is for members to post here stating which Letter to Santa they liked the best.

You have until Wednesday 11 January, 18.00 GMT to post your choice.
I vote for Cloveress!
Cloveress
Cloveress.
I vote for Cloveress's Letter to Santa.
I vote for Clover too.
i vote for Mir's.
Thanks guys!!!! It's so sweet of you all to vote for moi.
Come on you lot - vote for your favourite letter!
I vote for Val's.
Ye I vote for everyone! Everyone's a winner here Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
I vote for Val's

Did I enter????
Quote:
Dear Santa,

If you come down my chimney, you'll burn your toes. And forget about the pressies... The one you gave me when I was a little boy, and I weed on your lap, was rubbish. It broke before I got it home. Since then my family has done a really good job looking after me without your help.

Lot of love
Val

yes.

(Grondy merely made it a quote.)
Last chance to vote! Voting closes at 6pm GMT!
Cloveress wins! Congratulations and 100 shiny mithril pieces will be winging their merry little way to you any moment now.

Wiggle Smilie
yay for cloveress!
In fact Cloveress gets 200 mithril pieces as Grep was feeling generous. He says it is a Christmas Bonus.

Congrat Cloveress !!Enjoy your price
I'm feeling very rich now. How about we go to the Khazad and enjoy some of that wonderful turkey Grondy has just cooked? (Mir, you should especially go.)

Heeheeheee.....finally some extra pocket money.....