Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The Wanderer's Tavern

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Writers Guild > The Wanderer's Tavern   

Due to my recent lack of activity, I decided to place this thread into 'Writer's Guild' and make it purely a story thread.

I've weeks of holidays ahead of me and once again, the winds will guide me to Northern Finland, where my friends shall be awaiting for my arrival.

During this time, I'll still try to watch over the thread. If this thread becomes popular and will be actively used, it could become an official story thread.

I don't have stuff to post at the moment, but I'll return in a day or two with a tale to be posted.

Here are some rules:

1. Be friendly and respectful towards each taleteller.

2. You can write pretty much anything you want, but as long as the text doesn't include violent language, power words, sexual material etc. (This is a Family Friendly website, after all.)

3. When you post, would you kindly await for people to throw in some feedback. (I'll also be giving feedback.)

4. One tale at a time + if some of you want to start a story that you will post in parts, then gladly do so. (I may also start one by myself, or continue a story that already exists.)

5. I guess that's it. Now, grab something to drink and sit down.

The Wanderer's Tavern is finally open for business!

'Come, come, before the night falls. There are stories to be told inside these silent walls.'

Hey Oerath. I figured that since you are so very kind as to spend your time on my humble RPG, I should repay your kindness in any way I can. I shall begin by indulging in you writer's thread. I truly love the idea.

It began back in the dawn of time. Elves and Dwarves had been at war for nearly a century, the reason behind the feud long forgotten. Ginglin Hiklin, the Elvish king had a beautiful daughter named Marianya. Marianya was the most fair of all her people, her long brown hair and eyes captivating to all who saw her. So it was that one day, as she travelled through the forests near her home, she was ambushed by Dwarves. The band sought to capture her and use her as a bargaining chip to end the war but N'Tartan Jeggen, the son of the Dwarf king Hoggok, fell deeply in love with her. He released her and sent word to King Ginglin requesting a truce. Ginglin, unaware of N'Tartan's feelings for his daughter, agreed without question. The two met and N'Tartan begged Ginglin permission to wed his daughter. Ginglin was shocked and hastily said no. N'Tartan offered Ginglin whatever he desired for the hand of his daughter. The Elven king pondered this and told N'Tartan that he desired nothing more than a white Stagg from the northern Reaches. N'Tartan, crestfallen, agreed. He knew he would very likely meet his death on the journey but he also knew that Marianya was worth the risk. Without telling even his father, N'Tartan set out on his quest to capture a white Stagg.

First of all, I am glad that I can participate in your thread. It feels good already.

By the way, good start. I already read the one that you had in journals. Quite a blast to begin a tale. A woman, a quest, a way to prove things. Reminds me of King Thingol's task to Beren.

I hope you like of my character. In fact, Saegron Ithael used to be one of Oerath's many names/identities, but I decided to create a completely new and fresh character for him. (Yup, Oerath Windsoul is also one of my original characters.)

I can't promise constant participating, but I'll try to throw in something as often as I can. One of my new year's promises will be to get more active as a writer. Smile Smilie

I've a story that I will bring forth in this thread. Darbeian is the working title and it's a sci-fi/fantasy story with a bit of military stuff mixed in. (Mostly at the start of the story.)

Edit: I've lots of stuff to do during the next few days, but I'll still try to post my things, before the weekend.

Patience is virtue and time is just time.

Thank you!

N'Tartan stared out into the lonely forest he had come to call home. He smelled the scent of birds and distant streams. A haze of mist coated the land as he walked along, his double edged sword slapping his side softly.

He was situated in the Vercanian Forest, an untamed region near the far edge of any map. He stooped and saw a large track, a cloven hoof patern, leading on into the brush ahead. The track was about a day old. His quarry was close.

Good story so far, Durin. Smile Smilie

I must apologize for my absence. At the moment, I'm spending some holidays in northern Finland, so that's why I've been off the site.

I think that I'll just let this year go and let the new year come and post my things then.

For now, I've planned to write some kind of poem, celebrating the new year and I'll post it by tomorrow night.

So, until the next time.

- Oerath.

I too have been absent my friend. I apologize as well. And i look forward to seeing your poem.