Thread: You know your a LOTR freak when...
You know you are a Tolkien freak, when your family tells you that you need to get help, because you are sooo obsessive with Tolkien, that all you do is eat, drink, breath, and sleep Tolkien. (That includes being a member of PT, and having like 20 or 30 books that are either about ME or Tolkien himself, having tons of maps haning on the wall, and buying 3" notebooks just to put all of the Tolkien related material in that you have downloaded off of the net, and there is never enough room in them.)
Actually, what is the difference between the Tolkien freak and the Tolkien geek?
1. You throw your marriage ring in the fire just to see if there are markings on it.
2. You call all of your friends and loved one < my preciousssssss>
LoL, thanks a lot for starting this, i think it's a very neat idea.
[Edited on 30/1/2003 by Airecristiel]
p.s. do you know anywere were you can learn elfish? i know quite a lot already, and my dog still hasn't clicked on that 'havo dad' means 'sit'!
p.p.s. 321 days till rotk! yey!
Anyway, there are some really good links there.
1. You know you're a LOTR freak when you're able to point out that the Old English root word for athelas is atheling, which means coming from a noble person.
2. You know you're a LOTR freak when you tell your brother to return you preciousss when he wears the One Ring around his neck on the chain.
3. You know you're a LOTR freak when you have read the trilogy at least 9 times, the Silmarillion at least 6 times, the Hobbit at least 5 times, and the Book of Lost Tales at least 3 times.
4. You know you're a LOTR freak when you want to do your senior thesis for your bachelor's degree in English Literature on Tolkien related material.
PS: Anybody have any valid (like literary criticism) ideas on what to write on? I've thought of writing on the destruction of the pastoral setting by industrialization by Saruman or doing a compare/contrast on Two Towers movie vs book.