Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Avatar Rights

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Avatar Rights   << [1] [2]
Old fat guy with a stick Grondy??? is that your current mood or a stereotypical representation of your good self?
Quote:
Also, V, why do you not use an avatar?

There is nothing that truly represents me in any of my moods. (Or if you want the truth - I just can't be bothered.) I rather like the little crown on top of my name. Queen Vee. Anything else would be gilding the lilly.

Very Big Grin Smilie

How about a wiggly wabbit Vee? Tongue Smilie
No.

And if the wiggly rabbit ever makes it's way here there will be carnage on a scale so big......
Your hangover is almost palpable Lady Vee, i can almost sense the venom with which you strike each key!

And on the subject of Avatars - i actually want one - but dammit cannae access any site (like "ilovemessenger.com) cos of my work's I.T. policy, same reason i cant go on the chatroom, which is probably a good thing as i'd never get any work done!

Sad Smilie

Quote:
No.

And if the wiggly rabbit ever makes it's way here there will be carnage on a scale so big......

Errmm.. What wiggly rabbit? Wink Smilie
Quote:
Old fat guy with a stick Grondy??? is that your current mood or a stereotypical representation of your good self?
Actually the profile and beard show a remarkable resemblance to me and I'm old and overweight. I don't use a stick because then my hands wouldn't be free to operate my wheelchair. And I usually go out with a book in my posession. Oh, and I'm also short, but nowhere near being that short.. Elk Grinning Smilie
Hehe. Animated Wink Smilie

I like the avatars. Through them you can show the others your true personality... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I agree! I love the avatars. In Love Smilie
*looks at Tommies avatar* Cute, funny, cuddly, huggable... yeah, it does sound like you! Elf Winking Smilie
I can't find an avitar that fits my personality. I don't think such a picture exists.
Lol! Thanks Amarie! I was actually referring to the sheep (me being sheepish and everything, always asking stupid questions, etc). I sort of identify with sheep. Elk Grinning Smilie

Your avatar suits you as well, Amarie, I know you love cats, and it's a very pretty avatar you got there.

Well, I don't know you well enough Crystle_Caves to help you looking for one, but I'm sure there's something out there you identify with, feel comfortable with, or whatever. Something you like. You just have to keep on looking, I guess.
How's this for a nicely evil avatar? Thanks Milambar. hehehehehe

Looks good! Thumbs Up Smilie Big Smile Smilie

Though I agree, you did already have one. Wink Smilie
Love it Vee-star...

Reminds on the series, them rat-munching lizard/aliens.

Nice, suits you sir! err miss, uhm mrs.

Cool Smilie
Red or purply pink?

It is from that series.

Now I think I'll try black... like that!

I have a choice - depending on mood.
What a coincidence. At the same day someone throws away a V avatar, someone else picks it up. Whatever, it sucked anyway.
I love your's Vee! Smile Smilie And where did yours go, Vir? Oh CC, I think maybe you should try one with a elf or something Smile Smilie I could send you via e-mail some if you want.
Is mine okay? Its something that I drew and I decided to put it on here.
I like your avatar Woofy
Thanks Taz and the Council for letting us make our own avatars!
Vee, where did you get your avatar? I'm thinking of getting one.

i think lord_aeleric's avatar is quite cool! the guy looks like a samurai, doesnt he? i like your avatar too Woofy. u must be quite an artist if u cud draw that. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
I have not been able to be around much the last few months, but when I have peeked in, I have not seen any avatars that have been offensive to me as a mother, or that I would not allow my son to see. I am personally having a problem with avatars, I had my old one that went up fine, and then I had my EVIL Mellie one that Amarie made for me, which went up fine, but when I tried to reload my original avatar it would not load. I am sure the problem is on my end; unfortunately I have not had the chance to really work on it again. Hopefully soon, Mellie will be back. Lol

I personally enjoy seeing the avatars that all the members pick out to represent themselves. I believe that it gives the members both old and new, something fun to do and bring a bit more of their personalities to the forums so that we can get to know each a little better. I am also quite pleased that Taz made it so that we could all have our own avatars so that we did not have to wait till our post got up to a certain point and then have to ask to have them uploaded. One it frees up a bit more of Tazí time to take care of so many other aspects of running this fabulous site, and two it keeps people from just making non-sense posts so they can get an avatar.

Now I hope I did not go too off track as far as the topic is concerned I only read the first page and then bits and pieces throughout the rest of the thread. I am looking forward to getting back to being involved and active here at PT and in doing so, hopefully we will get to see so many of our members displaying their avatars, a part of who they are here.
Lord Aeleric's avatar is the Mouth of Sauron right? And i dont know why evryone dosnt just put a male avatar if they are male or reverse, i mean it is your AVATAR something that represents you and it is much more easier to tell the boys from the girls. Does anybody agree?
P.S. I dont see why anybody should like anime by the way.And the vampyre looks male to me.(just a few things i wanted to say to catch up with everybody)
He he I know who Vampyre is. I'm not telling you if their gender is female or male. Or who they might be.
Well it has been stated several times that Vampyr, both member and avatar, is male. And I know who he is too. Na-na-na-na-na Smilie
Hehe, me too... Wiggle Smilie
Lately, I've noticed that I don't seem to see other's people new avatars for a while. It's probaly just my computer..
Does anyone think I should change my avatar back to the bunny instead of the purple fairy I am using now? Smile Smilie
Well, I kinda like the purple lady-fairy , but if you feel you really are more of a soft, fuzzy, cuddly-bunnie, then go ahead and change it back.
Quote:
Does anyone think I should change my avatar back to the bunny instead of the purple fairy I am using now?

Purple Fairy fantastic.... Fluffy bunny better off on pets corner
Fluffy bunny made me think it was Perwing who had posted as he had it for a while, purple fairy is pretty! Keep her!
Quote:
Hehe, me too...
Lately, I've noticed that I don't seem to see other's people new avatars for a while. It's probaly just my computer..

It's because now you can onlyl have an avatar if you are a community supporter.
I don't understand why avatars are a Community supported option. There already is a Community supported icon underneath the avatar...and the avatar is only for community supported...if you have one, you have both!! there is no one or the other.

Please release the avatars from community supported so that everyone can use and enjoy them.

I would support the community but i live in the US and do not feel comfortable with the deduction of 1 pound per month.

Bain
Hi there Bain.
The reason can be found here. I think he explains it quite well
Quote:
I would support the community but i live in the US and do not feel comfortable with the deduction of 1 pound per month.
Hey Bain: If you already have used a major credit card for on-line purchases, there is should be no diference, except you need to know that when you get your bill it will show up as a charge of approximately $1.84 U.S. per month depending on the conversion rate when it was charged. I haven't had any problems with this and have purchased quite a lot of stuff on-line from the U.K..
I would really like to donate and support, but I feel that the only sections of the website that are getting attention is the Message Boards and, now, the Journals. I know that Taz is busy, but there should be a way for others to help and get involved.

I have noticed that the Guide Project is down and 3 of the 5 Art Galleries are down. The Guide Project is one of the places that the almost 4000 members could help in developing. Of course, there is a good comprehensive encyclopedia at Arda that would be hard to rival, but it would be fun to try.

It also seems that the Reading Discussion Groups have fizzled away also. How about a Reading group for Unifinished Tales, or maybe start through HoME. I know I was one of the one on board for the Silmarillion, and I enjoyed it (even though I rarely posted because of my ignorance on a lot of the Tolkien realm.)

Also how about book reviews for books other than primary works. Right now I am reading a fascinating biography of Tolkien focused on his WW 1 experiences and how that influenced his creation of ME. It is called Tolkien and the Great War by John Garth. When I finished I would like to share a review of the book so that others can decide if it something that they might be interested in.

I know that running this site takes money. But I started coming to this site (almost 3 1/2 yrs ago) because of all the things that it offered. Now it is just a Message Board and some Journals. (I know it must be more, but that is all that I see of it.)

If we could start developing PT into more of a Tolkien portal, I would be more app to contribute to it, even more than the 1 pound that is asked.

These are just thoughts on how to make PT a better experience, not a criticism of the site, or any person(s) that are involved in the production of it.

Michael Ramm
Bain Diamondhands
Hi Bain_Diamondhands,
It is really great to see you again. Waving Hello Smilie
Quote:
Also how about book reviews for books other than primary works. Right now I am reading a fascinating biography of Tolkien focused on his WW 1 experiences and how that influenced his creation of ME. It is called Tolkien and the Great War by John Garth. When I finished I would like to share a review of the book so that others can decide if it something that they might be interested in

This book by Garth has had a great review in The Library Journal with a recommendation that all public libraries should consider purchasing it. I look forward to reading your review and to reading the book when it arrives in our library.
We have a thread which is intended for reviews/recommendations of biographies of Tolkien. I have been reading various books and will be posting as I complete them. When you have finished Tolkien and the Great War, this will be the place to post your review: Biographies?

You have made some good suggestions in this thread and elsewhere, which we definitely will discuss at our next council meeting. It will probably take a little time to get everything programmed into the new site but the Guide Project is an important part of PT and we will get on it as soon as we can.
We are still meeting in bilbos-study on Sunday afternoon. This week we will be discussing "The Tower of Cirith Ungol".
  << [1] [2]