Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   
Having just received an award I was joking with Amarie on chat about did I get a certificate to hang on my wall and it occurred to me that wasn't a bad idea, not just for mine but for all Poster of the Week and any other Award on PT.

A nice official PT certificate which could be emailed to the award recipient and they can print it out and hang it.

Whaddyerallthink? Remember.... it could be you next!
Sounds good! Smile Smilie But who would help design the certificate? I could help if needed.
Sounds a good idea to me.
Hey - Super idea!!

I suppose it would be nice to do a bit of 'Back dating' too - for those who have already received 'Post of the Week' awards & the like....

Excellent idea... Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
Having just received an award I was joking with Amarie on chat about did I get a certificate to hang on my wall and it occurred to me that wasn't a bad idea, not just for mine but for all Poster of the Week and any other Award on PT.

Quote:
I suppose it would be nice to do a bit of 'Back dating' too - for those who have already received 'Post of the Week' awards & the like....

I'm not sure I would have enough room on the walls for all of the PotW's I got at one time here. Good thing I have a garage now!
Tongue Smilie Elf Winking Smilie
Quote:
I'm not sure I would have enough room on the walls for all of the PotW's I got at one time here. Good thing I have a garage now!

Exploding Head Smilie Careful Elfy, your head will explode. Ha Ha Ha Smilie
Could we have an award for 'Most Annoying on the Roleplay Threads?' Cause that would be ME!
Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie

But really, that's a good idea. I can't wait for all the certificates to come rushing in! Or maybe not.
Of course there could also be a place on the website to put copies of the certificates or at least a list of awards and recipients.
Quote:
Of course there could also be a place on the website to put copies of the certificates or at least a list of awards and recipients.

That sounds cool!

Of course I was just kidding about the PotW thing all, I only really got like a few of them anyway.
Paranoid Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie Elf Winking Smilie
Quote:
Of course I was just kidding about the PotW thing all, I only really got like a few of them anyway

A few? I don't have any, meh, can't win anything if you don't post anything worth while.
Shouldn't be too hard to make a diploma. I suggest not going further back in time than the POWs we have given here on the New PT, so no diplomas for you Elfy! Moahahahahaaaa! Not for me either, I've got two POTWs. *proud* Smile Smilie Would be a bit silly to make diplomas for ourselves.. "I, Ama, give this diploma to myself..." Tongue Smilie
To be honest, Ama, I think those early POW's are just as valid as the new ones we have here. Not taking anything away from those of you who have won them recently, but the number of members contributing to the Tolkien sections of the site was far higher back then, making the competition to win one much greater.

Unfortunately, because the opening posts of every thread were lost when the site moved, it was not possible to move the POW section (as the opening posts were the ones containing the relevent post). I think what I will do, however, when I have a few free hours is attempt to retrieve those past POWs from the data base and manually pull them over here.
Quote:
To be honest, Ama, I think those early POW's are just as valid as the new ones we have here
Well of course they are. When/if the diploma is made there shouldn't be too much of a problem to change the names and dates and send it one to all the approx. 25 POTW winners (some got POTW several times too) instead of 'just' the 4 we have here.

I just felt new PT created a new timeline in many ways, and there is a time gap of 6 months between the last POTW on the 'old' site and the first time we gave POTW here. It felt natural to focus on the present not the past. It was a whole other ballgame back then, and we POTW-winners were given our moment of glory and honour.

The old POTWs will hopefully be an inspiration and start new discussions.
Everything here sounds quite cool to me. I mean, it's nice to receive an award, but it's even nicer if you can actually show it to people. Very Big Grin Smilie
I suggest that the CM's could tell all the members who won the award every week.