Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
I think that there needs to be an award given to the person who contributes the most to Planet Tolkien every six months or so. This would be an honor to receive and I also think that it would be an incentive to motivate people from fighting (hangs head) and be model citizens, like the Grondmaster. The honor of being the recipient would be great but if there was a reward, say 500 mithril or something, it would be that much better. What do you think?
At the current rate we work at, give it another year and the Post of the Week will become a bi-annual event. Tongue Smilie

It's a nice idea, but how would you judge such an award?
I personally feel that all of us contribute equally here and that PT would not be PT without any one of us, so in that case, Council Members, don't we all deserve awards? Pary Smilie

I'll just practice my speech, but it might take a long time for each of us to recite our speeches, so tell the award show director not to start the music if one of us gets long-winded:

I'd first like to thank the academy, and you, the fans...and Grep, the producer, and Holly, executive producer...and Vee, Amarie, Grondmaster, Valedhelgwath, Milambar, Rhapsody, Eruwen, Melian, Loni, Elfstone, Stonehelm, LA86, AE-37, Terrijayne, Rhodry, Virumor, Gildor, Eva Lilith, Tiger, Arwy, Silme, Sideshow Bob, floyd_n_milan, oloriniwasinmyyouth, Plastic Squirrel, Steve, deathmc, Taz...**music starts**...No! I'm not done! I'd also like to thank anyone that has slipped temporarily through the cracks of my fragile memory...my mother...the London Philharmonic, Area 51, Swiss cheese...toast that's not burnt...my fluffy leopard-print slippers...
Wow! You even thanked me! *starts crying of happiness*
*Eruwen smiles, proud of her contributions, and lowers her head humbly as her name is mentioned in thanks*

LOL...you're funny, Laurel Smile Smilie
Yeah...funny-looking! One Eye Smilie
Ow I made it to the 3rd line in very honourable company of Milambar and Eruwen...

*squeeeee*

We are all equal in fellowship. Gondor needs no awards Wink Smilie
Quote:
I'll just practice my speech, but it might take a long time for each of us to recite our speeches, so tell the award show director not to start the music if one of us gets long-winded:

I'd first like to thank the academy, and you, the fans...and Grep, the producer, and Holly, executive producer...and Vee, Amarie, Grondmaster, Valedhelgwath, Milambar, Rhapsody, Eruwen, Melian, Loni, Elfstone, Stonehelm, LA86, AE-37, Terrijayne, Rhodry, Virumor, Gildor, Eva Lilith, Tiger, Arwy, Silme, Sideshow Bob, floyd_n_milan, oloriniwasinmyyouth, Plastic Squirrel, Steve, deathmc, Taz...**music starts**...No! I'm not done! I'd also like to thank anyone that has slipped temporarily through the cracks of my fragile memory...my mother...the London Philharmonic, Area 51, Swiss cheese...toast that's not burnt...my fluffy leopard-print slippers...

Lol, seems like you're pretty good at it already Laurelindhe! Elf Winking Smilie
Hehehehe - very funny Laurelindhepindhepoohpums. I had visions of a Benny Hill style shepherd's crook reaching in to grab you round the neck and haul you off in mid-sentence.

(Cue the young 'uns asking who is Benny Hill?)
i think it could work if you got awards for every 500 posts or something, related to posts or time you have been joined or something. So it doesn't make you look better just shows some facts about your contributions to PT.
Yes, Vee, I could see a crook grabbing me...but would I really be worth stealing?(Har de har har)

For those of you rookies that don't recall the great and fabulously dirty Benny Hill, I suggest finding a box set of his show's episodes online...but only if you are over the age of eighteen, of course...We can't contribute to the delinquency of the world's youth purposefully, now can we?
Deal Smilie To the Membership: The award we all receive for making Planet-Tolkien.com such a fine place to visit, is:

... wait for it ...

... is ...

... just a little longer ...

... is ...

"This forum." Animated Wink Smilie

Think about it. Teacher Smilie
Hey i'm not included in that list...

*sob*
Awards for the number of posts one makes are meaningless as it is quality not quantity that is important.
Low quality posts come in waves on PT. On the flip-side, high-quality, supportive, intellectual posts come in frequently also, though I don't think I've contributed any. Smile Smilie
And the award for the Initiator of the Most number of Locked-up Threads goes to......*bites off one end of the envelope*......goes to.........Findaro...sorry, I guess I must have bitten off the end of the slip along with the envelope. Anyways, come and take your award. And please, don't start a new thread giving your acceptance speech since that action might not permit other members a fair chance at the award next time!
Am I really the worst member on this site right now? I mean, I've gotten three threads locked, but does that really mean anything? I have received more than a couple angry messages telling me not to make any new threads, but is it really that bad? Or do I just have a knack for getting things locked? Quite honestly, I am surprised that this one hasn't been locked.
If you get messages that make you uncomfortable, you should e-mail the council and tell us about it. If anyone has a problem with another member, they should go to the council and talk to us about it. That is what we are here for, to sort problems and make sure PT doesn't turn into a battlefield, ruining all that people have spent so many years building up.

Our e-mail is: council@planet-tolkien.com
Asteroth! I am so sorry! You see, it is hard for someone like myself to remember everything...I left you out of my list because I didn't want the other members to know that secretly, you're the best-they'd just get jealous... Big Laugh Smilie

Findarato, no worries, just be a good boy! Police Smilie

And the award for Member-that-looks-EXACTLY-like-Harry-Potter goes to...LA 86!!! Woohoo! (Only kidding, LA)
I was kidding, AmariŽ, but I will remember that when I get my reply message from Loni...
And the award for the member with the toughest-to-remember name goes to Laurelin....
Damn! I forgot!
And the award for the member who has given the most awards goes to... (Drumroll) Lord_aragorn86!!!
Thank you for the esteemes homour you have bestowed upon me. I would like to thank Findaroto for starting the award culture, PT and all the members who have received awards from me. That is all, thank you!
And the award for the member who keeps the most people on topic goes to, no surprise, Grondy!!! Big Laugh Smilie

Moderator Smilie By the way, we are off topic. Moderator Smilie
Yes Findarato we are getting off topic. But thats one of the best qualities of PT...it operates well while travelling off road. Since I am currently taking evening college classes, one of those classes was via the Internet. Our instructor gave out virtual awards to the class members at the end. Some of the dubious catagories being: Most Random Thought; Most Number of Posts in a Week's Time; and my personal favorite since I won this one, The Insomniac Award. I had the latest posting of homework that term, when I emailed most of my stuff after 2:00 a.m. PT could use a similar theme, although the competition would be tough as I've met many in the chat room from the farthest reaches of the planet who should be in bed like good citizens instead of up talking to the likes of me. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
PT could use a similar theme

Oh how I long for the old days. Sad Smilie
Lately, all I've been hearing about are "the good ol' days" and such. Live in the present people!!! The present isn't so bad, and even if it is, the past is gone. Done with. See ya. Goodbye. Over and out.
Read Smilie Sujestion-why don't make not awards but promotions.Like expirience in the RPGs.Like for every 50 or so posts become scout,ranger or smthing.Diferent for every raceSmile Smilie
Quote:
Sujestion-why don't make not awards but promotions.Like expirience in the RPGs.Like for every 50 or so posts become scout,ranger or smthing.Diferent for every race

Congratulations with the PT-award for best spelling ! ;-)

There has been a ranking system before, but it was cancelled when the new PT started, as at the old PT a lot of members seemed to prefer to stop posting rather than becoming an 'Elf-friend'...
Actually, we strive for quality posts rather than quantity of postsóobviously mine are an exception to this. Elf With a Big Grin SmilieóRather than award people for posts made up of smilies and "I agree"s, the Council decided to no longer award any rankings based on the number of posts.
Oh and I think I have a few awards to give to various members.

Most sarcastic : Miruvor (no surprises there!)
Most venerable :Grondy
Most innocent : LA 86
Most scary : Vee
Most serious : Gandalf-olorin
Most popular : (not here to judge)
Most loved: Grep (come on, I've never heard a word spoken against him)
Most violent: Iesseus Reyndous
Most gentlemen-like: Val
Most beautiful: Amarie (evryone says so!)
Most humour: (Too much competition, gotta let people vote)
Most mysterious: Elfstone
Most sweet: (Maybe Icey? or Ithil?)
Most devious: (undetermined, but send in your nominees!)
Most yelled at: Elrose
Most talented writer: (tricky...)
Most father-like figure: Grondy
Most mother-like figure: Eruwen (or M. Mir? :haha: )
Most sister-like figure: (too many)
Most brother-like figure: (also too many)
Most daring: Lord of All
Wisest: (we'll need a poll for this)
Meanest: some oldie who's cranky and irritable
Best spirit: ( i have nooo idea)

See ya all at the Oscars!
Whaddya mean, SCARY? I'm a sweet. fluffy pussycat and anyone who says different will be roasted over the fire. I mean that in a sweet, fluffy sort of way. Oh, and then sacrificed to me by my able demon-servant, Gildor. He's sharpening his dagger as I type...

Yay, time for blood again!
Patience, my precioussss.... let them come closer....
Why? We can go to them as well.
Hey I gave you an award...
So you did but we'll roast you anyway.
We're giving you the award and privilege of being roasted and sacrificed.

Aren't we nice?
Right, you guys are just so nice. Hmmm...I think I know who the "most sweet award" is going to now...
Tell you what - we'll glaze you with honey before roasting you and then you can have the award for sweetest tasting.
How about chocolate?
Maybe for dessert.

Goes to select another victim... I mean, dinner guest.

How did this chatroom conversation get in here?
'Twas easy. Just type and post.

I blame Cloveress.
Quote:
Most innocent : LA 86

Aah! That's a relief. I gotta show this to all my friends who believe I'm extremely perverted.
I'm most mother-like figure? Wow, how in the world did I get that? I do love children, but I couldn't eat a full one. Wink Smilie What award can I bestow on Cloveress? Most spunky, or perhaps most team spirit, he, he...the PT cheerleader.
Quote:
Most gentlemen-like: Val

Smile Smilie My wife would probably not agree. Smile Smilie
Quote:
I do love children, but I couldn't eat a full one.

Is this because you tried to eat Elrose?

Quote:
My wife would probably not agree.

Well, that's their job, isn't it? Disagreeing with the spouse, eg saying "B" when the husband says "A", saying "yes" when the husband says "no", saying "turn right" when the husband wants to turn the car to the left, etc.

It's the whole yin & yang thing, ye know.
Quote:
How did this chatroom conversation get in here?

Well, I thought this thread was already chatty enough. Btw, congrats on reviving your old account.

Quote:
I blame Cloveress

I did nothing but give our old planet a little boost in the spirit. And, my creepy goddess, if you'd like to eat me then just ask nicely and politely. I might die with a better conscience knowing that I'm being sacrificed for a civilized person.

And all you other members out there who seem to be surprised at your awards, by all means complain. I must say I get too little of these attitudes these days. You can be guaranteed of feedback from yours truly.

LA86, anyone would know I was merely being sarcastic.
Eruwen, you love children, and you're forever trying to lead them in the right direction and all that. And to me, that would be mother-like.
Val, remember, I'm not your wife.
Quote:
And all you other members out there who seem to be surprised at your awards, by all means complain. I must say I get too little of these attitudes these days. You can be guaranteed of feedback from yours truly.

OK OK, you get the award for most spunky all right.

Sheesh, we should rename you to 'Cactusess'
  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>