Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
Ah, Germany. What a wonderful place. Are you watching any football matches!? How exciting. If you take a roadtrip, be sure you go on the Romantic Road and make it all the way down to Fuessen to see Neuschwanstein.
Well, that's a shame, there goes my worthy opponent. Sad Smilie Don't you have a computer at your home?
Well, I certainly have a computer right now! I'm home all right, and I mean really home, not in some hotel in Germany.

And I did go to Neuschwanstein. It is truly like a fairy tale. I mean, how can you be in Stuttgart and not go to Neuschawnstein? I got a keychain there (expensive, but I hardened my heart) of King Ludwig II and his castle. We alos saw Hohenschwanstau (is that how you spell it?). Another pretty castle, but a part of it was undergoing construction, so it's not that pretty.

I enjoyed my trip thoroughly. Thanks guys, and now be glad I'm back for good.
August Awards (missed out on the earlier month, sorry, dudes and dudettes)

Most gifted at leaving: LA_86
Most gifted at returning: Eva Lilith
Most frequent at returning (and thus, leaving): Rhapsody
Most faded: Grondy (I would never have expected it from you...)
Worst at fading: Virumor (You just had to prick that nerve of mine with Cactusess, didn't you?)
Most devoted: Icefangs (she hasn't really left us for a two or three months now!)
Best gamer: Elessar Lossehelin (yeah, you're good, man)
Most joyful: Mellon (you're the new mom, right?)
Rockiest newbie: Leaves (mighty bolt thrower? haha, I love that one...)
Most considerate: Morambar (read what' he's said in the Party Tree)
Best Writer: Elrose (check the "I wonder if..." thread, he'll crack you up)
Most Creative poet: Virumor (Was Slough original? or is Betjeman not your real name?)
Bluest: Tinuviel
Most figurative in speech: Rafael (see "Why 'Middle' Earth?" for details)

and due to my absense and inadeptness at inspecting posts and threads, I will have to stop here.

Yours,

Cloveress
Aw, shucks. :8) Nice to know where I'm really loved. Elf Winking Smilie
OH, you love everybody.
whoo hoo
i won an award
o ya
:P
Ooh, there's awards now! Very nice Big Smile Smilie I like the categories, hehe.
Yay! I actually got an award for something *gasp* - though i guess it doesn't really hold any degree of great merit, but still, I'm glad to have been mentioned and in the spirit of gratitude: I hereby present Cloveress with the "Greenest Award"
Thank for the award Cloveress !!!Happy Elf Smilie I'm a mother of 4 so I guess I'm not a "new"momBig Laugh Smilieit's just that Grondy called me a he in a thread so I had to explain and therefore he sometimes name me mother mellon Smile Smilie
wooooooo best gamer, im not sure what ive played but wooooooooo i got one!!! thanks CleverLass!!!
Whoops! Figurative in speech! I do indeed thank you Cloveress!! Elf Smilie

I have to tell you though, I like Loss's way of bending your name. So it should be both Clever Lass and the Clever Loss! Snowman Smilie
haha, it seems like we've been paired up Clover!! Thank you, ive been using that Clever Lass for ages and no-one had seemed to have noticed Big Smile Smilie. R'el has a good eye for words;

Most literate for his next award??? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Thanks again. For sure Clover, we are in the Planet because we enjoy listening, reading and playing with words. But most of all because forever young master JRRT gave us his marvellous world of Tolkien.
Quote:
haha, it seems like we've been paired up Clover!!

Aww, just like in that movie It takes two.
Thank you, most modestly, thank you, for the Greenest Award. It is, I think, the first award I've been given. I am proud...Oh but I think one of my aloe veras are dying, dearie dearie....

And Naira! You must have been away for quite a time! I don't recall seeing you anytime before...Oh well, you certainly seem to be breathing life back into our Tolkien related threads again. Congrats on that!

Loss, you know some awards are largely based on my imaginations of your personas. And thank you for the nickname. LA_86 used to call me something quite similar, something that is Clever Lass without an L. Both of you are horribly witty. Paired up? Moi et toi? When's the wedding, dear?

Mellon, I never expected it of you! Four? And here was me thinking you were still a teen...

Rafael, love seeing you in the threads. You do speak funny.

Oh, but yes, back to dancing in the kitchens of the Khazad Dumish...seeya Grondy! Wheeeee!
Quote:
And Naira! You must have been away for quite a time! I don't recall seeing you anytime before...Oh well, you certainly seem to be breathing life back into our Tolkien related threads again. Congrats on that!

Quite a long time, yes! Big Smile Smilie Now I'm back and I want to reply to these old posts that no one has replied, so forgive me if you see Last Post by - and 'Naira' is everywhere! Tongue Smilie
Teen ? Big Laugh Smilie Ereinion is my one and only son !!! And I've got 3 daugthersSmile Smilie ( Nina 15 1/5 . Emil (Ereinion) 12 , Lisa soon 10 and Tina soon 7 )Yeah they sure make me like a teen sometimes heh ? Something is true though You are NEVER older than you feel !! Thank s again Clover for letting me feel like a youth again and I'm very joyfull indeedHappy Elf Smilie
she is not 15 and a half...
I reckon Mellon is one of the oldest teens in her family, but I'm told she was very, very, very young when she was born. Elf Smilie
Clover: which do you prefer??? Clever Lass or Clever @$$??? Big Smile Smilie

NO WAY!!! I thought that we were all born old!!! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

As Mildred B. Vermont once said;

Quote:
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.

Im sure that Mell loves all her children, no matter how old or how many, and thus reciprocated back Orc Smiling Smilie
Ah, I see. So Ereinion is your daughter? Wow, I never suspected that. You know, I always thought she was a guy, because of the name...

Still, it's nice to see you back and youthful and blasting us all with energy. Ah, you know, sometimes even the young ones like us get so tired and we need that spark from our venerable elders. Elf Winking Smilie

Don't worry Naira. I seriously doubt you will be able to fill everything with "Naira" with so many dedicated fool-arounds here. Animated Wink Smilie
No no he is my son indeed Smile Smilie this has become a mess..nothing to do with the award thread reallySmile Smilie I'm sorry he's just pulling your leg CloveressSmile SmilieGREEN elf Happy Elf Smilie
I have an award for the best "ME". And obviously, the award goes to.. myself! You can tell I'm so in love with myself Wink Smilie
Falling so deeply in love with yourself my be the safest. You are sure to find no rivals, aint you? For someone that's an award in itself!! Snowman Smilie
I And it allows the young ladies to sigh in relief. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
LA_86 used to call me something quite similar, something that is Clever Lass without an L.

What do you mean by "used to", eh? And "Most gifted at leaving" too. Anyhow, as the last line of LOTR goes "Oh well, I'm back!". Or was that without the "Oh"? I guess its time I read it again.
You old rascal! Scalleywag! Rogue! How can you show up right after you won the Best at Leaving Award?!

humph! Typical of you, coming back right for an award. I swear you could smell one from halfway around the world away...

but FINALLY you're back. Wink Smilie
I can't bear the thought of someone else accepting an award on my behalf and hence I had to gate-crash the ceremony. And yeah, just to prove that I deserve the award, I might leave once again. But not just now...
I'll hold you to your word. You better stay on this site this time.
Just how long do you have to be absent from this site before you claim reward for returning? Are we talking about seconds, minutes, days, months or a year or three? Dunce Smilie Snowman Smilie
If you want my unbiased opinion, I'd say three months; though it could be two, else the award will become meaningless, like watered down, too common, as everyone would be able to claim it at one time or another. But you should consider the source, because 'I know next to nutink'.
Best reward for returning not only depends on time, but also the way you return. Oh, and Grondy will be considered for a specific award now that i know he knows next to nutink.
Well, I missed all the excitement.

Cloveress:
Quote:
And I did go to Neuschwanstein. It is truly like a fairy tale. I mean, how can you be in Stuttgart and not go to Neuschawnstein? I got a keychain there (expensive, but I hardened my heart) of King Ludwig II and his castle. We alos saw Hohenschwanstau (is that how you spell it?). Another pretty castle, but a part of it was undergoing construction, so it's not that pretty.

I'm so glad to hear you went down to Fuessen. It's such a wonderful place. Ah, King Ludwig II, Mad King Ludwig...there is something to his story. I've always been fascinated by him. Oh, and the other castle is called Hohenschwangau.

*Sorry for changing the topic...*
D-Rob checks watch... Date: August 26
Coward for sure. I didn't even dare show up until today for fear of not getting an award! I just couldn't bear it!!!! Hehe, and that was clear back in March...

D-Rob quite joyfully* sneaks away....

*If joyfully sneaking away is possible...
Hmm.... how is it that LA_86 got the award for leaving? I'm so good that no one even noticed me...
You're a good wanderer all right, and wait til you see what's in store September for you guys!Ho yes....
I think that it is somewhat ironic that the creator of this thread, LostandAlone (originally Findarato, but who knows what it will be next? He's umm... more than erratic), has not even received one award aside from having the most locked threads that LA_86 so graciously gave him...

I think that the Most Indecisive award should go to Grondy. See here, look for my post.

D-Rob melts into the shadows...
how did he manage to get a line through the words??? but tomorrow is september, i look forward to the awards Clever Lass Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Elf Winking Smilie
Me tooSmile Smilie Cool Avatar LossCool SmilieMaybe you get an award for often changing it ?
Quote:
how did he manage to get a line through the words???

I know something called html, which is what most web pages are created with. There is a "tag" that allows you to strikethrough things, but I won't show you how it's done because Grep doesn't want us to use anything other than what is provided when you post. He lets me do stuff but if a lot of users started to use it, chaos could erupt.

Lets say that everyone started typing things like this:
Noooooo!!!!!
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
It would get annoying pretty fast.

D-Rob slips away with considerable stealth...

Moderator Smilie Grondy says: You may only use our bulletin board code here; not html as you have been told before. It was quite impresive though. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Please behave yourself. Moderator Smilie

Grondy, it took me 5 minutes to create something so ugly!!! And I made it as a bad thing so that people would realize how bad it would be if everyone knew html!!! It served as an example!!!! Besides, I looked through site rules and there isn't anything about bb code only. Now my post looks like a normal one and people are so missing out on the ugly site of the web... Big Smile Smilie

Edit:For those of you who want to see what it looked like, I have recreated (sort of) the page. You can see it here. It's the last post on the page. Also, you must wait for the page to completely load to get the full effect. For the information of those not using a mozilla browser, the "Noooooo!!!!!" blinks.
Quote:
It would get annoying pretty fast.

You don't say. Imagine Elrose picked up some of that stuff.
Oh the horror! PT would need a total make over if Elrose caught on to stuff like that! At least he would get the award for most moderated... Which currently goes to me....
Quote:
For those of you who want to see what it looked like, I have recreated (sort of) the page. You can see it here.

That is the ugliest color scheme I've ever seen D-Rob... You should get an award for it...
Quote:
Besides, I looked through site rules and there isn't anything about bb code only.

What, aren't there enough rules already? Deal Smilie
Not many have used html coding to make moving and/or colourfull text and such in the past, so there hasn't been any need to make a rule about it. (We are not as fond of making rules, yelling and telling people what to do as it might seem. Honest! Wink Smilie ) Editing and asking nicely to not do it again has been enough so far. But both the previous and current owner of PT has said that they don't want that sort of thing in their forum, so its not something new.

Putting the nasssstyness in a link was a good idea. Now we can choose if we want to look at it or not. And it gives a hint of what it might have looked like in here if things had been different. Super Scared Smilie
Thanks Mell, i thought i need an avatar that would stick with me for basically ever. I like this one Elf With a Big Grin Smilie i downloaded this package of LOTR avatars ages ago and i recently found them, already 70 by 70 pixels, im set, if anyone wants to see some PM me and ill send some to you Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Ahh... AmariŽ, there is a flaw in your arguement. First off, Grep does not want us to do stuff like that and it should get edited. However, Grep has told me personally that it is okay to use html PROVIDED that it does not mess with the layout of the page and that it looks good. So asking me to not do it again would be against the owner of the site. But, I won't do anything that Grep wouldn't agree to anyway, so it doesn't really matter if you tell me not to do it again.

Hehe... I should get an award for defending myself so often...

D-Rob sneaks away into the darkness...
September Awards

Alright then, folks, here it comes,

Most foresighted: Virumor (Eruwen's retirement thread, he was wishing her happy retirement already!)
Wittiest and doing lots of plastic surgery: Elessar Lossehelin
Most Pensive on films: Naira
Most "Nice-guy-ish": Galenhir (quite the gentlemen)
Most unchanged: Vee (still lurking and hungry)
Most influential fairy-hater: (up for grabs!)
Most changed: Iesseus Reyndous (since when did you get flirty?)
Most tireless: Eva Lilith
Bluest: Icey
Most masklike face: Lemaly Orangeflower
Most Garfield-like: Virumor
Soaring as always: Amarie(Don't go too far or else we wouldn't see your pretty face)
Youngest at heart: Mellon
Creepiest and most artistic: D-rod (Still creeping, eh? what about that thing you've been showing around, huh? Are you even gonna come out and answer?)
Most locked threads: LostandAlone (can't let business go away)
Ruling from afar: Grondy (he always manages to get to the scene of crime in time still)
Desperately wanted: Etharion

And yes, that's all for now, folks!
Seeya next month!
For inquiries, just post!

Your most beloved fairy,
Cloveress
Quote:
Creepiest and most artistic: D-rod (Still creeping, eh? what about that thing you've been showing around, huh? Are you even gonna come out and answer?)

Okay, okay, I'll show you. You type it like this: strike. Oops, I didn't use the character code... hehe...

I've got the artistic thing down really good. My creeping could use some work though...

D-Rob laughingly sneaks away to the freezer to eat some ice cream...
If Grondy is so good, let's see if he can figure this one out... and see if I can get this thread locked... No, just kidding. But I could so easily mess up the page. Just do this:

Hehe... hope no one tried to load this page while it was messed up...
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>