Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Awards

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Awards   << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>
Yay! Thanx Ninerl for posting this late, too...I saw this about a week late, and felt silly postng so late, and then it just got later...heheh. Well, thank you for the file! Claws and beak now sharp as...uh... sharp talons and a beak..., and let's see, who's been naughty this year? Orc Smiling Smilie
Laurelome! its never too late to thank cloverless! (where is she btw i havent seen her anywhere Wary Smilie )
I feel that i havent thanked her enough.
Thank you! Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!

That should do it Big Smile Smilie
As a one time winner of post of the week, it was one of my proudest moments. I'm a teacher, and got one of my students to join, who also got post of the week for a summary of her work. It was my second greatest moment.

I miss the chat room, what's going on here, how can I help, what can I do? I accept responsibility for not always having been here or available, but think the site and chat rooms worth saving... so tell me what to do!!! I would be willing to volunteer a few hours a week on a regular basis (as long as I knew I had an option of calling in a "locum" from time to time... the problem is that I am a total amatuer and newbie... would need a lot of help!

In other words, can I do anything? Where are you all.

Much love hugs and kisses and apologies for the long silence...

Elanor
THE SORELY MISSED FEBRUARY AWARDS

Most Studious: Galin (you've really done your homework!)
Most Imaginative: Grondy (A time machine?)
Most Femininely Gentle and Fearful: Leelee (not to worry, you are surrounded by friends, dearie)
Trivia King: Virumor (this person knows many things from both worlds we live in)
Child at Heart: Turinturumart (I would have other titels to bestow upon you, but I have not yet thought them up, don't lose your innocence!)
Best Cook: Fionwe Urion (Intestines filled with raw eggs? You make a first rate cook)
Cold and Proud of It: Mellon (Go Scandies and all other Northerners!)
Most Agreeable: Turin Turambar (It looks like you're already building up a new friendship with the new Turin)
Best Dreamer: Rafael (fantasies might just come true, my friend)
Snowqueen: if there were only someone named Aeglos!
Iceking: Elessar Lossehelin
Most grateful: Arath (Call me Cloverless again and I will set five Balrogs on your tail)
Most Critical: Lord of All (Haven't lost your touch at all, my skeptical friend)
Official Timekeeper: Parmastir (since you are so into calendars)
The Evenstar of PT: sadly I have not an Arwen in mind
The Galadriel of PT: (hmmm... who here is female, wise, beautiful, powerful, and stern at the same time?)
The Enemy of PT: Lord of All (your obssession with Sauron has paid off)
The Legolas of PT: (I am not so cruel as to subject anyone to the jeers of our Legoas-Hate-Club here on PT. Oh movie Legolas, you were just too fair for the eyes of humans!)
The Denethor of PT: Virumor
The Tom Bombadillo of PT: Valadhgweleth
The Feanor of PT: nay, Feanor is quite impossible to find a likeness to
The Elladan & Elrohir of PT: Fionwe Urion & Etharion
The Balrog of PT: Vee (if there are female Balrogs, if not, she can be Ungoliant)
The Gimli of PT: Elessar Lossehelin (I do hope you're still with us, since I haven't heard from you in a while)
The Grima of PT: who has as pitiable a plight as him?

Alright, alright, any more suggestions, nominations or anything? Just post it right in this thread!

Cloveress has delivered her latest batch of awards! Congratulations to those who have recieved one.

Oh, and do you think I should do Silmarillion characters for awards next time? I think I will consider it, though LOTR characters are easier since they are more human.
Quote:
Cold and Proud of It: Mellon (Go Scandies and all other Northerners!)

Indeed I am Smile Smilie Thanks Clover Happy Elf Smilie Where have you been lately ??? I've missed you
A time machine most certainly: How else would Virumor be able to learn all those facts from this and Tolkien's world? Teacher Smilie
Quote:
Where have you been lately ??? I've missed you

Nowhere, really. Just getting a new stock of hyacinths and doing frightening amounts of research as to how to take care of them. Oh, and of course, regretting that I have picked T.S. Eliot's poems to do my English project on, and also yes, trying to make sure I get eight hours of sleep each night, which I surprisingly find possible. Now I have it all off my back, so I am quite happy now. So happy that I decided to give out awards, even though it isn't the start of the month.

But yes. I am glad to find PT as active and vibratn as ever.
Quote:
Best Dreamer: Rafael (fantasies might just come true, my friend)

Thank you for seeing me again, Clove! I hope you don't meen that I'm always sleeping, if that may be a way to collect dreams!

Good to see you back in the threads Clever Lass! As eager as ever!
Quote:
The Gimli of PT: Elessar Lossehelin (I do hope you're still with us, since I haven't heard from you in a while)

Do not despare for I have not left, I am still bright eyed and bushy tailed for PT, the holidays have come and gone now so the majority of the busy-bug has gone now. Though I am glad that you are still with us Clover, we and I have missed you. But why am I the Gimli of PT, I have no beard and a tad taller Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Could it be my stubborness..............
Why am I Denethor? If I were him, Faramir surely would have gone down in flames, literally even. No salvation for that wretched wizard's pupil.

By Elbereth and L˙thien the Fair, you can't do this to PT's female membership!
Quote:
But why am I the Gimli of PT, I have no beard and a tad taller Could it be my stubborness..............

Well, who would know you better than yourself, eh?

Quote:
You can't do this to PT's female membership!

Stop acting all injured. You know perfectly why you make a good Denethor. As for the Faramir business. Many times have you tried to burn other members in threads with your fiery words, but seldom has it succeeded beyond the point of giving us a slight tinge.
Ooooh I have only just noticed, I could have that Elf With a Big Grin Smilie though I would have to change my name to Lossadan [Snowking] near enough the same thing, but Lossehelin means Snowy Pool or Ice Pool, so I think iceskating would be covered for me Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Quote:
Iceking: Anybody here interested in skating?
You've got it, Your Royal Frostiness!
Thank you most sincerely for the awards! Though when did I ever mentioon intestines filled with raw eggs? But thanks none the less! *bows gratefully to the bright fairy Cloveress*
FYI, you mentioned it in the World's Worst thread for the Wor'ld's Worst Recipe.

Of course, by the logic of the fairies, that makes you the best cook of them all.
Quote:
You know perfectly why you make a good Denethor.

OK, so the blood of N˙menor runs almost true through my veins and I loathe Faramir. So what.
So what? So, you're the Steward of Gondor, whom everyone pities, but no one really likes...
Let us be nice please people, or at least kindly! That last statement sounded a bit too personal to me. Teacher Smilie
O! Cutting words from a wench's barbed mouth, indeed!
How about the March awards Cloveress?
My first look at this thread has enlightened me to the facts that I am Greatest Covert, The one who questions things, and the most critical. I also desire to see the March awards.
Quote:
My first look at this thread has enlightened me to the facts that I am Greatest Covert, The one who questions things, and the most critical. I also desire to see the March awards.

Then shouldn't you say I don't want to see the March Awards Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Depends which way you look at it...I would desire to see more folly.
Darling Cloveress are you er psychic? I blush to tell you that your assessment of me is so true. Grondy was right about my wearing my heart on my sleeve. And I don't usually wear sleeves!
I have friends here? Really, you are not just saying that because of your kind heart? I can scarce believe it , how wonderful.
And as for dear Denethor, I love him. He seems rather a puppy dog to me, all bark and not much bite. But oh how I wish he would change that avy!.He is not made of felt and I know in the depths of my Elven heart that he has a lovely face and pretty eyes. Of that I am certain.
I think that Cloveress is the Evenstar-beautiful, intelligent, never fading in beauty and wit and charm. I shall call you that -Cloveress Evenstar.
Oh my, this is the first time I really noticed this thread and read a lot of it from the first post. I laughed so hard my cheeks are aching terribly. But I feel so blessed. I got to know more about your personalities and all of you are someone I should like to put on my faerie dragonfly(he is half the size of a football field and so sweet) Ike and bring you all home for tea.
I had no idea I was mentioned anywhere, why would it. But I must admit I laughed heartily to see that I was given coupons for dance class. I taught dance for many years!.But with Luthien, how wonderful as that is you dear Cloveress.
All of you are endearing and hilarious and sweet and sad and every good thing that makes Planet -Tolkien the home away from home that I love with all my heart. hugs to you all and a kiss on the cheek(it won't work dear Vir to try wiping it off, it is a Faerie kiss, they stick forever)
Smile Smilie
Cloveress has been and still is studying harder than hardly, which is why her recent visits here have been few and far between. So please don't nag at her for not being here to post her monthly awards; instead cherish when she can find time to grace us with her sprightly presence. Thank you. Happy Elf Smilie
Quote:
So please don't nag at her for not being here to post her monthly awards; instead cherish when she can find time to grace us with her sprightly presence. Thank you.

That was not my intention at all Grondy Smile Smilie I just miss her in the threads .That's all

Mellon is the most level headed thoughtful and kind person anyone could hope to meet in Middle-Earth or anywhere else.
hugs and I must say whenever I think of you I see ice reflected in silvery beams of light and a single beautiful flower blossoming in the midst of it.
And the award for one-that-disappears-and-reappears-the-most goes to...not me! I only resurface every six months or so when I am released on O.R. Lord only knows if I'll stay! I will say that it is good to see PT thriving and with so many enthusiastically contributing newbies, as well as the oldies-but-goodies! By the way, hi to everyone!!! I love you all! (starts sobbing hysterically)I missed you! You're my heroes! My pants are torn! My walls are white and show every smudge in the universe!

I need to take my medicine now...
Welcome back Laurelindhe, see you around the threads if you ever can....

Leelee, I think you need to go to the thread Describe the person above you in the Ivy Bush Tavern, you seem to be good at it Orc Smiling Smilie
Me good at something. Hey your cheque will be in the mail directly. But I shall go. Smile Smilie
Quote:
I must say whenever I think of you I see ice reflected in silvery beams of light and a single beautiful flower blossoming in the midst of it.

Please enter Smile Smilie Thanks Leelee for your kind wordsSmile Smilie
April Awards

(I have finished rereading 900+ page World History book over the course of these three to four weeks and am now ready to plunge out of that tangle of politics and economics and into planet-tolkien again!) How dear all of you seem, and how much I've been missed! *sniff* I am hardly fit to give more awards, since I have been absent so long, and to acquaint myself with your most recent doings will be arduous, but I am a pixie, after all....

Peacekeeper: Grondmaster (I wasn't really fighting with Vir... that comment was pure venom though I am surprised myself that I could have uttered it)
Mr. Niceties: Elessar Lossehelin (thank you for your welcome gift to me)
Most technical: Virumor (what a scholar, and what an iron mind!)B
lossom of Joy: surely everybody on PT can feel the cheery spring!
Most Accepting: Sian o'the Green (I could never accept good advice, I'm still too pumped by my ego, but you, oh I must admire you!)
Miss Logical-Arguments: Laurelindhe ilmarin (phew... that name alone could merit an award!)
Sweety Tweety: Leelee (you seem be singing your posts rather than typing them)
Most Newly Infatuated: Fionwe Urion (new girl from the dance, eh? not seeing her again? NONSENSE! I'll bring my faery tricks to your wedding)
Treehugger: (what, none? Oh for shame! Have the Ents really gone extinct?)
Mr. Gruffy: Thorin (It's the beard...)
the Saruman of PT: I really don't see anybody as sly, word-twisting, or treacherous as this wizard. However, if you have any candidates, please push them forward
Best hiker: Galin (your name sounds rather outdoorsy and Ranger-ish)
the Fingolfin of PT: (let's see...who here has ever gotten incensed enough to go PMing a CM abusively and getting a good old thrashing follwed by extinction on PT before? No one, glad to hear it, too)
the Galadriel of PT: I've finally decided that Amarie is indeed stern, beautiful, and wise at the same time. (Vee would've gotten the movie-monster-Galadriel award if I'd a mind to give it)
Miss Pining: Mellon (you do seem to miss me)
Most Well-Informed: Grondmaster (how did you know about my studying? I couold have been clubbing for all you know)
Most imaginative: Gildor Inglorion (you deserve this one, m'boy)
Least Compromising: It's a draw between Virumor and LordofAll

Alright now, the awards have been dished out. Now you may savour them, and for those who didn't get one, and need desperate consolation, PM the Greeny Beloved and you'll get special compliments from she who was given quite a misnomer of "Evenstar".

(Really, Leelee, I could never be Evenstar. I lack a certain...gravity)

With a flick of the wing,
Cloveress
Quote:
Mr. Niceties: Elessar Lossehelin (thank you for your welcome gift to me)

Thank you Clover, and anytime, snow, sleet, rain, shine, (maybe not Lightening Storms), hail, middle of the night, light showers, I will always be here, (unless of course it is a Lightening Storm and a Power-Cut makes it impossible Orc Smiling Smilie )

How can you lack a certain Gravity??? You have wings....... you can have whatever gravity you please Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Quote:
Mr. Gruffy: Thorin (It's the beard...)

Thank you very much...at least someone recognize the value of my beard :hahahah: Elk Grinning Smilie
Quote:
Most imaginative: Gildor Inglorion (you deserve this one, m'boy)

I do?
Quote:
How can you lack certain gravity?

Gravity in the sense of being grave and solemn. I mean, seriously, I am more like Puck than Luthien...

Quote:
I do?

Yeppers, matey!

And Thorin, how can anybody NOT take note of that remarkable beard? It protrudes from your chin as if it's been smeared with gel. I say, it does look positively stiff!

Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord what fools these pixies be!
Quote:
Call me Cloverless again and I will set five Balrogs on your tail

Only five? It wouldnt be fair for the poor beasts!

Well my green lady what should you be called then?
Oh but my dearest Cloveress remember that it took nearly a couple of thousand years to perfect that certain 'gravity' that became part of the lovely Arwen Evenstar. So I stand firm in naming you she. Noone else in my heart can be her save you.
Sweety Tweety? hahahahahahaha,I am blusing. Makes me sound like that little bird with a sugary mouth. I shall try to be sterner in my posts. Oh forget that, when you live in Faerieland it rubs off on you like it or not.
I am always fascinated how your mind works in determining who is what. Are you a psychology major or something, you seem to have a knack for tearing away the tissue that we wrap ourselves in and showing us in our er.......nakedness somehow. wow.
Quote:
Most Newly Infatuated: Fionwe Urion (new girl from the dance, eh? not seeing her again?

Thanks, I hope to see her again, but she lives about a 80 miles away, doesn't go to my church, and isn't in my homeschool group, nor am I in hers, so there isn't much chance of our crossing paths again Orc Sad Smilie . Except maybe at next years dance, but that's a long time away. Unfortunately. But thanks Smile Smilie , it's not the kind of award I thought I'd ever get, but neither did I ever think this would happen. Gives a sweeping bow to the ever bright fairy Cloveress.
Quote:
And Thorin, how can anybody NOT take note of that remarkable beard? It protrudes from your chin as if it's been smeared with gel. I say, it does look positively stiff!

Sure i use dwarven gel from the glittering caves. The best gel ever! Elk Grinning Smilie
Quote:
NONSENSE! I'll bring my faery tricks to your wedding)

Hmm, I just noticed that. Now you're making me nervous. lol

Quote:
Let us be nice please people, or at least kindly! That last statement sounded a bit too personal to me.

Quote:
O! Cutting words from a wench's barbed mouth, indeed!

Ha, talk about personal. You know, if Vir were a little younger, I'd say we should match Cloveress and Vir together, they bicker so much. Big Smile Smilie
Arath, you shall call me by my rightful name, Cloveress, or else by my intimate name, Clover. but though I must admit to not having the power to command five Balrogs after you (I am in no league with those hideous beasts), I can make life even more miserable for you... Just you watch and wait...

I don't bicker... when did I ever bicker? I simply throw vicious, venomous, vehement words at the equally, vicious, venomous , and vehement Virumor (That little rhyme was quite something). No room for two lions on Pride Rock! Don't even try the pairing.

"Oh what a sourpussy is our Vir
Always dampening pixie cheer."

Gimli, I might borrow some of that gel for certain purposes yet unknown. Send it to me. You know my address in Pixieland.

And Leelee, I absolutely am NOT a pysch major. I have never taken such a course in my life, nor do I plan to anytime in the near future. You'll find out, as you get comfy in our happy family, that many awards I give are based upon absolutely nothing but the figments of my imagination.
Sorry clover but i don't know your address.
Last I heard, Cloveress's snail mail address was:

Miss Cloveress
Pixie Arms Penthouse
(Seventh Toadstool on the Left)
Fields of Clover
Beleriand, Endor

Though I don't know if she still resides there.
Quote:
Miss Pining: Mellon (you do seem to miss me)

Big Laugh Smilie You KNOW that I do Clover ... thanksSmile Smilie
Aha! You are back! So, how'd the trip go? I am a little envious. How in the world did you get to go on a trip at this time of year? Envious pixies are not what you want around you, Mellon.

And you have been informed correctly of my address, Thorin. Grondy knows me best, he's been in corrspondence with me for a long time. Of course, all he ever sends are dirty dwarf chin-hairs by the wind...
Quote:
Envious pixies are not what you want around you, Mellon

I don't mind CloverSmile Smilie I'll send you a private message about the trip .Good to see you are back as well. I bet you have been stydying hard as usualSmile Smilie Thanks again for the award Clover
Eerrgh... Don't talk to me about studying. I am sick of World History now. Russia and Latin American revolutions, and all that mess Europe was in in the medieval period, not to mention the mess in Africa before colonialism there, and then, you have the mess in China with the Communists and the Nationalists, and that's only a part of that mess of a 900+ paged book!

But you're welcome for your award, Mellon. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Oh, and the May awards should be out pretty soon now. The April ones came a bit late, so I'm just gonna let time lapse awhile before I give out the new batch.
  << [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] >>