Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: serioursly...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > serioursly...   
i think the forums could be more optimal if you have the most recent posts appear at the top of the screen (instead of the 'out-of-date') So we don't have to hunt down, the most recent point of view.
I like it this way better. I have tried, on other sites, having the newest post at the top of the page, but I've found it to be a little counter-intuitive to read. This way people can scan through what has already been said and come up with a better response than if they just read the latest post. Also, it makes the reading flow so much better- instead of reading downwards, then jumping up, which makes it really awkward and limping almost, you can read continuously down the page...
Wow...sorry for the book. This has bothered me on other sites, and so I've put an absurd amount of thought into it. Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Quote:
Wow...sorry for the book. This has bothered me on other sites, and so I've put an absurd amount of thought into it.

Fair Enough....

Although i find the threads with many posts that take up many pages are usually read and replied to by long time users, whom already know what the post is about.

I can see where you are comming from with you comment. And i can understand it's not hard to click the button that takes you to the newest post on the last page, but i just find the usually people replying to posts have either already replied to them and know the topic or can quite easily read up on the latest posts.

I just presume it would be quicker to have the latest post at the top of the thread, but that's just me.