Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Who is on?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Suggestions > Who is on?   
If you scroll down to the bottome of a lot of websites...they'll tell you who is online...how many visitors and such...any chance of this happening here? It'd be great for us forum posters to know who else was on...especially concerning RPG's and such! Smile Smilie
I AGREE ABOUT THE PART OF THE RPG'S!!
Just add your RPG-buddies to your buddy list. The you can see when they last logged in, if they are online now and you can send them a PM.

Also, if you look at a post, you can see if the person who wrote it is online or not.
I would say aye to that suggestion, but this isn't really an RPG site, there is only one constant RPG, (maybe two) though it is has not been popular lately... It would be a waste of time, making a big change in the system, when it's going to be used by only a few of the usual RPGer's... Plus, the time taken might be used to add something else that everyone can use... *nudges CMs* Orc Smiling Smilie

Hey... Ama and I have the same amount of posts Elf Winking Smilie
Quote:
the time taken might be used to add something else that everyone can use... *nudges CMs* Orc Smiling Smilie

Nudging the CMs can't get the job done; you need to nudge Grep, the Webmaster and owner of Planet-Tolkien.com. Orc Grinning Smilie
Quote:
Nudging the CMs can't get the job done; you need to nudge Grep

Well, it would not have much of an impact if we lowly ones nudge the Master, so....

*Nudges CMs to nudge The Master* Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I'd like to see this as well - it was very cool to know someone was reading the same part of the forum that you were, and were likely to reply! The php board we were using aaaagess ago had this, it was great Big Smile Smilie Going and looking at your buddies list isn't really the same thing, I don't know if I'd do that before coming in here, I don't like the my account system at all, it's very clumsy to use, and if the server is being at all slow, I'd rather be looking at something else.
i like that idea it's good. if someone is online they would reply each other.after all its easy.
It's not a bad idea. In fact sometimes though the counter is indicating say 200 people online I get the impression it's only visitors. An area allowing us to know which member is online would be great! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
yeah you are right thorin . and about the chat room system. if there is its easy and having chat with member is great. Elf Smilie Pary Smilie
The chat room was closed as majority of CMs could not monitor it everyday (they do have lives outside the Planet Orc Smiling Smilie )... and monitoring was a complete must, if we were to maintain a family friendly website through and through...

Alot of changes are to be made to the site... But later my pretties... Later... Bad! Smilie
I think thee status indicator is also down. I am online but it shows me as offline

Thorin Oakenshield
has made 3743 posts is a Dwarf from Moria and is not Online.
Quote:
I think thee status indicator is also down. I am online but it shows me as offline

Yes it does seem to be broken, I will look into getting it fixed immediately.

Regarding the ability to see whether members are online or not, I think this is a brilliant idea! Currently the site displays the number of people (visitors) online at the top of the site, as you've correctly deduced, this isn't necessarily logged-in members, but also includes casual people passing through the website, usually hitting the biography or certain elfen and hobbit name generation threads which seems to get a lot of search traffic.

I'll get working on your suggestions over the next day or two and update in this thread once it's been done Thumbs Up Smilie
Quote:
Yes it does seem to be broken, I will look into getting it fixed immediately.

It's now fixed