Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Private message problems

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Help > Private message problems   
The most amazing thing happened to me today: I tried sending a private postBody, and it worked! It actually worked! First time on! Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie And again, I owe it all to Taz:

Quote:
The error only seems to happen for myself on 'Replying' to postBodys, sending works fine. Now, if just reply leaving the postBody subject intact then you will get that 'Could not enter data into the database' postBody. However try deleting the subject on your reply and putting in a new one. You should, like myself find this to be a workable solution.

It works folks! And if you don't use any smilies, I think it works even better. Go on and try it then. It works for me. Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie

Yep, I`m having them to. Don`t ask me how to fix it though, I don`t have a clue, Taz or one of the council members may know though. I do hope that it helps.
I have such problems too Tommie.
I don't know about you but I used to put smiles on the Subject line and the postBody won't send.
Without them everything seems to be just fine.
If that's not it I guess Taz should deal with it when he's got the time to.
This has been happening to me too. I find that if I use the back botton on my browser, then try to send it again, it will usually go. Sometimes I have to do this 2 or 3 times, but it will go through eventually.
I have a theory that perhaps the server is really busy at the time I am sending the postBody and that is why I have to keep trying.
Just to be safe, I highlight and copy the postBody so I will not have to compose it again, just in case I lose it. Big Smile Smilie
yeah, Plastic saggested that to me once when I was having probs, I found out that it helped because I lost the postBody quite often. Smile Smilie
I I've had them before, but then when I tried again, after 2 or 3 times it would send it. Now it doesn't. Sad Smilie And yes it is a pain in the you-know-what, Rhodry. Tongue Smilie

Grondy, I got your postBody ok, so you can send all right I guess. I wanted to reply but I couldn't, so... Tongue Smilie

Well I do hope it can be fixed. A bit relieved I'm not the only one having them though. Cool Smilie
I got your reply on what you said was the third time Tommie. All I can suggest is that before you send your postBody, you copy it so you won't have to write it twice or even worse, three times.
I cannot send PM's either. It says the same to me that it says to Tommy. I can recieve them fine however. Elda: I recieved yours, thanks, but sorry I cannot respond because it won't work for me.
It was actually the fourth time, Grondy, but never mind. It got there. Big Laugh Smilie And it's working fine for me today. Don't know what got into it. Tongue Smilie

And copying is the right thing to do. Otherwise you get so impatient and god knows what else you stop trying. And apparently it will work eventually. Maybe we should try talking to it? Tongue Smilie
Quote:
Maybe we should try talking to it? Tongue Smilie

Or you could send it a PM? Wink Smilie
lol

Well, I saw in Taz's To Do List that the problem should be fixed, I hope it is.
lol @ Plastic Very Big Grin Smilie

Hrmm. It wasn't for me. After 4 or 5 times I managed to send you one, Mellie, so if it's fixed, I haven't noticed. Tongue Smilie

[Edited on 20/4/2003 by TomBombadillo]
Quote:
lol

Well, I saw in Taz's To Do List that the problem should be fixed, I hope it is.
I think that may have been a problem with the journals, not the PMs. Happy Elf Smilie

[Edited on 20/4/2003 by Grondmaster]
It's an odd error I will give you guys that and as I am off out drinking here is a quick fix I found.

The error only seems to happen for myself on 'Replying' to postBodys, sending works fine. Now, if just reply leaving the postBody subject intact then you will get that 'Could not enter data into the database' postBody. However try deleting the subject on your reply and putting in a new one. You should, like myself find this to be a workable sollution.
I`ve never got this straight, but I have to sort it out. How do you send a PM? Can you go over it step by step with me?Please... Big Smile Smilie

The thin I can`t understand is where the 'to' box is. I can`t see it anywhere.... Sad Smilie Very Sad Smilie
Quote:
The thin I can`t understand is where the 'to' box is. I can`t see it anywhere....

Go to the label on the main page that says "My account" There you will find a label that says "Private postBodys", click on it.

When you want to send a PM just click "Send" right next to the "Delete" button, it works the same way as "Compose" Smoke Smilie

Hope this helps you Sheryl!

[Edited on 21/4/2003 by Celebrian]
Quick question; am I the only one that has got big problems with PT today? And yesterday for that matter...I can't log in,gotta try a million times , I can't Pm, when I hit the "page top" button nothing happens and I can't reply on posts...I really hope I got it this time...just a matter of minutes before I'm logged out again Angry Elf Smilie
Celebrian: I was here late Sunday and early Monday GMT for about seven hours and had no difficulty; however, you may be trying to access the Website when a lot of other people also are. I think the server can only handle so much traffic before it starts to bog down. I have had that problem in the past where in eats my posts because it takes to long to get through and after I lose the second one I usually throw up my hands in frustration and go make music, play a game, or watch TV. Servers: Grump! Orc Sad Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Yeah maybe that is the problem? Now it is night here with me, but the PM thingy is still disfunctional...Maybe the only solution is to stop coming in here?
Computers are not my friends.... Smile Smilie
Quote:
Maybe the only solution is to stop coming in here?
No it isn't Celebrian. If you try that I will be forced to glue, tie and staple you to the chair to make you stay. And I can do it too, I know where you live! Wink Smilie

Computers... Super Scared Smilie
Celebrain, I keep getting that meesage up after trying to send back a PM, it`s annoying me! Mad Smilie A mad moment there just after I jumped over the moon! (Go to 'Golden Purch' 'Where`s Aule' and you`ll find out why. Wink Smilie
Well, I feel sorry for you all, but I'm not having any PM problems.
Sheryl is delirious with envy now! Okay, I must get this sorted out!
I think the people who are having PM problems, might all be due to storage issues. Could everyone who has had this 'PM' issue please let me know how many old PM's you had in your inbox when you recieved this error?. Thank-You.

... Why? Well I had about ten old PM's in my inbox when I kept getting this error, on deleting them It seems to work fine. Let me know.
I don't think it is to do with the number you have stored, because I sent three PMs today, and they all worked first time; I had twelve in my inbox.
I've got 46 in mine, but most of the time mine sends okay. Occasionally I have to try sending it more than once to get it out of the door, but as that's only a matter of clicking a "retry" button, it's something that's never really bothered me.
I never have any postBodys in my inbox, so that can't be the problem?