Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: weather????

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Help > weather????   
im sure this covered somewhere else, but im really tired and i dont think ill be able to sleep til i know the answer to this question: What is the weather stuff for? does it really affect anything? why is it snowing in Rivendell? its not a blizzard is it? i know what blizzards are like and i dont really think that there would be a blizzard in Rivendell. the elves wouldnt like that too much.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone please explain to me so i can sleep easier at night!
thanks
So far the weather only effects what it costs to send private messages to members. Open "help" under "your account" in the left side menu. Click on M and read about mithril and messages. Smile Smilie

I hope you haven't stayed awake untill now. Good Morning Smilie
So is the weather system currently under repair or is it just me when it shows the following on my screen everytime I log in:

Quote:
Warning: fopen(weather/hobbiton_updated.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/anthony/webs/www.planet-tolkien.com/includes/weather.php on line 101

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/anthony/webs/www.planet-tolkien.com/includes/weather.php on line 102

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/anthony/webs/www.planet-tolkien.com/includes/weather.php on line 103

Thanks!
It's not just you. I've been seeing the thing too, doesn't affe ct life much, but I do miss the cute little weather signals... I remember Lothlorien used to rain a lot. Must have something to do with the trees.

But as the council has introduced so many new locations, it's quite obvious that we'll have to wait a while for Grep to get them all in order...
We must be patient, my preciousssssss.
As Grep does the delicate surgery on the inner workings of PT we will see some strange things happening.
It will help him if you just email him at Ant@planet-tolkien.com and describe the problem.
um, is the weather coming back at all!!???, i wont sleep unless i know the answer to this *yawn*
brave you. having been awake for so long now...
i know im wasting away *sob* someone answer me *sob sob*
Quote:
Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody ever does anything about it.

I for one think there are many more needed P-T features than the missing local weather reports. I vote we forgo them until we can get our smilies back and move posts.