Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: help!!!

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Help > help!!!   
soz, this may sound stupid but how do u reply to peoples messages?? i can reply to the end of a thread, but if u start a thread and want to reply to someone whos replied to u, how do u do it??

ok, u can tell im new to these message boards...

Elf Confused Smilie
Just hit the reply button and reply. You just have to make sure you are logged in at all times, otherwise there won't be any reply button. It happens frequently members get logged out.
ok i hope this works... how do i know who im replying to??
Quote:
ok i hope this works... how do i know who im replying to??
You use the yellow icon button that looks like a comic book speech balloon, by putting them on both sides of the copied text to which you are replying. However, you don't really need to do this if you are replying to the last made post, only if there were intervening ones. Or you can just address the name of the person that made the post and I often highlight the name by using the B for bold icon button. Like:

Isawien: I hope this helped you.
ok thanx Grondmaster!! just wheres this icon button?? cant seem to find it... im useless!!
ok you have the light greyish box that you type in (after you hit reply in thread). and above that box you see B I U then a quote bubble, globe, a check for spell checker, and a smilie.

If you desire to quote or bold someting. then you highlight the text after typing it. and click the appropriate button.

Do you get it.

I could give you a quick lesson on html (hyper text markup language) i believe. But it wouldn't be worth it, because most all of the fancy stuff that it is capable of, is not appropriate for the forum threads. And the sites bandwidth is limited.
Quote:
cant seem to find it... im useless!!
No one is usless Isawien; some just have more training than others. If you need help and ask questions, someone will almost always have the answer to help bring you up to speed. As long as you use this to learn, and don't keep asking the same questions over and over, everyone will happily gain by it. Teacher Smilie
so...

Quote:
ok you have the light greyish box that you type in (after you hit reply in thread). and above that box you see B I U then a quote bubble, globe, a check for spell checker, and a smilie.
these make my message bold, italic or underlined....

or...

Quote:
You use the yellow icon button that looks like a comic book speech balloon

thats all?? ok, easy!! got it!! i think!! Elf Rolling Eyes Smilie
Quote:
thats all?? ok, easy!! got it!! i think!!

Another satisfied customer. Enjoy the site.