Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: changing enail address?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website Help > changing enail address?   
So I want to change my email address on my profile.

I go into my account, edit profile, type in my new email addy, click the update button... success!! Your profile has been updated successfully... redirecting you in 1 second...

The email address hasn't changed.

I type in my new email address and click update in a more decisive nature to convince the computer of my authority.

Your profile has been updated successfully... redirecting you in 1 second...

My email address is still the old one.

Okay, so I take a deep breath, and go and read a couple of journals, message a person or two then come back to account, change profile details to see if it has bowed down before my superior will.

My email address is still my old one.

So I change it, restrain myself from hitting the keyboard and firmly click the update button.

Your profile has been updated successfully... redirecting you in 1 second...

You want to guess?

My @%^#$%^ email adress is unchanged!!!

Now, I don't want to just to conclusions, this could simply be a relationship issue between me and your server, but maybe there is something wrong here?

Otherwise please direct me to the nearest course in how to make my stupid computer do what I want!!!
I'm also experiencing the same problem. The email I had used to register is no longer in use as I have lost my password. So i really need to change my email address but the same thing happens as 42 described. Can anyone help me?
send me the updated information. ant@planet-tolkien.com and I'll change it for you!
Ok Grep I've sent you the mail with the new details. Thanks for your help. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
I DID IT!

To update your profile information you have to fill in ALL of the blank fields in the relevant section. I even added Oakenshield to my name. COOL! Orc Grinning Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Elk Grinning Smilie
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien Thorin Oakenshield! Beware of another dwarfy lookin' fellow, I'd avoid him, his prone to saying hurtful things about me and my kin... Pesky rascal! Orc Smiling Smilie

Good to see your name in full swing Thooorin!!! Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie... I'm surprised that you hadn't noticed the edit profile section before... It's been up and running for a while now, I shortened my name to plain Loss quite a while back... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Yes Loss I got wind of him. Don't worry, I like Nazgul just as much as he did! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

Actually I had noticed it for a long time but I didn't know if you had to fill in all the details before the server would accept your changes. Elk Grinning Smilie

well i have got a problem with editing profile as 42.but this is about changing name and country
i want to change my name....... so .......Elf Confused Smilie

I go into my account, edit profile and then i typed then i clicked update button "success!! Your profile has been updated successfully... redirecting you in 1 second..." but it hasn't changed (as 42 said.)

the next is i want put Srilanka as my country but i didn't find Srilanka in the combo box. Sad Smilie

i hope that Grondmaster will solve my problem tooooooooo
The profile is not visible to anyone but you, so there is no need to change name or country. Or for us to add any countries to the list. Sorry!

I changed my name and e-mail without any problems. Did you do like Thorin said?
Quote:
fill in ALL of the blank fields in the relevant section.

Names, age, and so on.

You still have no avatar I see. I'll go and remind Grep.
all right without any problem i did that ...... Ha Ha Ha Smilie i filled every black... thank you allBig Smile Smilie
What ever happened to that nice Samadhi that used to frequent these pages? Elf Confused Smilie
yeah i am trying to....... Smile Smilie and i see Grondmaster tooo.... it's great and every one like if every thread is active..we could have good discussions.. Happy Elf Smilie