Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: What do you think about the site?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > What do you think about the site?   [1] [2] [3] >>
TOOT! TOOT! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Itīs hillarious!!! Especialy the forums and chatroom.
It's great Thumbs Up Smilie
I still can't belive it !!!(accually i can Wink Smilie ) , but this is the best site ever.rr in one word, i'd say it's either-rr Astonishing or Exceptional .rr But, it trully is wonderful(great) and Taz(and everyone else) put a lot of efort into it Big Smile Smilierr Wiggle Smilie
i think it is the best place to be...,because there is everything that could interest anybody...,however...,i think that the best here is the people that hangs around here....,very nice and warm if i can say so.....

it is jus simply great..... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I agree with you completely! I simply just LOVE this site! It's the best place ever!! And a GREAT THANK YOU HUG to Taz, PT's creator! Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie
Thank you all for those kind words!!!
This site is truly amazing and I agree with Thingol about the people here... Puppy Smilie
Well here's a good thread for me to post on, im trying so hard to get my 50 posts so i can go up in ranks. This site is swell, everyone is so special and neat. I've met alot of really nice people on in the chatroom. They hug me alot Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie Smile Smilie Cool Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Angel Smilie Elf Winking Smilie Duck Smilie
thrust me, you great zepelin-fan.....,i do share your opinion....100%
I don't know about the kissing, but we do have supervised, platonic, innocent hugs over in the chat. Every now and then someone get's a little too "happy", but for the most part it's all about the hugs and kind words. I think this site is also great because that's what people are telling me to say. I smell a scandal. Serching Smilie
Well Komosot I am glad you like the post!And thanks for the kind words Perwing Angel Smilie
I hope this site will keep growing untill...well I just hope it will keep growing Smoke Smilie

HAVE FUN!!!
I for one agree with Taz entirely.
I love it here! I Love You Smilie
Everybody is so nice and I marvel at the insight people here have. Today I've been here for hours, it's highly adictive! Big Laugh Smilie
I think this is a great site! Everyone gets along, and all the members are nice people! Big Smile Smilie
It's okay, I suppose. I wouldn't spend much time here though Big Laugh Smilie
Just great!!!! Jumping Flame Smilie
Nice design, nice people.....and huge!!!Although I have been here since more than a month I havenīt read a big part of the forum....... Pixie Smilie
The site is really good, hard work lies behind the of making of it, I'm sure Taz agrees. The posts are insightful and reflected though they sometimes are funny and meaningless, wich is a good thing Wink Smilie
We are one big weird family in her. For my part, I have gained new friends and I have learned that I'm not alone when I'm troubled and tired of the world. People in here look out for eachother and really care if somethings happens. And even though discussions can get quite loud, people never get personal! We don't have to share others point of view, but we still respect them and their meanings. We are all individuals in here. So I'm really glad that you have decided to join us Elda, I'm looking forward getting to know you Elf Winking Smilie
one site to rule them all
one site to find them
one site to bring them all
and in the holiness bind them!

Awesome site!
Thanks Taz and everyone else who helped make this site!
Beautiful... Wiggle Smilie
Thank you Celebrian! Juggling Smilie
You're welcome! Big Smile Smilie
I quite like it.

(one of my smallest posts EVER)
that is true musicimprovedme....., for what i have seen...,your posts are a little bit.....mmhmhmh....ŋlarger? Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

celebrian....your avatar is too much the style of amariëīs avatar....,did you two got them somewhere or you drew them?.... Thumbs Up Smilie
I made them! And i bullied Taz untill we got ot use them, 'cause only council members was allowed to have coustom made avatars befor we came along. And we were still strangers! Well, actually I made a drawing. (See fan art "noavatar4me" and read the story at http://www.home.no/viz/art.htm )

/me hugs the Fluffy Fraggle. You just gotta love the Fluffy one!! Big Smile Smilie

v.good amarie...,

well, i actually asked the same question somewhere else Smoke Smilie ..., so if you check this thread first.....,do not answer the other one...anyhow i will edit it...., if i can remember where the heck i posted it.... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie

thnx for the answer.... i still wait for the pic to appear in your site... Smile Smilie
Well, Thingol, I am here now and leaving a few posts. lol
and of course we are still pen pals
lol you are a great friend to have on the net.

I have to second what Val said. it is not just the council that makes this site great. It is the members! Let me tell you I think we have so great members
Quote:
The site is really good, hard work lies behind the of making of it, I'm sure Taz agrees. The posts are insightful and reflected though they sometimes are funny and meaningless, wich is a good thing Wink Smilie
We are one big weird family in her. For my part, I have gained new friends and I have learned that I'm not alone when I'm troubled and tired of the world. People in here look out for eachother and really care if somethings happens. And even though discussions can get quite loud, people never get personal! We don't have to share others point of view, but we still respect them and their meanings. We are all individuals in here. So I'm really glad that you have decided to join us Elda, I'm looking forward getting to know you Elf Winking Smilie

Celebrian, I couldn't have said it better myself. I am so amazed at all the friends I have made here. And I am also always amazed at the insightfulness of the posts, and the little meaningless ones to lighten things up too of course Wink Smilie This is by far the best site I have come across, everyone is so genuinly caring, and so enthusiastic about Tolkien! Big Smile Smilie
Well, what is left to say? Everyone prety much summed everything up that I was going to say. Great, nice people, wonderful chat room, awesome forum, and I felt like a part of a family the minute I joined. I couldn't have found a better Tolkien site if I had looked all my life! It was really easy to get involved really quickly, and the wonderful people made it that much easier. Thanks everyone, I hope I get to know you all really well (I know some people pretty good, and they are great!).The chats never cease to make me laugh! (and we do like our hugs! Making Out Smilie ) Thanks again everyone!
Yes Cano, it is a great place to be. Gotta watch some of these guys though...PlasticSquirrel is a sam-hater and gives out cuddly badgers (want one? I can be persuaded to get rid of mine...) and Ross hates the movies. And Val ?????? ??????? through his nose. And I write VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY long posts. Very Big Grin Smilie

We do have a lot of fun here, and I'm relatively new, sharing your thoughts that it was warm and hospitable from the beginning. But underneath all the goofball stuff, we LOVE Tolkien and there is some GREAT literary discussion here.

[Edited on 25/2/2003 by Taz]
I am so glad all of you enjoy this site as much as I do. It is the best place in the world to spend some quality time. Tongue Smilie
I've just worked out that I'm spending around a fifth of my life at the moment either here or writing bits for the site. Grondy and Taz must be putting in even more than that.

I've just scared myself.
Quote:
I've just worked out that I'm spending around a fifth of my life at the moment either here or writing bits for the site. Grondy and Taz must be putting in even more than that

I have decided that it is in my own best interest to avoid doing such calculations. Big Smile Smilie
Wow Val, that is rather unerving...but I for one am glad you do, I like having you here. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
I've just worked out that I'm spending around a fifth of my life at the moment either here or writing bits for the site. Grondy and Taz must be putting in even more than that.

I've just scared myself.

You should not be scared val...., after all, we all apreciate you people are here...., because if you were not here...., well, what a boring world this would be.... Wink Smilie

Quote:
I have decided that it is in my own best interest to avoid doing such calculations.

thrust me , Rednell...., i do not want to do calculations neither..... Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
My problem is i am spending more time in chat, lately. I do not want to even think about how much time i spend there.
I know Mellie, so do I. But don't worry yourself, I love having you in chat and miss you when you aren't there. Big Smile Smilie
well, melly, since I can not logg in the chat...., well, i have to admit that me as sam, have missed your posts and your postBodys too much...., but I understand that since you are a council member...., well you need to have priorities....even though I would like you to bee here.. Wink Smilie ..

as a famous band sang once...."how i wish,....how I wish you were here"..... Smoke Smilie

(still pen-pal????? Cyclops Smilie )
Big hug and thank you to the council! Kiss Smilie

Big hug and thank you to every member around here! Kiss Smilie

I've been around for a long time here at PT, but I've loved it since I first had a look around the old-old-old forum Tongue Smilie and I still love it now. It's my home around the net, it's where I have my friends and where I can be myself. *sniff* ( Animated Wink Smilie ) Thanks all for being there and I hope you all will stay around a bit longer cos if you didn't I'd be around here on my own and that wouldn't half be as much fun as it is now so please stay so we can have fun together. lol Cool Smilie
Thank you all for your kind words. What we do here is a labour of love, but it's really nice to know we are appreciated. As I've said in similar posts, however. It's not just us on the council that makes this site work, it's down to the contributions and efforts of all of our members. We have a great community here, and everything each one of you contibutes to this forum benefits everyone else. Thankyou to you all.

Hey, Tommie, we're missing you, lass. Don't forget to keep popping in.

Thnx melly....., Cyclops Smilie

well, actually I have to admit that for a hermit as myself...,well I find myself really comfortable....among all of you guys.... Wiggle Smilie
Great side!!!!!!!! Cool Smilie
Thanks Fat Hobbit, and welcome here yourself. I hope you continue to enjoy yourself here.
Fat Hobbit, let me second what Val said. Welcome to Planet-Tolkien. I hope you enjoy it. There are lots of things to do and learn here. Check out the Writer's Guild, the Quenya Guild, the Reading Discussion Group or the Tolkien Weekly Classes. We also have lots of Tavens where you can tell us all about yourself, and of course there is Chat. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Oh, btw, I love your nick name. lol

Mellie
And I thought Grondy would be mad at me posting this kinda of a "I am new" postBody.But seems that everyone is happy sharing their opinion hence I am happy Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
And I thought Grondy would be mad at me posting this kinda of a "I am new" postBody
Like all postThreadIDy workplaces there are places we'd prefer new Members to post their, "I'm New" postBodys, but that's mainly to keep the place postThreadIDy. There are several New Members Threads scattered through the Taverns which are the ideal place to introduce yourselves, but we accept new members don't know their way around here like the rest of us, and so sometimes don't find the relevant threads.

Occasionally we have a bout of springcleaning and move the ones that are in the wrong places to some place better. Obviously, if every new member posted their own thread to say, "I'm new", we'd have 2000+ new threads littering the boards which would swamp the other stuff. For this reason, it is preferable if these sort of posts occurred within an existing thread.

Generally, however, these posts are not really requirred at all as regular members tend to spot the newcomers and say "hi" to them anyway.
After what Val just wrote, I wouldn't dare to be mad at you Fat-Hobbit. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie They express my sentiments as well. Welcome to our forum. Happy Elf Smilie
I was Dunce Smilie who got a Teacher Smilie and now I feel Elf With a Big Grin Smilie and Juggling Smilie !!!
I really LOVE this place!
Welcome to PT, kingofzion! Big Smile Smilie Seriously though, you can't love it as much as I do. Smoke Smilie
Welcome to the site kingofzion. I love this site too. I hope you stick around and enjoy yourself here.
Welcome to the site, kingofzion. I'm pleased you like it here. Smile Smilie
  [1] [2] [3] >>