Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Greatest personal p-t moment

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > Greatest personal p-t moment   
I think my moment begun when I realized how wonderfull the people in here were, with Taz and Rednell as the ones closes to my heart.

It started when I recived the reply from Taz after sending my first drawing in an desperate attempt to get attention and a password, and found out what a great guy he was. I wasn't sure if I should send it but Celebrian said I should. I imagined he would him to roll his eyes and go "Jiiz, what is this girls problem, why does she send me such sh*t". I never expected him to like it as much as he did, and it made me so happy! So nice to have someone to send my silly drawings too and who really like them. Big Smile Smilie

And then I met everybody in here, and they were all so nice and wonderfull, especially Rednell. She is caring, friendly, she laughs at my silly jokes and truly a wonderfull person. And she was practically the only one online when I came to chat so she's the one I got to know best.

Other than that I think beeing allowed to have my own avatar, becoming a friend and then a ranger and awarded Post of the Week were really great. Big Smile Smilie
I think mine was when I first joined and found Grondy and Plastic had replied to my first post, welcoming me to the site. Being invited onto the Council was very special too.
I think mine was when I first came on to the newbies thread and Val and Tommy and Nell and Mellie, and oh, a lot of other people, welcomed me onto PT. It just gave me a really great feeling.
I also remember the first time I went into the chatroom, I had never been in one before so I really didn't know what to expect. But Nell and Grondy were there and it was a completly different experience from what I'd expected. Not that I expected anything bad, but I didn't expect that PT would become like home to me.
I also have been really amazed by the insight of the posts, I've had a lot of 'aahh' moments here... Big Smile Smilie

[Edited on 12/4/2003 by Samwisegamgee]
In addition to having a lot of moments where I just get my head together after writing something...could be Tolkien related or not...but always a self-discovery for me, I would say that the best times for me are just reading new thoughts from everyone here and learning something new or just having a laugh with likeminded people.

Nah. I'm lying. I liked getting post of the week. Both times.
Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie
This thread has been on my mind all evening. I have been trying to decide what to put here.

I was very nervous when I made my first post and was quite concerned that everyone would hate my opinions and me. Therefore, the first time someone responded to me, I was shocked and excited. Then I went into chat and talked to Nell, and Taz. That was such a great experience. I have been hooked ever since.

Being admitted to the council was another great moment here at PT. It was so amazing, and I actually cried because I was so happy. PT has truly become like a family to me.

I have met several wonderful people here with whom I love to chat. (Nell, Perwing, Sam, Littleirena, Calenthang, Rhodry, Aire, Amarie, Celebrain, I could go on and on and on, but at the moment it is after 1am and I am really tired. I really don't believe that I could make a list of everyone here that has made this place so special to me.) I have made some special friends here and feel so blessed to be able to get to know them so well.

Btw, this is my 1200th post!!!!!!!!! I am really excited about that. Another PT moment. hehheheheheeeeee
It's a tough question, ladyoflegolas.

Hmm. Well I suppose when I first found pt, it was a little exciting to get that password and explore the forums and indeed find that there are some people responding to your post. I remember when I first logged in my username was Gandalf and Shadowfax or something like that. Lol! And I remember how Plastic started teasing me with my schizofrenia. Big Laugh Smilie So I changed my nick into something more comfy, and became what I am now.

And then the gender problems started... Lol! God I sure had some fun over here. And there were the water fights here at the forum and in chat. And in the meantime PT kept on growing, and more people arriving, Grondy became Taz's help, and then the council came and everything started to get more official (which was of course necessary with the loads of members that kept on knocking on the door).

I can say that in a (though small maybe) way, pt changed my life. I got to know what a wonderful tool the internet can be, met a lot of people I don't believe I would have met otherwise and found a way to talk about Tolkien and everything with people who are actually interested. Tongue Smilie

I don't think I could do without a thing like pt. Honestly. Sound like an addict now, but hey, that's the way it is. I still can't believe how many wonderful people I got to know here, and who are still hanging around here. That proves to me that pt is not a passing thing. It's here to stay. (if it doesn't go down again, that is Tongue Smilie ) And I don't think I'll ever get bored around here. I had loads of fun with you guys in the past, and I hope we will have some more in the future!

Question still is, what is my greatest personal PT moment? Like I said, I had many, but I very special to me was the way I got welcomed around here. So enthousiastic, and you really felt like a newbie, because everyone seemed to know each other already. But then you soon get to know everyone else, and you're there to welcome every other newbie. You feel you become part of this great group. And that was a really nice feeling. It still is, by the way.

*hugs everyone*
Quote:
I think mine was when I first joined and found Grondy and Plastic had replied to my first post, welcoming me to the site. Being invited onto the Council was very special too.

Wow, did I use to welcome new members? I must have been a lot nicer back then... now I wait til they catch my eye and amuse me before I say anything (in case you hadn't noticed).

Now let me think, greatest PT moment.... I think the first time I got into a real (and I mean real, we didn't have any rules back then) slanging match with Balrog, that was fun. Or it could be when I logged in briefly having been away for a couple of months after a nasty breakup and a period of homelessness to find people had been missing me and asking where I was. Or perhaps my favourite quote (again from Balrog) "That bloke from Devon's getting really annoying now". Great moments all of them...
I haven't had one yet.... Juggling Smilie
Shows how long Plastic's been around for one: I don't think I ever met Balrog. Tongue Smilie God I feel like a newbie again. lol Very Big Grin Smilie

Quote:
I haven't had one yet....

Haven't had one great PT moment yet, Celebrian? Come on, you gotta be kidding me! Maybe you just don't remember? Juggling Smilie
Quote:
Shows how long Plastic's been around for one: I don't think I ever met Balrog. God I feel like a newbie again. lol
Actually Tommie, according to the little thing to the left of your posts, you've been here longer than Plastic.
Quote:
Actually Tommie, according to the little thing to the left of your posts, you've been here longer than Plastic
Ah, but the likes of Plastic have been coming here before long before Planet Tolkien was Planet Tolkien. How long's it actually been Plastic?
Okay, the thing on the left dates from the many problems we had with the forum about the time the FOTR movie was released, my account kept going shed shaped and this was the final one, dated erm... whenever it says. I actually started coming here in about feb/march 2000 when we had the really old ezboard (the one before the one you and Grondy turned up on Tommy) which was frequented by people like Balrog, Rincewind, Boring, Onewhitetree and Taz (obviously) and a load of others I don't remember too well. So that's about 3 years now I suppose, quite a while really.
My greatest moment?Hmmm...I guess when I first came into the chat.I met Nell,Virumor,Komosot and Mellie I think.I got a warm "welcome" and I think that's pretty much all about it.I am happy to be here now Juggling Smilie (my fav. smile thingy)
Quote:
I actually started coming here in about feb/march 2000 when we had the really old ezboard (which was frequented by people like Balrog, Rincewind, Boring, Onewhitetree and Taz (obviously) and a load of others I don't remember too well.

And Golly. Dear old Golly. And Gandalf NL. Surely you remember him, Skwerl! And there were indeed many more I don't remember either. I know there was at least one version of PT before I turned up, yeah, but how many I've seen I really can't tell. Big Laugh Smilie

Hrmm. Hang on a bit, if Plastic's been around for three years now, then I think I turned up half a year or a year later. Right? Cos I think I first arrived here when I was 16. And that's three years ago now, but could be that I arrived in September or sth and that's more than half a year later. Oh well, I don't know either.

And I really don't remember who turned up first, Grondy or me. I don't remember Grondy welcoming me or me welcoming Grondy. Big Laugh Smilie But then I don't remember a lot of things. Tongue Smilie I do wonder what happened to Boring and Rince. They used to come here, on the "new" forums too, didn't they? Funny...

Just read:

Quote:
the one before the one you and Grondy turned up on Tommy)

Turned up on me, Plastic? Roflmao! Are you sure you don't mean and? Big Smile Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie

[Edited on 15/4/2003 by TomBombadillo]
Being Vindicated By Grondy on the home page! Ha that Pj is a talentless hack. Also reading Ringfacwen's joke, they're risky but not to risky that they get deleted! Big Laugh Smilie
Oh yes and the jedi mind tricks and water fights!
No, I was speaking directly to you Tommy, that sentence works just fine. And you turned up a good year later, I remember you turning up (and Grondy in fact) just after I split with my ex and moved into THAT house, whch was about February 2001. Trust me, some things you remember... and Gandalf, yeah I forgot him, he was on the very old board, and Golly turned up a few months after me, when Taz wip[ed the old board and we started again from scratch.

Here endeth the History of PT lesson.
Quote:
I haven't had one yet.... Juggling Smilie

Hum.. No, I must say I'm with you on this one, Celebrian. Or atleast I haven't got one that can compare itself with the wonderful moments you've all posted here. Buuut.. I'm waiting, with great anticipation. Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie
Lets see. My best moments. First would have to be when i "won" Best post and runner up at once! The i would have to say meeting Aire! Also when I got my cute new Avatar. But prolly, the very best one, is when I got a total of 400 replies adding up all of the "Time to play" series of role play. That was AWESOME! Big Laugh Smilie Cool Smilie Cool Smilie Cool Smilie Cool Smilie Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Cool Smilie Tongue Smilie Tongue Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Cool Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Smile Smilie Cool Smilie Cool Smilie Wink Smilie Wink Smilie Wink Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Tongue Smilie Tongue Smilie Tongue Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Cool Smilie Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
No, I was speaking directly to you Tommy, that sentence works just fine. And you turned up a good year later, I remember you turning up (and Grondy in fact) just after I split with my ex and moved into THAT house, whch was about February 2001. Trust me, some things you remember... and Gandalf, yeah I forgot him, he was on the very old board, and Golly turned up a few months after me, when Taz wip[ed the old board and we started again from scratch.

So Grondy and I turned up at about the same time then, is that what you're saying? I really don't remember. Doesn't matter either. Tongue Smilie

We started from scratch more than once, but it got better every time (don't know how many times I've said this before, but it's the truth). And PT's still a lovely place to hang around with your friends and chat. I got to know loads of fun people around here. So a "greatest moment" is really hard, because I enjoy coming here every time, no matter when. There's no place like home... Cool Smilie
Tommie, you forgot to click your heals together and say it three times. lol.

I do have to agree, that PT is a great home to have. I love this place. I have just been having a lot of medical problems lately and can not be here as often as I would like. So I guess, just logging on to PT is a great personal moment for me lately.

Figuring out tommie's a she and not a he!
Quote:
The i would have to say meeting Aire!

Aaaw!! Big Smile Smilie Now that was a PT-moment, just there!! Big Smile Smilie
Hmm, let's see. My greatest personal PT moment is probably when I first went in Chat. I met Nell, Irena and Aire (I think). I didn't intend to stay there long at first; now I amin there for at least two hours every day, and I don't know what I would do without it. Thank you, everyone, for all the great times. Big Smile Smilie Tongue Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Cat Smilie Dog Smilie Snowman Smilie Girl Smilie Puppy Smilie Elf Smilie Tigger Smilie Oink Smilie Thumbs Up Smilie Elf Winking Smilie I Jumping Flame Smilie Juggling Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie Orc Smiling Smilie Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie Juggling Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie Happy Elf Smilie Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie Waving Hello Smilie Cat Smiling Smilie Elk Grinning Smilie Genius Smilie Wiggle Smilie

Wow that's a lot of smilies!
all together now..

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!! Big Smile Smilie
Me again?? Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie WEll, I do hang out in the chat a lot. Hehe... A LOT! Wink Smilie

What can I say? I just LOVE this site!!

Smile Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Tongue Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Big Laugh Smilie In Love Smilie Smoke Smilie Very Big Grin Smilie Animated Wink Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie Birthday Smile Smilie Dunce Smilie Pary Smilie Ha Ha Ha Smilie In Love Smilie Jumping Flame Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Orc Grinning Smilie Waving Hello Smilie In Love Smilie
hmm, let's see...I joined PT back when it was an EZboard, too...yeesh that's a long time ago...

So many moments! Getting post of the week the one time was wonderful, finding out Musicimprovedme and I used to live in the same town...it was an amazing feeling to be welcomed back by you all after I disappeared for a bit during school and all...excuse me for gushing a bit here, but you all are so great, I'm so glad to have met you Big Smile Smilie
And it's good to see you are still around Chikakat. How's university treating you? I'm pleased you still have the occasional moment to visit us here. Smile Smilie

Keep in touch.
Yes please do Chika. I am glad that all the members here who are in school still manage to visit, mark of a good website, if you ask me! Big Smile Smilie
I

Living proof me typing now. Big Laugh Smilie Can't stay long though. Gotta go study again soon. Big Smile Smilie But I just couldn't resist dropping by again. Tongue Smilie