Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: The NEW Planet-Tolkien.com

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > The NEW Planet-Tolkien.com   << [1] [2]
Copied from today's Where are you all from????? under The Prancing Pony Tavern:
Quote:
Gandalf wrote on 21 July 2003
Quote:
Doesn't this board support the "one postBody until you login again" method????
and I said I wasn't sure if I would like it.

Well now that I have experianced it first hand, I'll recommend it be incorporated into our next reincarnation.
Okay, in the course of getting info for fixing the new Tomb Raider 6 game on my PC, I visited another forum and used their email notification system. Like Gandalf said, you get only one email notice of a reply, until you login again no matter how many replies have been added to that thread, while we currently get an email for each and every reply. That is something that should be incorporated into the next reincarnation of Planet-Tolkien.com's forum.
what would be the web address?
Quote:
what would be the web address?
Whose web address do you mean?
If you mean for the new PT, it wil be exactly the same.
NPT Release date is going to be December the 10th.
23 days and counting...
Smile Smilie Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie Cool Smilie Big Laugh Smilie Tongue Smilie Smoke Smilie
Bravo Taz! Can't wait to see it! Big Smile Smilie
Ooo cool! I can't wait till it comes out Taz. Happy Elf Smilie
Me too!!! I'm so curious how the new PT will look! Though I'm sure Taz & co. did another great job!

Namarie!
sounds very intressting Taz, Im really curious about how its gonna be Big Smile Smilie
Wow! Taz! 3 dayz after my B'Day! Way to go!
Hmmm well it might not be right on the 10th Wink Smilie You know what I am like, one day you will login and BOOM, it will be there. Something always goes wrong to delay me.
Okay, I think a NEW Planet-Tolkien.com'd be great. It's like The Lord Of The Rings Fan Club, which I joined about two years ago, It began with a couple of words in a sheet of paper.

Good luck Taz!
Will the new Planet-Tolkien use a new website? I'm like SO curious!
Hey, Taz, how on Earth did you get to think of a new Planet-Tolkien? Sounds like a major task to me. Lets just hope we won't have to grow symblemune on the old Planet-Tolkien...

Peace!
Filipa, the new PT will have the same address, so when it comes into being, there will be no old PT. It will be a new, better incarnation of the current site.

7 days left. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:
7 days left.

I am really looking forward to seeing the new PT. You have been working on it for a while Taz, it is really going to be cool to see your hard work. Big Smile Smilie
I can't wait! I'm curious to see what'll be modified and what'll stay... We needs the new PT, my preciousss! Any new smilies/emoticons? Tongue Smilie
One day remains.

Tongue Smilie
WARNING: DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH waiting for the New Planet-Tolkien.com. Just as fine wine takes time to age, the new website program will probably take more time than Taz estimated. As he said, 'one day it will suddenly show up', until then we can but wait with anticipation. But please, continue breathing while you do so. Elf Winking Smilie

[Edited on 10/12/2003 by Grondmaster]
Thatnks Grond, I think I was starting to turn blue there. Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Yes, it will be a wee bit longer than expected. The real world obligations (ie. paying job/work) kind of get in the way. But it will be worth the wait! As Grondy said:
Quote:
fine wine takes time to age

Wink Smilie
  << [1] [2]