Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: LOOK HERE!!! About the PT-shop fan art competiton

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > LOOK HERE!!! About the PT-shop fan art competiton   
Come on come on, don't be shy!
What about we have a sort of brainstorming in here?
Just post what you think might be good ideas for the PT store. What would you like to be on the t-shirts and mugs? What would you buy?
Well, I'm gonna ask my friend to scan my picture of Legolas holding the edge of an elven dagger, so I can get it with a better quality. I don't know if it's a good picture to have there. Why don't you be the judges of that?

You can find the picture I had in mind here:
http://art.pro-liberty.com/aire/
It's the second picture from the top. Press the thumbnail to make it larger.

Special thanks to Barandth who made the site and the gallery possible! Smoke Smilie

[Edited on 3/6/2003 by Airecristiel]
Hey you're good!! Have heard rumors you were, and now I see it's true! Big Smile Smilie

It might be a bit pale, but it could be the scan. I think it would look even better with more shadow. Pic no 3 is clearer and seems to have more dept, but no 2 has a better motif and I agree it's the best.
Thank you! Big Smile Smilie
Rumours? Woaw! I don't know what to say! That's really just.. weird. In a good way, I guess. Smile Smilie

Hum, yes, a bit pale, I do agree. The problem is that I drew it on an ordinary printerpaper with an ordinary pencil, instead of using my drawingpad and my drawingpencils. I couldn't really make a good shadow. :/
Oh well, I can edit it.
Those are beautiful Aire! I especially like the second and third images (from top).
I'm no artist, but perhaps I could suggest images I'd like to see on clothes? Okay to start with, I'd like to see some Rings.
I agree with Sam on the Ring thing. Smile Smilie Rings are always nice, especially the One Ring. And what about an Eye of Sauron T-Shirt? Or Taz's personal greeting: In Fellowship? Like Planet-Tolkien: Living in Fellowship. (Ok I'm not good at this)

Aire, that's a wonderful gallery! I especially like the first and the third picture. That elf is really... elvish. Tongue Smilie
Quote:
/*AmariŽ, I decided to paste what I wrote you in the private postBody here, you know, to through out my ideas:*/
Yippi! I was really hoping you would, but I felt it wasn't my choise to make. Too good ideas to be hid away in my PM-box Big Smile Smilie

*taking notes*
Rings are a must-have. And "In fellowship" is a good idea Tommie, it tickles my creativity. Smile Smilie And we must not forget "one site to rule them all"! I have a good idea about that one, if I can make it work.. Wink Smilie

Orcs and goblins and balrogs, oh my!
Nice to see you lot trying to help and coming up with some really good ideas, I really appreciate it and please keep on going! Wink Smilie
Well, it's certainly the least we can do! Oh, if I hadn't had to re-take the math test and study math I'd get right on with it. When is this thing due Taz? Have you set up a time limit?
I've gotta open Photoshop and start with some rings and "In Fellowship..."
You know what would be groovy? Coffea mugs are always a must, like the ones that can hold 28oz.
I just love to sit down and read LoTRs books(any book works) and not have to get back up to refill my cup with more tea. Do you get what I mean? I dont like the little 12oz ones. I especiely like to see a hansome face on my mug, too. Like maybe, Frodo?
~~~LadyFeawen~~~
We are able to do coffee mugs in the shop too.
Quote:
Maybe a T-shirt with all the Council members on the back. ... A plastic squirrel,

You can get a Plastic Squirrel T-shirt/coffee mug/mouse mat from my shop if you can't wait.

(Hooray! On Topic advertising!)
How about some "Death to Peter Jackson" stuff?
Or "Peter says "my film so rubbish we have to have extended versions!""
Quote:

Heh, I rather like that idea. Cool Smilie
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heh, I rather like that idea.
Well I don't. It's an awfull thing to put on a T-shirt. Don't say things you don't mean. It is a horribel thing to wish on someone. I know you didn't really mean it, but I don't think death-treaths are funny...
Rhodry pokes Ross with a rather large, rather dirty stick, and then runs to the aid of his fellow NZer, back off u guy's, back off...............
Quote:
-----
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Heh, I rather like that idea.

Well I don't. It's an awfull thing to put on a T-shirt. Don't say things you don't mean. It is a horribel thing to wish on someone. I know you didn't really mean it, but I don't think death-treaths are funny...
I do mean it though Wink Smilie
*sighs* Ok ok, but we won't put it on any pt t-shirt ok Ross? Wink Smilie
What about on mugs then?
Quote:
That's the spirit Ross, never give up!!! Big Laugh Smilie
I never have yet. I think they should make me a one off, Death to PJ! Mug. Big Smile Smilie
Quote:

I understand and agree Amarie. I didn't mean that I literally liked the idea of PJ dying. What I meant was: maybe we could have some anit-LotR-movie stuff, not insulting personally to actors or PJ.

More ideas: I would like to see some swords on mugs or shirts.
Quote:
More ideas: I would like to see some swords on mugs or shirts.
Maybe with like the severd of PJ above it.

[Edited on 12/6/2003 by Ross]
*sighs*
*waves hand*
These are not the movies you are looking for,
*waves hand again*
Peter jackson can go about his business
*waves hand again*
You have never heard of him or his movies
*waves hand again*
Move along
No I've established my sith powers and can resist. I want my Mug! Tongue Smilie
Well, I've given my contribution to the shop, now it is your turn! It doesn't look too bad, I'd like to hear what you think. Maybe Taz will put it up somewhere for you to see if you ask him, I haven't got the time and connection to do so myself.

Come on people! Do something! There hasn't been a reply in here for ages, where did all the ideas and the insipred people go? Very Sad Smilie
You shouted at my ideas!
Inspired people, you say?Smile Smilie

I paint all of my t-shirts,so let me see what I can give you.

(only next week though, at the moment I am too busy to eat a proper lunch, let alone design something.)

*Hugs Rodia* That would be great!! Big Smile Smilie

Whispers to Ross: Psst, you know you can make your own t-shirts, you write what ever you want *looks at Ross to see if he got the point, men aren't good at taking hints you know*, print it out on special paper and iron it on a piece of clothing. But you didn't hear it from me, I have a reputation to keep up you know.. *returns to her nice family-friendly self*
Or we could just follow our muses.

Though perhaps knowing something more about the said design would be helpful?

Graphic, or paint?
Colour or b/w?

For example.

Because I do have a bunch of LOTR fanart stored away somewhere (must remember to check under bed again), but is it anything like what you people want?

Enough thinking, there has to be something to discuss first. I'm taking a dive.
Quote:

Whispers to Ross: Psst, you know you can make your own t-shirts, you write what ever you want *looks at Ross to see if he got the point, men aren't good at taking hints you know*, print it out on special paper and iron it on a piece of clothing. But you didn't hear it from me, I have a reputation to keep up you know.. *returns to her nice family-friendly self*

Or of course Ross, you can set up your own cafepress.com site, they're free you know, and sell your evil shirts (and much more) to the masses.
Quote:
Or "Peter says "my film so rubbish we have to have extended versions!""

LoL, thats the best idea so far! I would wear it.
Yeh, I have people appreciating my ideas!
This is what I have made. Thought I should put it here for you to see. What do you think?

http://www.home.no/viz/pt-world.htm
What about "PJ one director to ruin them all!"
Nah... That sounded like "PJ one director to ruin all directors". You can do better than that Ross! "Ross, one PJ-hater to rule them all!"

But I guess this means you liked my work as you are trying to steal my idea!. Big Smile Smilie Wink Smilie
Quote:
This is what I have made. Thought I should put it here for you to see. What do you think?

You are almost there AmariŽ: I like the ring placement best in the upper picture as it is more eyepleasing; however, the script is easier to read in the lower one. Could you crop the lower picture and then expand it back to size or add some more flame at the bottom; or maybe just remove some of the the interfering flame in the upper picture?

I will buy a tee shirt with this your picture on it, especially if the shirt were black. I've a couple shirts from the PlanetarySociety.com in black that are really stunning, just as this one will be. Super Wow Smilie
It is very stunning, Amarie.
I agree with Grondy. I like the placement of the ring in the first picture. Perhaps a little less flame may make the script easier to read.
I also think it would look amazing on a black mug.
It would also look better with "PJ one director to ruin them all!"
Woaw Amarie!! The ring and the flames are really cool! Big Smile Smilie Yeah, I'd like a black mug with that on!

Hum.. Since my internet has broke down (and yes, I'm heartbroken and of I don't get m internet back soon I'll go into a deep depression and nest in a cave somwhere deep under the ground) I can't put up the resent pictures I've painted/drawn. I've made a painting of the nine nķmenours, before they are ringwraiths. You can see them in the beginning of the FotR-movie, standing in formation, holding a ring each. Yeah, that one I've made in aqurelles. I think it looks kinda cool. But, well, since I can't show it to you, what's the use of telling you. Sad Smilie
Oh well, never mind.

Quote:
What about "PJ one director to ruin them all!"

ROFL Ross!! Yeah, I think I'm gonna make my own t-shirt that says that, if PT won't make one. ;-)
Thank you guys and gals. Big Smile Smilie
Staring at the pics for hours make you kinda blind for what you can do with it. I'll fix the flames (which I thought I HAD fixed, must have been a nother version or something?), AND make one with "PJ, one director to ruin them all" just to make you all happy. Wink Smilie

Got to go now. Will be back when I can.
Wohoo! Big Smile Smilie I really want to see the outcome of the last one Amarie!! Big Smile Smilie the first one too, of course, but I'm pretty sure you will do a great joob on that one already. Smile Smilie
You do realise, Amarie, how hard you've made it for people like me to come out and show their...er...attempts?

Wink Smilie

*plans picture*

Woo hoo, at last a product that isn't sycophantic towards the gimp PJ.
Quote:
You do realise, Amarie, how hard you've made it for people like me to come out and show their...er...attempts?

*plans picture*

Dunce Smilie

I'm looking forward to see your picture(s) Rodia! Big Smile Smilie
I haven't had time to fix my pics yet, but I will.

My boyfriend is litterary hanging over (on) my shoulder and doing every thing he can come up with to bug me untill I log of so we can go home, so I will speak to you all some other day. Very Mad Smilie
Flames have been fixed. Smile Smilie

That looks great AmariŽ. Thumbs Up Smilie