Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Registering Problems

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > Registering Problems   
I don't know. If you don't receive a knowledgable reply here in a couple of days, you may wish to ask Taz via a PM.

I'm just brainstorming from ignorance here,but could she open a Tolkienmail account using your email address and use the new Tolkienmail address to register her nickname here? That may be a matter of getting the cart in front of the horse. Main thing you don't want to happen is mess-up your account doing any of this. Question Smilie
Quote:
I'm just brainstorming from ignorance here,but could she open a Tolkienmail account using your email address and use the new Tolkienmail address to register her nickname here?

But is Tolkienmail working?
I suggest that your friend get an free e-mail account with hotmail, yahoomail, or one of the many others out there. Then come back and register.
From what I understand, the way the PT registration is set up only 1 email account per person can used be registered. Mellie ran into this problem when she registered Frogboy. She had to get him an different e-mail address than hers before he could register for a PT membership.
Actually, when I registered FrogBoy, I think I used my TolkienMail account, but I am not sure. I know he has is own email now though, I have now idea what it is. lol

Mellie
Thanks for the advice. I'll see if she can get another email account other than mine (that's the one she's been using for a while!)
Merry Christmas. Testing the signature thread Cow Sleeping Smilie