Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Quick question for the Council...

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > Quick question for the Council...   
None that I can make out. Oh, of course your normal large forum moderator probably doesn't have access to all the Website controls like we do. We all have access to the main control panel; however, most of us fear to experiment with most of the controls so that we don't mess up things for the rest of the membership. Chicken Smilie

Only Taz knows the whole thing because he built it, though each of us now have a few areas where we feel comfortable because we have finally had to learn how they were operated.
Admins:Administrators are people assigned the highest level of control over the entire board. These people can control all facets of board operation which includes setting permissions, banning users, creating usergroups or moderators, etc. They also have full moderator capabilities in all the forums.

Moderators:Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.
Quote:
. We all have access to the main control panel; however, most of us fear to experiment with most of the controls so that we don't mess up things for the rest of the membership.
You can say that again, Grondy. I go in there so infrequently, I have to relearn how to do everything each time I need to do something.

I think also, that we have powers that fall somewhere in between the two catagories that LadyFearwen mentioned. From what I've figured, we can mess with the board operations and set permissions etc, but I think that only Taz can ban members or create new mods.