Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: How was PT started?

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > How was PT started?   
Who came up with Planet-Tolkien and how did The Council form?? When did it start??

I was just thinking last night about this and wanted to find out so if you know please tell me!! I want to know!!
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...... sat Tarrant, and he stretched forth his hands and behold, the the monitor glowed and he saw that it glowed and it was good. Then Tarrant, being of almost sound mind.....
Hehehehehehe!!!! Okay some real answers now but that was funny Vee!!!!
About five or so years ago I started a website called, "Tolkiens-Middle-Earth.co.uk". It wasn't much and was my first dabble in web-design and the Internet, in honesty. However, the site did quite well and I reformed it to become "Tolkiens-Realm.co.uk". This is where the website really started to take off! After a couple of years, we had a strong community and enough content to start thinking about making the site more dynamic and fun. Thus came Planet-Tolkien.com using a postnuke engine, until today where we now shine completely pure, ready to take on the web!
so taz you started it and the other council members just were visiters to the site and decided to become council people??

Oh and another question what happened to the site it's all different!!!
" website is currently under-construction, please be patient."
My my, you're very mature today, Crystle Caves. I've just responded to your thread where you said about a plan against maturity. What's wrong? Have you been taking your medication or something?
Quote:
So taz you started it and the other council members just were visiters to the site and decided to become council people??
Oh and another question what happened to the site it's all different!!!

The council members or should I say, to start with, 'member'. Were people who I asked to help administrate around the forum and help with gathering LotR Movie News sources. At some point we came up with the idea of "Council Members" and from there on the idea grew.

The website is being redesigned as the previous layout was thought to be a bit confusing.
And suddenly, all the planet-Tolkien members who are girls swarm all over tarrant and smother him face with smooches! Tarrant runs away.
No, just jokes. Tarrant, you really are a genius. I would invent a website but I know nothing about them, and there's certainly enough already (Kind of like Tolkien biographies and guides to Middle-earth. DId you know there are 103 Tolkien-related books in the Hamilton libraries in NEw Zealand?)
Male or female? It amazes me to see, and admire, I must say, how you can change topics in the blink of an eye. So here is my ingredient to the mix. Tarrant, congratulations. You keep fans happy all over the world. Do you feel big? And of course grupies always tag along. So, Thanks for the attention. Also, not that I am complaining, but now I have a lot of Mithril, thanks. Elf Smilie
Feel big? Nah, there is so much more to be done yet!
Quote:
but now I have a lot of Mithril, thanks.

Yes! Thank you so much tarrant! I think of you only when your avatar is in my face when I open my daily e-mail!!
If this above pargraph offends you in any way taz, No Offense to you, the master!
How many council members are there anyway????????????
There is Allyssa,Vale,Amarie,and Grondy. I hope I didn't forget anyone. Wiggle Smilie
Quote:
I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Rednell and Mellie too! Happy Elf Smilie
Thanks!
And now Elfstone too Smile Smilie
Congratulations to you Elfstone! Big Smile Smilie

Hang on a bit: I thought the council members were the ones with the little crowns above their avatar... But Mellie and Amarie haven't got one. Neither has Elfstone (yet?). So how does that work? Because I thought Peredhil or Perwing had a crown too, but they aren't in the list. Are they? Orc Going Huh Smilie
Nope. The crowned people are helping to pay the cost of this site. Ca 1£ a month I think. The Council are disguised as normal people right now. Maybe eventually they will get a septer or a staff or something! Smile Smilie

And congratulations once again to Elfstone! Big Smile Smilie
Welcome aboard Elfstone! Smile Smilie
Congrats Elfstone Wiggle Smilie Sorry Mellie and Rednell I forgot you, silly me. Cat Smiling Smilie
Quote:
And now Elfstone too

Congratulations, Elfstone. Great to have you on board, mate. Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Thanks everyone! Happy Elf Smilie

As I told Val yesterday, I consider it a tremendous honor to have been appointed to a position on the Council, and itís something that I will take very seriously! I look forward to working along side Tarrant, and the rest of our outstanding existing Council members in making PT the best Tolkien site on the Net, and the very best it can be!
Elf Smilie
i wish I was onthe Council. I'll get there someday!
Quote:
Nope. The crowned people are helping to pay the cost of this site. Ca 1£ a month I think. The Council are disguised as normal people right now. Maybe eventually they will get a septer or a staff or something!

Ooh! I see! Thanks Grev! For a moment I was confused there. Animated Wink Smilie

Yeah, I think it would be easier if we could recognise the council members by something. Just a thought though.
Quote:
Yeah, I think it would be easier if we could recognise the council members by something.

Maybe a set of evil red eyes looking down upon our flock would be cool Wink Smilie
well this hasnt used in a while we do now have Mir as our new council member! YAY!!!!!!
Yay, indeed.
And this thread is so old, maybe we should add Vee to it, too. Welcome on board Vee.
Er... thanks.
yay for V :P
yay im glad i started this again, Vee's here Pary Smilie!!!!!!!!
I have always been here....