Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: PT now on Facebook and Twitter

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > PT now on Facebook and Twitter   

Planet Tolkien now has its own Facebook Fan Page and Twitter! Please head over to Facebook and become a fan by either clicking here or if that doesn't work, search for "Planet Tolkien" in the search box at the top of Facebook. Please make sure to share the Fan page with all your friends! You can also now follows us on Twitter by clicking here. You can expect lots of updates as well as a new interactive PT design coming soon!

Hmmm... who's this Dawson King who likes our Facebook page? One of our members, perhaps?
I'm also running a PT Fan Page advert on Facebook which is pending review.
Dawson King = Fornac?

Or you wouldn't mention him Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
Oi you two! Less of the detectives and more of the clicking "I'm a Fan" and "Share" buttons I
First of all, I'm not Dawson. But perhaps more pressingly, Tarrant, you appear to have made TEN MILLION POSTS!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!! HOW?!?!? HOW HAS THIS HAPPENED?!?!?!
I reckon that's wrong, I've definitely made more.
Very Mad Smilie
Smile Smilie
10000001!?

Using his moddy powers to cheat Shaking Head Smilie

Maybe it includes the daily 'You have mithril' messages?
I
Hehe. Rank does have its privledges. Smile Smilie
Thorin Oakenshield has kindly joined Planet Tolkien's team of volunteer staff and will be administrating our new Facebook Page. I think we can expect great things from him and I look forward to following his updates. Thanks Thorin Moderator Smilie
Do you mean that he's a Council member? Because I don't see the writing beneath his avatar.
I like the idea of a Facebook page, but now one can tell that all the people who have 'liked' it are members exposing their names.
If you want to connect with me on PT send me a PM Fornac. Also I don't think it polite to post SIan's name here without her permission Smile Smilie
Quote:
Do you mean that he's a Council member? Because I don't see the writing beneath his avatar.

He's not a Council member, not yet anyway, that takes time and lots of servitude Good Morning Smilie

Quote:
I like the idea of a Facebook page, but now one can tell that all the people who have 'liked' it are members exposing their names.

The purpose of the Facebook Page is mostly, to attract new members to the website.
Fornac, I realized people would recognize my avatar and I don't mind. Several of us have been Facebook friends already and enjoy the same fine company in another venue Smile Smilie

Thorin is a very good choice for the page care-taker ! And I'm glad to see you back, Thorin!
Sorry Sian... I didn't think when I did it.
Quote:
Several of us have been Facebook friends already and enjoy the same fine company in another venue

Yeah. You were friends with me on my old account which unfortunately got disabled Sad Smilie
And thanks I'm glad to be back too Big Smile Smilie
No problem at all, Fornac Smile Smilie I'm not the sort that needs to worry about stalkers Orc Grinning Smilie

Thorin, I wondered what had happened to you.. Hope your account is ok now.
You will now see a new "Like" button next to the title of each thread. If you like the thread and think it's interesting, please click the button Happy Elf Smilie
I never got the old one back because I refused to sent facebook a copy of what they were asking me to prove my identity.

I created a new account
Fornac, look what Taz has done under his name. Orc Grinning Smilie
Seen it... don't argue or he'll get you. The ruler likes his subjects in line. I
C'mon then! Na-na-na-na-na Smilie Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
Moderator Smilie
Quote:
look what Taz has done under his name.

Do not meddle in the post number related affairs of fraggles, for they are fluffy and have sharp teeth. Cat Smiling Smilie

(But it did make me giggle. Ha Ha Ha Smilie )
...but fraggles are sooooooo cute! Angel Smilie Wiggle Smilie
For those of you who are on Facebook, please take a few seconds and invite your friends to the PT page Orc With Thumbs Up Smilie
Quote:
For those of you who are on Facebook, please take a few seconds and invite your friends to the PT page

Here here! Plus start clicking the "Like" buttons on individual threads please Smile Smilie
Hey Taz on Facebook I see no 'Become a Fan' option??? I have done my utmost and also my friend's :P gimme your utmost to become a fan.
Click here
Already with 70 likes, this will definitely shoot up our visitors. I haven't used Twitter though, but I'll use Facebook, which reminds me, I should go on it and become a fan Elf Sticking Tounge Out Smilie
You can also 'Like' the blast from the page from time to time and share it from to your home page! Elf With a Big Grin Smilie
I noticed in the thread Taz has created a Twitter page for PT, as well. I am not familiar with Twitter at all. Facebook is challenging enough. :P
Is anyone here a Twitter follower? Is it worth joining and tweeting for the ordinary old person? :P
I do only Facebook Rednell. I don't think I'll have enough time to manage an account on both platform. The facebook group is coming along nicely. We have got pass 100 likes now Smile Smilie

(oh and the Online/offline indicator is broken again)
I really like the PT logo on the Facebook page. I was thinking that it might be nice to sell things with that image on them through Cafe Press.. I'd certainly buy a bumper sticker! Any thoughts on this?

http://www.cafepress.com/

Actually, there was a time when PT had merchandise through Cafe Press. I have a very cozy hoodie with the logo you mentioned. I love it. Smile Smilie

hmm, Facebook eh? I guess it had to be to keep us sharp and in the know. But it seems so un middle-earthy somehow.  Smile Smilie Still, anything that gets people to see the beauty of this place and join is okay by me. My last two account on Facebook were hacked so I gave it up. I had Thorin and Sian and others, Mellon for one on my page and so enjoyed talking to them and seeing them face to face. And I agree that our dear Thorin will rock our socks off with his intelligent approach and dedication to detail in helping forward our awesome sight.

Let's get this going again, for our new members! Smile Smilie

Quote:
For those of you who are on Facebook, please take a few seconds and invite your friends to the PT page

Here here! Plus start clicking the "Like" buttons on individual threads please

Just a reminder! Wink Smilie

Thorin, you should try updating it more regularly then like you said you would  The last update was on November 30th. Also, can you add me back as an Admin as I created a new FB account, thank you.

You need to send me a new friend request from your account Smile Smilie

And yep, I will do it more regularly! 

I finally found a place to write this:

PT Twitter account looks delicious!

Just liked PT. well all be able to see each others pix and thoughts in another way. Could be fun!