Login | Register

Message Board | Latest Posts | Your Recent Posts | Rules

Thread: Merry Christmas 2010

Is this discussion interesting? Share it on Twitter!

Bottom of Page    Message Board > Website General Discussion > Merry Christmas 2010   
Wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas! Hope you all have a great time with your family and friends! Big Smile Smilie

And the same to you Thorin Oakenshield!!

I'll be getting my complete Histories of Middle Earth collection tomorrow and I CANNOT wait to start. Anyone else know what they're getting?

And don't give me any of that "too old for Christmas" nonsense...

Happy Christmas and Happy Weekend for those who don't celebrate!

We have enjoyed a lot of great food and opened the presents and had a good time. Smile Smilie An extra thought goes to those who have one less plate to set at their table this year. 

Merry Christmas to all on PT.  Thanks to all my friends here for making this place a part of my home.  Your friendships are truly appreciated.  I have posted my usual poem to the poetry thread. 

Gandalf

A very Merry Christmas to everyone here on PT...which is one of the best gifts I got myself this yearsurprise.Lots of hugs and love to everyone..have a blessed and fun-filled time and remember....

Don't drink and drive or set yourself on fire for that matter

Very Merry Christmas to those who observe it. And to those who do not, blessings.

That was a lovely poem dear Gandalf

Amarie thankyou, we have three less plates this year.

If I could give to you all one gift each it would be peace in your lives, peace in your hearts and minds and peace that is healing.
But since I have not the power I pray it just the same. I don't usually care about gifts for me, I try instead to make sure others that are in need have, that is the greatest gift. But usually there are some who do not listen and give me gifts!. One such was the complete works of Jane Austen, and a teeny tiny hard cover set of the poems of JRR. All illustrated, it is adorable.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll put it in here...

But, of course, I got my HOME collection yesterday. Was so busy I didn't get to start it until I went to bed last night. Because of this I was only able to make it through the forward introduction and most of "The Cottage of Lost Play" (which is awesome, by the way), but already I was able to draw so many beautiful quotes from both JRR AND CJR Tolkien. I'll share one of them with you now...

‎"A story must be told or there'll be no story, yet it is the untold stories that are most moving...mountains seen far away, never to be climbed, distant trees never to be approached..." -J.R.R. Tolkien

This was in reference to what might happen with the publishing of The Silmarillion. Would it detract from the charm of the LOTR? Would it be a mistake to emphasize such a grand history which was so often alluded to? You be the judge...

Merry Christmas everyone  

I think PT will see a big increase in visitors in 2011 with the movie on its way!